Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1968 Red Corvette Convertible for Sale !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 02:20 AM
chytaan
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1968 Red Corvette Convertible for Sale !!

Hello:

1968 Rally Red Corvette Convertible for sale.

*The car comes with Matching Numbers.
* Rally Red CONVERTIBLE.
* The Desired 327/350 High Perfomance Motor.
* 4-speed with about 92k miles.
* well maintained (see pictures).

My father in law had this car for the past 15 years sitting & covered in the garage on a farm here in Deforest WI. They are moving to a new house, and that is the reason for the sale.

This corvette looks and runs GREAT. It is original with a new repaint years back. The body, paint, inside, underbody all look very good, as you can see from the pictures below. Turns heads and gets tons of attention wherever you take it !

I am posting this car here first, before i advertise it eslewhere, thus giving corvette members an early bird opportunity.

Nada average retail value is about $32k... we are asking $24,900/offers.

The car was just inspected and serviced by my mechanic. It is straight and solid and ready to go anywhere.

We will consider Reasonable offers . Its a Gorgeous CORVETTE !!

Please feel free to email me at chytaan@yahoo.com , or call me directly at 608-239-4473.

Last edited by chytaan; 07-04-2006 at 02:48 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:33 AM
chytaan
8th Gear

Default New pictures above

Added new info and all new pictures above.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:38 AM
Localbulldog
Racer

I am interested in your car. A few questions:

Do you have both tops and what is the condition ?
Frame and undercarrage pictures ?
Do you have the original valve covers ?
Rear end gears ?
Location ? Wisconson ?
Do you have the manufacture date ?
Do all electrical / fiber optics function ?
Whats up with the ride height ? Seems to be alot of space between the top of tires and body.

Additional pics to julieanddavid@adelphia.net

Thanks

Last edited by Localbulldog; 07-04-2006 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:41 AM
dmchyla
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you find the trim tag on the car? Just below the driver's side windshield pillar?
Old 07-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by Localbulldog
...Do you have the original valve covers ?...
...those ARE the original valve covers for a '68 L-79 car.

...ONLY the '55 & '68 Corvettes ever had factory chrome valve covers on a smallblock. The '68 300hp base engine cars had the same stamped steel valve covers, except they were painted, not plated.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Localbulldog
Racer

Thanks Paul
Old 07-05-2006, 01:35 AM
chytaan
8th Gear

Paul, thank you for answering some of the questions. I am not an expert on corvettes at all, so your knowledge is much appreciated.

Regarding the tops, the car comes with one top, and as you can see in the pictures its in excellent condition.

Regarding the functionality of the electrical equipments, everything seems to function properly, the only thing i am aware of that needs attention is the wipers. Not a big deal since this convertible is never driven in the rain, so they havent been used. The car gear shifts and drives properly as it should. It is located near Madison, Wi (2hrs N.of chicago).

As i mentioned above, most of you know more than i do about these cars. Localbulldog, I will take additional pictures of the underbody and frame, as well as the matching numbers on the body, the interior, exterior etc..and post them here or send them to you. As i have gotten additional requests for more pictures. I will take them and post them soon.

Abe

Last edited by chytaan; 07-05-2006 at 01:41 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Localbulldog
Racer

Thanks
Old 07-05-2006, 10:17 PM
AWilson
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I am not an expert but learning. Isn't the door lock a 68 but the shark gills are 69. IF I am right then whats the history and is it 68 0r 69? OOPS I just learned a little more. 68's had the gills.

Last edited by AWilson; 07-05-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:40 PM
chytaan
8th Gear

Default More updates :)

Here some more information and the pictures many requested:

The vehicle identification number is : 194678S422925
Decoding it will help answer some of your questions.

The following are pictures of the vin, inside, outside, motor, and underbody as requested.

I know several of you said your are interested. If you are serious, please email me at chytaan@yahoo.com, or call me directly at 608-239-4473. My wife says the car has to go, so all reasonable offers will be considered.

Thanks,
Abe

Last edited by chytaan; 07-05-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Localbulldog
Racer

email sent
Old 07-09-2006, 09:19 AM
AWilson
Drifting

Is this car still available?
Old 07-11-2006, 12:28 AM
chytaan
8th Gear

AWislon, yes its available. Email sent.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:47 PM
chytaan
8th Gear

Default Car is SOLD !!!!!

Car is SOLD !!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 08:26 AM
AWilson
Drifting

Good for you! I bet I would have bought it if in came up for sale in a month or two. I think this is a nice car. I am a little slow on the draw as I have yet to be comfortable with value and learning the gotcha's etc. But I am learning fast. The good cars go fast, you have to know what you want, know it when you see it, and make a decision.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:59 AM
chytaan
8th Gear

The person who bought the car, is a professional corvette appraiser.

He looked the car up and down for 3 hours, and looked at every area where there are numbers on the car. He told me that the car is 100% matching numbers everywhere. !!!!!!!

He owns his own corvette shop. He says people hire him and pay him top money to appraise expensive high end classic cars for them and tell them if they are matching numbers, or if anything not correct with the car.

He said he will do some finishing touches on the car and will take it down to Barrett-Jackson !!!!!

I just wish i knew more about these cars, he probably got a good deal, if a corvette dealer said the car passed with flying colors and he will take it and sell it at barrett jackson !!

Last edited by chytaan; 07-28-2006 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:09 AM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 657 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by chytaan
The person who bought the car, is a professional corvette appraiser.

He looked the car up and down for 3 hours, and looked at every area where there are numbers on the car. He told me that the car is 100% matching numbers everywhere. !!!!!!!

He owns his own corvette shop. He says people hire him and pay him top money to appraise expensive high end classic cars for them and tell them if they are matching numbers, or if anything not correct with the car.

He said he will do some finishing touches on the car and will take it down to Barrett-Jackson !!!!!

I just wish i knew more about these cars, he probably got a good deal, if a corvette dealer said the car passed with flying colors and he will take it and sell it at barrett jackson !!

I wonder if he noticed its missing the reverse lights under the rear bumperettes. He will need to fix that before he goes to BJ.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:12 PM
435/427BB
Racer

Originally Posted by ed427vette
I wonder if he noticed its missing the reverse lights under the rear bumperettes. He will need to fix that before he goes to BJ.
I think buyer is full of it but if he paid, so what! Exhaust pannel is the first thing I noticed! 100%??? Bet it's had rear damage at some time!
Old 08-03-2006, 01:30 AM
chytaan
8th Gear

wow...why such the jealous negative comments.....

I really dont give a ((&(&...the car is sold...and i dont know much about these cars....

The dealer who bought the car has been buying and restoring corvettes for over 20years..thats all he does..just mostly classic corvettes..he was able to tell when the car was born..when it was assembled...and when the engine was put in...how many days there should be between the production of engine and installation on the body etc...etc... and to be honest not that i care.... He even has a special covered trailer that is made specifically to carry corvettes....
He will be bring a yellow 69 coupe that he just finished to B-jackson....
But you two...seem to know more than a corvette dealer who has specialize and been restoring classic corvettes and for over 20 years......Hmmmm.... All this....and he must have been an idiot...according to your professional analysis lol....

..i really dont know much about these cars....and the dealer was nice enough to tell me that it was matching numbers everywhere....and give me a tip on how you can also verify that based on the date of production of body, motor ...etc.....He could have lied to me...and i wouldnt know...its more in his interest to tell me something negative or fabricate facts...and i wouldnt know....... but he was honest...

Anyhow.. the classic corvette dealer seemed to like what he saw.... and car is sold.....end of story...

Get notified of new replies

To 1968 Red Corvette Convertible for Sale !!

Quick Reply: 1968 Red Corvette Convertible for Sale !!