Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cnv corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:32 AM
AZ 7TVETTE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About CnV... If you are looking for an NCRS candidate, look elsewhere. They are expensive, too.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:53 AM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

My 2 cents...

After purchasing many cars...

1) They always look different in pictures!

2) Does't matter who you are buying from whether CNV or anyone else ALWAYS be skeptical!

3) Know what to look for...on vettes besides the obvious and making sure everything works right, look for rust! look inside the inspection holes in the frame, roll-back the weatherstrip around the front window frame, and remove the kick panels.

Otherwise, best of luck!
Old 07-04-2007, 05:33 PM
r0t0rdr1ver
Instructor

Thanks guys...I'm learning more and more everyday here on the forum....I'm definitely not going to rush into anything....going to take my time and find a good solid car....summer is here though, and man it would be nice to be out there cruisin' right now!
Old 07-05-2007, 02:10 AM
pchmotoho
Racer

I sold a car to them at the Pomona Swap meet about 4 years ago. It was a looker but needed work. They did not even drive the car prior to buying it. Granted it was a good deal for both parties but I wouldnt deal with them at all. Keep looking and good luck.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:02 AM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

More specifically about CNV, I have watched their website for years and they ask a lot for their cars, but so does Proteam and the rest.

Any classic corvette that is clean and numbers matching is going to command a high price these days, but you're going to pay a premium at a dealership. I wouldn't be concerned one bit about the seller but extremely concerned about the car.

Keep in mind that these cars value are in the eyes of the beholder. As an advocate classic Corvettes and one who admires a clean well preserved collectible I don't like to admit, but these cars weren't that well built in the first place. There are many areas that even with a typical frame-off restoration don't get "renewed". My point is that they are very much overvalued just because they aren't being built anymore and auction houses like Barrett-Jackson and Kruse keep jacking their prices up!
Old 07-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

I couldn't agree more with BlackRocket!!!!!

I'm on my second vette from CnV, It's just like any other used car lot. Buyer Beware!

The aren't in business to loose money, so do your homework.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:59 PM
paulywannafly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 374 Likes on 64 Posts

I offered a real 51k mile matching # 71 vert to them with a extensive body on resto asked them for 29k the dufus buyer was rude and said NO a AC?
what am I going to do with that! HMMMMMMMM funny he had the same car at 39k

Quick Reply: cnv corvettes