Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 Chevrolet Corvette #'s Correct

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 06:42 PM
slowstang98
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1969 Chevrolet Corvette #'s Correct

Here it is.

My Wife and I are selling her '69 Stingray 350, 350hp, 4 speed.

2 owner 1969 Stingray with tons of documentation and extra parts. 2 hoods ( The big block hood that is on the car and the original hood.) 2 tops ( Black vinyl hard top and the soft top that is on the car.) all air conditioning components in working condition, But not installed on the vehicle. And the original owners manual.

116,000 miles with frame off restoration at 60,000 mile and motor professionally rebuilt at 110,000. Brand new Rockchester Q-jet Carburetor and stainless steel brake system with fresh tune-up. Body is straight and frame is solid throughout. No accidents.

Cortez Silver paint with new fiberglass at 60,000 miles (1988) and new paint at 110,000 miles. A/c, power windows, original am/fm radio. Original "astro Ventilation" door glass in great condition, headlights function perfectly, black leather interior in great condition, dash board and gauge console in excellent shape with no cracks or blemishes and the original seatbelts.

As this car is #'s correct, I am in no mood for tire kickers or anyone looking to come just for a test drive. I will take you for a ride in it, If you want to test drive, You will have to have CASH IN HAND! Serious inquiries only, please. IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION ON BUYING OR LOOKING TO BUY, YOU NEED NOT REPLY.

ASKING $32,000 O.B.O willing to negotiate

For pics and info:
EMAIL US AT golem_72@yahoo.com or beramcd@hotmail.com

Or you can call

Wayne 832-248-8635 or
Savara 713-817-3026

Last edited by slowstang98; 01-26-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:39 PM
slowstang98
Heel & Toe

Would any one be willing to post some pics for me?
Old 02-05-2008, 07:40 PM
slowstang98
Heel & Toe

Would any one be willing to post some pics for me?
Old 02-05-2008, 08:05 PM
mchar
Race Director

Received 87 Likes on 62 Posts

I'll post some for you. mchar@verizon.net
Mark
Old 02-06-2008, 09:02 PM
mchar
Race Director

Received 87 Likes on 62 Posts

Her ya go:

Old 02-06-2008, 09:26 PM
slowstang98
Heel & Toe

Thanks alot mchar. I really appreciate you doing that for me.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:59 PM
slowstang98
Heel & Toe

Up for sale again. Too many folks trying to scam us out of the car!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Jclgodale3
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by slowstang98
Up for sale again. Too many folks trying to scam us out of the car!
wth?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:58 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,357 Likes on 2,785 Posts

Originally Posted by Jclgodale3
wth?
Me too, jc. How do people scam you out of a car? Bad checks?

Also, does "correct" mean matching numbers? (I dont think it does, but everyone makes up their own rules, it seems. )

Nice car.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:45 PM
slowstang98
Heel & Toe

scam.

Trying to send you a cashiers check, personal check, or money order, and you put it on a truck and ship it to them. Had one come and look at it, give me a check and "wrote it over" for shipping. Something didn't smell right with him so I told him that I would not put it on the shipping truck until his check cleared. He gave me a bunch of lip about it so I tore it up and told him to leave my property or he would be arrested for trespassing.

A ton of folks coming out to look at it. But, getting angry when i would not let them drive it without cash up front, And when they asked why not, they couldn't grasp the idea that I am not going to be left responsible with fixing something that they broke on my car.

Typical BS with selling a desirable car.

So now I am left with cash in hand or not at all!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:49 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

scam.
A ton of folks coming out to look at it. But, getting angry when i would not let them drive it without cash up front, And when they asked why not, they couldn't grasp the idea that I am not going to be left responsible with fixing something that they broke on my car.

I hope that works out for you...
Old 01-25-2009, 07:52 PM
slowstang98
Heel & Toe

#'s Correct.

Meaning that the casting numbers on the heads, block, intake and driveline match what came with the car from factory as well as the paint code.

I say #'s correct for the shear fact that they are not the original block, heads, intake, driveline, and paint that the car rolled off the assembly line with.

In my mind for a car to be #'s matching, It would have to be 100% original. But, that's my own definition.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:21 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

#'s Correct.

Meaning that the casting numbers on the heads, block, intake and driveline match what came with the car from factory as well as the paint code.

I say #'s correct for the shear fact that they are not the original block, heads, intake, driveline, and paint that the car rolled off the assembly line with.

In my mind for a car to be #'s matching, It would have to be 100% original. But, that's my own definition.
I'm not understanding your statement above. If "the casting numbers on the heads, block, intake and driveline match what came with the car from factory as well as the paint code " how can it also be " they are not the original block, heads, intake, driveline, and paint that the car rolled off the assembly line with. "

Are you saying all these parts came from a different car ? Doesn't make any sense

Also would you purchase a car without going for a test drive ? What do you want a $5000 cash deposit for a test drive ? Just go with him
Old 01-25-2009, 10:15 PM
TMU
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '15, '17

Maybe he means the casting numbers are correct for a 1969 Corvette?

I am a little curious as to what-- "new fiberglass at 60k" means as well.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:42 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Oh I see correct date, factory etc casting numbers but not the original parts that came with the car, anyway that makes it a non numbers matching Vette.

It's a nice looking Vette though
Old 01-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Aruba1
Racer

LOL, a guy I know sold an almost brand new $50k SUV on ebay. The buyers (2 guys) flew out of CA to test drive the car before finalizing the deal. The seller feeling confident about the whole situation did not go with them. Buyers never came back, lol, so they guy reported the suv stolen. Probably the buyers are not even from CA with a hacked ebay account etc. Who knows but you are right about not letting anyone test drive your car without a downpayment. Too many dishonest people out there. This happen last month in AL.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:21 AM
MotorHead
Race Director

Originally Posted by Aruba1
LOL, a guy I know sold an almost brand new $50k SUV on ebay. The buyers (2 guys) flew out of CA to test drive the car before finalizing the deal. The seller feeling confident about the whole situation did not go with them. Buyers never came back, lol, so they guy reported the suv stolen. Probably the buyers are not even from CA with a hacked ebay account etc. Who knows but you are right about not letting anyone test drive your car without a downpayment. Too many dishonest people out there. This happen last month in AL.
Jeesh allot easier ways to steal a car. Like I said you go with the potential buyer for the test drive, that's how it's done

Get notified of new replies

To 1969 Chevrolet Corvette #'s Correct

Old 01-26-2009, 01:21 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

#'s Correct.

OK, so if I understand you, you mean the casting, etc numbers are correct for that vintage car, the numbers just dont match. I agree with you, I would call that an NOM car with driveline components that are "appropriate " for the car. I would describe the car the way you did, I just know others would not.

I'll disagree on the 100% "original" thing. Matching numbers mean one thing: the numbers match, not that its original. The engine pad VIN matches the body VIN. The transmission VIN matches the body VIN. You would hope this suggests its original, but it might be a restamp. Numbers matching simply means that the numbers, in fact, match.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:25 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

scam.

Trying to send you a cashiers check, personal check, or money order, and you put it on a truck and ship it to them. Had one come and look at it, give me a check and "wrote it over" for shipping. Something didn't smell right with him so I told him that I would not put it on the shipping truck until his check cleared. He gave me a bunch of lip about it so I tore it up and told him to leave my property or he would be arrested for trespassing.

Originally Posted by redvetracr
I hope that works out for you...
You have every right to do what makes you comfortable, but you just might have a hard time selling a car that way.

I've bought a lot of Corvettes, sold a lot of Corvettes and been involved with the sales & purchase of a lot of Corvettes, and there have been zero, no times that cash was produced "up front" for the privelige of test-driving a car.

I would honestly say if I checked out a car and I went to take a test drive and the owner asked for some sort of money I'd get in my car and leave. I'm not alone.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:57 AM
slowstang98
Heel & Toe

it is what it is.

due to the dishonesty of folks, that's what I am left with. I am not going to get screwed on the car.

Honestly if you are truely serious about buying the car. And understand you have money ready to purchase. Plain out and simple, what kind of person comes to just drive the car? I am not a car lot. I only put that on there to discourage folks from coming and wasting my time. If you are absolutely serious about buying the car. First I will take you for a ride. Then if you are still interested in buying then we will talk about a test drive for you. I am not saying I am expecting you to buy the car just by coming to look at it. I just have to be careful and CMA. Ive sold cars in the past and had people just attemt to abuse the car with me in it. Bottom line is, people are going to do what they want regardless. Just because you wouldn't in a million years ever think about doing it to other folks. Most others don't care about other people's property and are going to do what they want. If you feel that my rules for my car are unresonable then maybe you just need not come by and look. I am a very resonable guy and am in now way an A$$hole, I'm just being cautious. what it comes down to is, if anything happens to the car, I am the one who loses.

Quick Reply: 1969 Chevrolet Corvette #'s Correct