Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Mile 81 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Donny Brass
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 74 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019
2017 C2 of the Year Finalist

Default Low Mile 81 for sale

This 53,000 mile car needs nothing and is ready to roll for the summer

The paint and leather interior are new !

Power Steering, Brakes, Locks, and Windows, tilt, ice cold A/C, 350 / auto.

$15,000, includes a 6 month warrenty at that price

e-mail brass327@hotmail.com or call 586-481 -0094 for more info
Old 05-20-2005, 09:42 PM
MsVetteMan
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm continuously shocked at the mileage claims of a typical no special vette for sale. 53,000 miles huh? That's what mine has on it, but rolled over.......

I'm so tired or reading this b.s........
Old 05-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by MsVetteMan
I'm continuously shocked at the mileage claims of a typical no special vette for sale. 53,000 miles huh? That's what mine has on it, but rolled over.......

....your not going to buy the car anyway, so why complain. Almost all of your posts have some kind of whine in them. If your not interested in the car, keep it to yourself and let the sellers deal with real questions.........
Old 05-21-2005, 08:42 AM
MsVetteMan
Melting Slicks

The guys a dealer........I do care, don't want anyone to get ripped off.....

Who died and made you board king?
Old 05-21-2005, 09:51 AM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

...Nobody......
I just call them like I see them..
I've seen you post many times here with guys trying to sell cars...
Your sometimes negative with your comments.
Believe it or not, most buyers here know their stuff. You don't have to make a seller look bad to make a point.....
If you want more information about a car, ask for it....
Otherwise, it's a good idea to keep your criticisms to yourself......
Old 05-21-2005, 10:10 AM
KALAWAY
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dave1
....your not going to buy the car anyway, so why complain. Almost all of your posts have some kind of whine in them. If your not interested in the car, keep it to yourself and let the sellers deal with real questions.........
I'm not one to get nasty with my comments, but I couldn't imagine selling a car a NOT telling the buyer that the mileage has rolled over. So I agree with MsVetteMan. This needs to be out in the open.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Donny Brass
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

How about I am not a dealer. How about sending me an e-mail asking about the car. How about coming out and seeing the car.

How about not making an a$$ out of yourself.

I don't think I would be offering a warranty on a fraudulent car with 150K on the speedo. If anyone wants to know why I posted 3 cars for sale free free to call my cell phone and I will be happpy to talk to you.

You can also ask how I am offering a warranty. Just because someone pissed on your cornflakes does not mean eveyone else is a crook.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Donny Brass
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by KALAWAY
I'm not one to get nasty with my comments, but I couldn't imagine selling a car a NOT telling the buyer that the mileage has rolled over. So I agree with MsVetteMan. This needs to be out in the open.

The mileage on the car is correct. There, it's out in the open.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:52 PM
MsVetteMan
Melting Slicks

Bwwwwwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh...........

I sure you can prove it with some type of yearly documentation, huh?

Whatever........
Old 05-21-2005, 03:06 PM
MsVetteMan
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Dave1
...Nobody......
I just call them like I see them..
I've seen you post many times here with guys trying to sell cars...
Your sometimes negative with your comments.
Believe it or not, most buyers here know their stuff. You don't have to make a seller look bad to make a point.....
If you want more information about a car, ask for it....
Otherwise, it's a good idea to keep your criticisms to yourself......
Not to get in a pissin' contest Dave, but explain to me why or how an 81, which isn't a collector by any means, has such low mileage. These cars are driven.....If you even consider that 10,000 miles a year is low on cars, especially their first ten years, it isn't feasible to assume any 24 year old car only has 53,000 miles on it, and the miles were probably put on it in the first 5 years of ownership.

Am I saying the guying is lying, NO I'm not, but he may be relaying info. passed on to him, which wasn't correct. Many, many, many folks know and knew how to unhook odometers to keep mileage from registering, as well as knowing how to roll back the odometers.

My point is BUYER BEWARE. If mileage can't be documented year to year with some evidence without huge gaps, you better run. I could actually TRY to sell my 81 as original 54,000 miles as shown, and the last recorded documentation 10 years ago, actually shows it as such.

Peace.........and by the way, I compliment just as many cars in this forum as I question.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:00 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Not to get in a pissin' contest Dave, but explain to me why or how an 81, which isn't a collector by any means, has such low mileage. These cars are driven.....If you even consider that 10,000 miles a year is low on cars, especially their first ten years, it isn't feasible to assume any 24 year old car only has 53,000 miles on it, and the miles were probably put on it in the first 5 years of ownership.
These cars do exist. I bought a 39k mile '80 L48 4 years ago. I do have all repair receipts since the car was new proving the mileage.
I just don't know how people can come on this forum and, without knowing anything about the seller, basically call him a liar. It's not cool. I think it should be taken to email or PMs.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Donny Brass
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I don't know you, you don't know me and despite your lame disclaimer you are most certainly calling me a liar.

Look: either look at the car or shut your pie hole. I am quite sure your POS would not pass the sniff test with 50K on the odometer.

Gee, I dunno, maybe they were bought by people with disposable income who didn't use it as a everyday car ??? No, that's never happened before..............

Thank you for wasting my time with your horsesh!t tantrum about how Corvettes are all driven to excess and anyone claiming ot have less miles than your car is surely lying. It's a shame you decided to direct your venom at the cars I have offered, as all I am trying to do is help a sick friend move some very nice car to help with medical bills.

BTW, my 1966 Corvette had 85K on the odometer, and has been in my family since 1968, and has been limited use since 1971. See, unlike you, some folks recognized the possiblity that these cars might someday be worth a few bucks, and took them off the road early.

Last edited by Donny Brass; 05-21-2005 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:57 PM
MsVetteMan
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by The_Dude
These cars do exist. I bought a 39k mile '80 L48 4 years ago. I do have all repair receipts since the car was new proving the mileage.
I just don't know how people can come on this forum and, without knowing anything about the seller, basically call him a liar. It's not cool. I think it should be taken to email or PMs.
First of all you need to learn how to read before you jump in pal.......

I specifically said I WASN'T CALLING HIM A LIAR. Learn to read, better yet, learn to comprehend what you read.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:02 PM
MsVetteMan
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Donny Brass
I don't know you, you don't know me and despite your lame disclaimer you are most certainly calling me a liar.

Look: either look at the car or shut your pie hole. I am quite sure your POS would not pass the sniff test with 50K on the odometer.

Gee, I dunno, maybe they were bought by people with disposable income who didn't use it as a everyday car ??? No, that's never happened before..............

Thank you for wasting my time with your horsesh!t tantrum about how Corvettes are all driven to excess and anyone claiming ot have less miles than your car is surely lying. It's a shame you decided to direct your venom at the cars I have offered, as all I am trying to do is help a sick friend move some very nice car to help with medical bills.

BTW, my 1966 Corvette had 85K on the odometer, and has been in my family since 1968, and has been limited use since 1971. See, unlike you, some folks recognized the possiblity that these cars might someday be worth a few bucks, and took them off the road early.

How nice of you to attack.......and how grown up. You call my car a POS, and I haven't even commented on your car other than the mileage. Very grown up.

You also need to learn how to comprehend what you read. I SPECIFICALLY SAID YOU WEREN'T A LIAR, guess you missed that part.

Also nice language.........typical response from someone backed into a corner they can't get out of.

SHOW ME THE MONEY! ANSWER THE QUESTION.......CAN YOU DOCUMENT THE MILES WITHOUT ANY BIG YEAR GAPS IN BETWEEN?

I'll be happy to verify via car fax if you give me the VIN. Or better yet, most reputable sellers with nothing to hide, already have a car fax to provide potential buyers.

I'll gladly back up and apologize if you can prove your claims......
Old 05-21-2005, 05:17 PM
MsVetteMan
Melting Slicks

Here's my POS as you described it.......

looks as good as yours, also has a new interior, rebuilt motor (what would you expect for 154,000 miles), and a 4 year old paint job.

Not much different from yours 81 with 53,000 miles huh?

Old 05-21-2005, 05:25 PM
MsVetteMan
Melting Slicks

Hey DonnyBoy......tell ya what else I will do.......

If the car checks out all the way around and is in as good of shape as one with only 53,000 miles should be (running condition, engine, suspension, etc....), AND you can document the miles with no yearly gaps, I'LL BUY IT FROM YOU!

That's right, I'll buy it........Let's start with the mileage verification......YOUR TURN.........
Old 05-21-2005, 06:04 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

First of all you need to learn how to read before you jump in pal.......

I specifically said I WASN'T CALLING HIM A LIAR. Learn to read, better yet, learn to comprehend what you read.
You said
Originally Posted by MSVetteMAN
in your first post to this thread. Isn't that calling the seller a liar?

Last edited by The_Dude; 05-21-2005 at 06:53 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Low Mile 81 for sale

Old 05-21-2005, 06:13 PM
mxzx turbine
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 81 vettes

Hey, he's walking the walk not just talking the talk, so kudos I guess but can't we get along, guys.

anyway, MSVETTEMAN, you don't need two cars so I'm interested in your 153,000 miler, which buy the way I think your lying about, I say it only has 53,000 miles

Just kidding, guys, lighten up.

Old 05-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Donny Brass
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Hey DonnyBoy......tell ya what else I will do.......

If the car checks out all the way around and is in as good of shape as one with only 53,000 miles should be (running condition, engine, suspension, etc....), AND you can document the miles with no yearly gaps, I'LL BUY IT FROM YOU!

That's right, I'll buy it........Let's start with the mileage verification......YOUR TURN.........
When are you going to send the check !!!

The story of this 1981 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1AY8768BS426623) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This coupe has had at least one owner.
It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.

It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.

It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. The last odometer reading, reported on 06/29/2001, was 49,563 miles.

It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

This 1981 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1AY8768BS426623) had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

I will even knock $500 bucks off, just because your such a nice guy
Old 05-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

WTF? Unless you are going to buy it or the owner specificly asks for an opinion from the forum, STFU and move on. Get a hobby if you are bored.

**EDIT** -- LOL!!! Looks like you just got OWNED! Cut the guy a check and make an appointment to pick up your new Vette! LOL!!!

Last edited by Chevy Guy; 05-21-2005 at 07:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Low Mile 81 for sale