Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone think this is for real?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 06:02 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

Default Anyone think this is for real?

http://www.vettehound.com/geo/classi...php?a=2&b=4495

It's nice to dream, but I won't be wiring my money...
Old 11-13-2006, 06:27 PM
PizzenEwayMoney
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vietnam.......dead son........dead husband......been in garage yet not a speck of dirt..................knows it is aluminum heads and is way fast but acts dumb.............tons of spelling errors.............

Did you try and contact "her" and see what continent they want you to send the money to? Car is in Hawaii, once "she" gets back to you tell her you have someone there that can look at the car immediately.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:15 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by PizzenEwayMoney
tell her you have someone there that can look at the car immediately.
Good idea, but I don't think it's even worth the time. You expect these guys on sites like ebay and Craigslist, but it's sad that they're starting to post on the enthusiasts' sites.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Vette Set
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PizzenEwayMoney
Vietnam.......dead son........dead husband......been in garage yet not a speck of dirt..................knows it is aluminum heads and is way fast but acts dumb.............tons of spelling errors.............

Did you try and contact "her" and see what continent they want you to send the money to? Car is in Hawaii, once "she" gets back to you tell her you have someone there that can look at the car immediately.
I agree with PizzenEwayMoney. Too many red flags, and it just happens to be posted near Verteran's Day. Could be legit, but sounds suspicious. Interestingly, I chased down a bogus 68 vert a few months ago on Vettehound.com. Sure, it was (mostly) a '68 vert, but that is as close to the advertisement as it got. Be careful.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:45 PM
rss454
Advanced

Default No one named Stanton

and listing an address in Hawaii was killed in Vietnam. 5 Stanton's KIA in Nam.
I agree too that not many little ol ladies should know what aluminum heads are. This sounds like a none too nice little ol lady
Old 11-14-2006, 09:26 AM
jim2527
Race Director

Received 633 Likes on 426 Posts

To bad I didnt keep in touch with my classmate I hooked up with at our 20th reunion. She lives in Hawaii. I could have had her look into it...

P.S. A CF member lives there. I think his screen name is 'aloha'. Maybe he can look into it.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:11 PM
04 RAG TP
Intermediate

About 6 - 7 months ago there was another posting of a 57 vette that belong to his son, son died in NAM, he is too old now for it, only a couple hundred miles on it, show car quality condition. The picture was cropped a little but you could see it was in a garage around other muscle cars and he wanted only 12,000 for it and it was in fact show car quality. After a couple of e-mails he wanted a 5,000 deposit wired to him to hold it. He was using a Yahoo account to e-mail from and a cell phone was number given but said it never works where he lives, so i told him it sounded to much like a scam to me and didn't persue it. I think he is back now....These people spend to much time trying to cheat people out of money instead of just earning it the honest way.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:24 PM
3rd_Vette
Drifting

A few years ago, I was going to sell my 80 and buy a nwe Vert. I had it listed for sale on the WWW. I got an email from a guy over seas. He stated that I was to release my car to his "agent" here in the states and he was sending me a cashiers check for more than the amount of the car. I was to refund him the diff in CASH to the "agent" that Friday when they would show up with a tow truck. I replied "are you kidding"?
Well, the check came, I called the bank, they said I was to get in line as they had already been burnt bad by this scam and they gave me the number of their local Police to give them the info. I called and they really couldnt have cared less. To this day, i still have the worthless check. I was plenty pissed off and emailed the guy back and called his bluff. I said to go ahead and come and get the car and the title. I also notified my local police who agreed to show up if they did. Well, no one showed as they figured I was setting them up. Seller beware! There are scum bags out there that will take you for big $$$ and not think twice about it. Just be careful and never release your car without green cash $$$ in your hand. Trust NO ONE!

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone think this is for real?

Quick Reply: Anyone think this is for real?