Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

72' SB Coupe, 4spd, very orig.!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Harps
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 51 Posts

Default 72' SB Coupe, 4spd, very orig.!

We are looking to sell this 72' base 350, 4spd coupe, that is in very original and unmolested condition. 3 owner car, with alot of history and paperwork from the original owner of its first 20 years. The car has very low mileage as well. It shows 61,xxx on the odometer and the paperwork and receipts records a lot the history and mileage. Original protecto-o-plate is included as well.

Red exterior with some of its original paint, and minor touch up work done to conceal some very small rock chips. All the original body panels are in place, with no patchwork done on any of the glass. There is one small spot above the right rear tailight that was touched up and sanded. Other than that, the paint is very nice from 5 feet. I would give the paint a 7 out of 10. It looks great as a driver paint job. All original bonding seams are still in tact as well. All of the interior appears to be original with just a couple small cracks on the driver side arm rest. The engine compartment appears to be original, untouched, and in nice shape.

The car runs, drives, and stops straight. All numbers match on the drivetrain, and almost everything seems to be original to the car. Radiator and fuel pump are not original. Nothing on the car appears to be tampered with, or restored. No "spray can restorations" on anything. It's only options are tilt/tele, power steering, AM/FM.

Known issues and items that would keep the car from being a full survivor.

1. The car does have minor rust scaling in the rear section of the frame, and on the supports for the rear tire carrier. The bird cage, windshield are clean, and the kick panels in front of the rear tires of the frame are rock solid. No major structural issues because of the rust scaling. This car spent most of its life in PA, so it probably had some exposure to the winters there.
2. Replacement radiator, original not avail.
3. Replacement fuel pump.
4. Small oil leak, valve covers or rear main seal.
5. Tach is not working. Could be the tach cable, or gear drive on the distributor.
6. Original radio not working.

All other gauges work, along with the lights and wipers.

This is a very nice, very original car, and very well cared for 72 coupe. We have too much on our hands right now to enjoy this car, and would like to sell it.

Asking $17,900, or make me an offer.

If you are interested, please email me at: Rob.Harper@sas.com or call me at (919) 349-2869.

Here are some pics:

If you are interested, please email me.

Thanks,

Rob
Raleigh, NC

Last edited by Harps; 09-27-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Harps
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 51 Posts

ttt, still for sale.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Karfever
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

sent you a PM

Get notified of new replies

To 72' SB Coupe, 4spd, very orig.!

Quick Reply: 72' SB Coupe, 4spd, very orig.!