Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unlimitted Vettes fraud

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 04:23 PM
RC73
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would NEVER buy/pay for any ride without first looking it over before I laid down my hard earned money. If I could not see it before I pay, NO Sale. My 73 was located in Tenn., I flew from Houston to check out it out. Spent about 5 hours to inspect it, everthing checked out. Sure, cost me around 300. buck airfare one way and if I did not buy it, would have cost me another 300. to fly back home, but I would rather lose 600. buck then be out thousands of dollars.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:31 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

This thread seems to have a record number of first time posters. I wonder how many of them are the same person.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:44 PM
adam
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone contact Ebay....

I know they are super "seller friendly" but they should at least know what others believe he is doing...
Old 06-13-2005, 08:28 PM
mengbar
Instructor

Default Welcome to the Fraternity Michael

I'd personally like to take the opportunity to thank MichaelDarnell1975 for his service to our country. You've completed a right-of-passage that you will be able to share with your family for a lifetime. You've paid you dues and rejoined the masses in the civilian ranks. You would make any father proud to the bone.

Now, you have also learned a valuable lesson in life Michael, never expect to be treated fair from anyone except those who have earned your respect. You cannot make people act responsibly or honerably it is in the character of the person or it is missing. If it is missing you cannot shame them into being honorable they lack the basic ingredient self respect.

Your friends and home body shop that performed the overhaul for you did you an act of kindness. They shouldered a wrong that had been inflicted upon you and balanced the books as best as they could. Be happy with the vette and the good friends and move on.

There is an old saying in the South. If you wrestle with the pigs you're going to smell like them. I'd distance myself from the man and waste no more of my presious time grieving or desiring a reckoning. He will get his in spades when it all catches up with him eventually.

When are you going to post some pictures of that ride and the cutey that rides beside you?
Old 06-14-2005, 02:07 PM
twistdpair
Instructor

HAAHAHAAAAA! Look at this loser! HE thinks he's going to be a movie star!!!

http://michaelmontrief.exploretalent...alentnum=41687
Old 06-14-2005, 02:11 PM
twistdpair
Instructor

Could he be involved with the Orange County school for Character Education? I sure hope not...

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache...&hl=en&start=1
Old 06-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Midyrman
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by mengbar
I'd personally like to take the opportunity to thank MichaelDarnell1975 for his service to our country. You've completed a right-of-passage that you will be able to share with your family for a lifetime. You've paid you dues and rejoined the masses in the civilian ranks. You would make any father proud to the bone.

Now, you have also learned a valuable lesson in life Michael, never expect to be treated fair from anyone except those who have earned your respect. You cannot make people act responsibly or honerably it is in the character of the person or it is missing. If it is missing you cannot shame them into being honorable they lack the basic ingredient self respect.

Your friends and home body shop that performed the overhaul for you did you an act of kindness. They shouldered a wrong that had been inflicted upon you and balanced the books as best as they could. Be happy with the vette and the good friends and move on.

Michael - you are getting good advice here. Best of luck and thank you for your service to our country.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:18 AM
ps1
Intermediate

Default Parents Complicity

Originally Posted by twistdpair
Could he be involved with the Orange County school for Character Education? I sure hope not...

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache...&hl=en&start=1
No, it is his father who is a teacher. It is too bad that his parents involve themselves with his activities by allowing Michael access to the Orange County Teachers Credit Union for banking needs and allowing their home to be used by Michael to meet buyers. This most likely helps protect his privacy.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:53 PM
iknowvettes
Heel & Toe

Default Unilimited Vettes is now USCORVETTES on ebay

Just wanted to let everyone know that Michael has changed is user name on e-bay to USCORVETTES
Old 06-29-2005, 02:24 PM
gerry72
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Looks like he's also USCORVETTE (in Ohio) as a backup ID. ID History comes up as a blank. Does eBay allow that sort of thing?
Old 06-29-2005, 02:39 PM
iknowvettes
Heel & Toe

You can change your id as many times as you want, ebay shows a little icon with an arrow that is an indicator that you have changed your id. You have to click on id history to see what the old it was.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:33 PM
jkonkle
Go big or don't go...
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ebay and purchasing

Not that I'm an expert...

1. always file a police report with your local police
2. Avoid buying anything outside of ebay; it's actually against the rules and the seller's saves a ton by doing it. If you are negoitating - negotiate only through ebay. If you can, get the buyer to send you a confirmation via email that he/she is going to sell outside of ebay though it started on ebay. That's a violation.
3. Alway's send money through the mail - if it turns out he/she is fraudulent. It's "Mail Fraud" - ;-) That's a fun one.

My only bad experience on ebay and I had a detective with the users "local police" stop by and have a chat.

JK
Old 06-30-2005, 10:40 PM
Red955i
7th Gear

Default New Car for sale

Originally Posted by stavanger
Question....I'm not a big Ebay user nor am I a lawyer...maybe some of you can answer this

Can you run and ad on Ebay which says
1972 72 Corvette Nu Paint 61k ORIGINAL MILES! P/S P/B - INFO
Start the bid at .01

And guide people here, or to a website we create warning of this individual?

If we duplicate every ad...including year,,,when people sort by title or year they should come up together

Just an idea

Comments??
Old 06-30-2005, 10:51 PM
Supersportt396
Instructor

Default Your vette

You can run an add. Ebay is full of fake adds,but who is going to pay the 40 bucks inception fee?

Quick Reply: Unlimitted Vettes fraud