Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S, '78 Silver Anniv., Excellent Cond., Lowered Price Again!! Must SELL!, $13K

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 08:06 AM
seventyeightcorvette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S, '78 Silver Anniv., Excellent Cond., Lowered Price Again!! Must SELL!, $13K

Well, one more time lowering the price. I must sell. This is it, $13K. Click on the link below for more info.

http://usedcorvettesforsale.com/out.php?id=14414&cid=3

Thanks,

Eric
Old 07-16-2006, 10:15 PM
paperclerk101
Racer

Default call me crazy

but seems like a whole lot of work for a 25K mile car.

What happened that the interior took such a bath errr I mean needed such a bath..anyway whats up...

no offense looks like a nice car, but I think it is important.

d
Old 07-16-2006, 11:25 PM
seventyeightcorvette
Racer

Originally Posted by paperclerk101
but seems like a whole lot of work for a 25K mile car.

What happened that the interior took such a bath errr I mean needed such a bath..anyway whats up...

no offense looks like a nice car, but I think it is important.

d
No offense taken. But you have to realize, I have never told anyone, and will never tell anyone that those are documented miles. I am just reading the odometer. They may or may not be actual miles. Before you make comments about a vehicle you should really check out the vehicle for yourself. I redid the interior just because it was something that I wanted to do. It was a little worn, but not to bad. I just wanted a "new" interior, stereo, etc. This particular car looks like it is one of those cars that was a sunday driver and/or stored away for many years, thus if this is the case the odometer may indeed be correct. Extremely clean underneath with no rust. The engine compartment is the same way. When I ripped out the old carpet I was stunned at how good of shape the floorpans, etc. were in. It was incredible. But to sit here and try to describe the condition of a car in words is very hard to do. I am just stating the condition of the car as I have seen it, and letting people make up their own mind about it when they see it. So once again, no offense taken, but before one spouts off about a vehicle that they have never seen in person, and don't know anything about, they should choose their words wisely, and refrain from any comments that may indeed be false.

Last edited by seventyeightcorvette; 07-17-2006 at 01:12 AM.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:07 AM
seventyeightcorvette
Racer

bump
Old 07-24-2006, 10:57 AM
KALAWAY
Drifting

When you say "I would never tell anyone", doesn't that sound like you're trying to hide something? Lot of difference in price for a 25K mile car vs a 125K car.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:29 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by KALAWAY
When you say "I would never tell anyone", doesn't that sound like you're trying to hide something? Lot of difference in price for a 25K mile car vs a 125K car.
Read the whole sentence. He's saying he would never tell anyone something that may not be true. He's actually being honest.

As I understand, the car shows 25,000 miles and the seller believes that to be the mileage. However, he hasn't owned the car since new so he can't guarantee that the odometer wasn't broken for a while or that it hasn't gone around once (125K). A poor interior on car with only 25,000 miles is not out of the question. Remember, the car is almost 30 years old.

In my opinion, this is a nice looking car with a lot of work done/money spent that's ready for someone to enjoy for a very reasonable price.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:02 PM
seventyeightcorvette
Racer

Originally Posted by KALAWAY
Dude, your right, there is a lot of difference in price for those two milage cars. Give me a break. If I could document those miles, do you think that I would be letting it go for that. It would be near 20K if not more, check the market.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:05 PM
seventyeightcorvette
Racer

Originally Posted by BlackbirdZ07
Read the whole sentence. He's saying he would never tell anyone something that may not be true. He's actually being honest.

As I understand, the car shows 25,000 miles and the seller believes that to be the mileage. However, he hasn't owned the car since new so he can't guarantee that the odometer wasn't broken for a while or that it hasn't gone around once (125K). A poor interior on car with only 25,000 miles is not out of the question. Remember, the car is almost 30 years old.

In my opinion, this is a nice looking car with a lot of work done/money spent that's ready for someone to enjoy for a very reasonable price.
Thank you very much for your kind comments. Some of these people just dont get it. Want something for nothing and try and bash the hell out of someones car, or asking price, for no reason. If they would step up to the plate, come check out the car, then they would understand. But they don't, they just sit there at their keyboards and type a bunch of BS! I just dont understand. Oh well, to each his own.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:08 PM
seventyeightcorvette
Racer

Originally Posted by BlackbirdZ07

Oh, and by the way, you are correct. Someone is going to get a very nice car for a very reasonable price and they are going to enjoy it.......because it is now SOLD.

Thanks again BlackbirdZ07 for your kind comments.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:13 PM
71 Green 454
Le Mans Master

Received 1,186 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by seventyeightcorvette
Oh, and by the way, you are correct. Someone is going to get a very nice car for a very reasonable price and they are going to enjoy it.......because it is now SOLD.

Congrats!!! Someone got nice '78.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:18 PM
seventyeightcorvette
Racer

Originally Posted by slk230red
Congrats!!! Someone got nice '78.
Thanks to you as well!
Old 07-24-2006, 03:20 PM
classiczx
Drifting

Old 07-24-2006, 03:20 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by seventyeightcorvette

You're welcome. I'm sure the new owner will be happy. Congratulations on the sale!
Old 07-24-2006, 03:23 PM
seventyeightcorvette
Racer

Originally Posted by classiczx
Old 07-24-2006, 08:21 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Congrats to the buyer and seller. Someone got a clean Corvette!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:02 PM
seventyeightcorvette
Racer

Originally Posted by The_Dude
Congrats to the buyer and seller. Someone got a clean Corvette!
Thanks to you as well!

Get notified of new replies

To F/S, '78 Silver Anniv., Excellent Cond., Lowered Price Again!! Must SELL!, $13K

Quick Reply: F/S, '78 Silver Anniv., Excellent Cond., Lowered Price Again!! Must SELL!, $13K