Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/s 1979 L82 Low Miles One Owner Must Sell!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Steve20
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I look at this one everyday..........
Old 05-01-2008, 08:13 PM
hardworkinman
hardworkinman
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Steve20
I look at this one everyday..........
I'm getting ready to fix every little minor detail on this car and drive it this summer. If it sells, fine, if not, I'll be letting my hair blow in the wind. I may just have my money worked out that I don't have to sell it. Hoping this economy will turn soon. Thanks for the bump...
Old 05-05-2008, 04:36 PM
hardworkinman
hardworkinman
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt
Old 05-18-2008, 11:02 AM
RonTonTo
8th Gear

Bump for a nice looking car.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:53 PM
hardworkinman
hardworkinman
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RonTonTo
Bump for a nice looking car.
Thanks, she might be sold. Got a man driving down this weekend to see her.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Steven_Belgium
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Hopefully....

you're lucky !
and I keep on dreaming of a car as nice as this ......
Old 05-24-2008, 07:54 PM
hardworkinman
hardworkinman
Support Corvetteforum!

I had a guy drive all the way down from Cincinatti, OH today to look at my car. He drove it, and decided that because the clock didn't work, and the tach had just quit working, which I think is just a blown fuse, that he was going to pass over it. WOW! Your not going to find a nicer 79 L82 Red on Red, I don't think, than this one, and just because the CLOCK don't work, your gonna pass? Maybe he'll opt for a northern car that is rusted out, and I'll get to just keep mine....
Old 05-26-2008, 04:04 PM
steveL82
Racer

hang in there , had mine in auto trader last summer had 1 call. new neibour moved in this year herd car outside the engines been tweeked with headers wanted to know if it was for sale give me 17500.00 and she gone now we need a c5
Old 05-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Red 69
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by hardworkinman
I had a guy drive all the way down from Cincinatti, OH today to look at my car. He drove it, and decided that because the clock didn't work, and the tach had just quit working, which I think is just a blown fuse, that he was going to pass over it. WOW! Your not going to find a nicer 79 L82 Red on Red, I don't think, than this one, and just because the CLOCK don't work, your gonna pass? Maybe he'll opt for a northern car that is rusted out, and I'll get to just keep mine....
I have a red on red 79 L-82 with an auto trans and wouldn't sell it for anywhere near the low price of $16500, and my clock doesn't work. You have what appears to be a beautiful 79 and as others have said, be patient. It will sell when the right buyer comes along. Attend a few cruises in your area with a 4-sale sign and see if that doesn't generate some interest. You might also get an invite to some local Corvette club activities and have your car seen. Good luck with the sale!
Old 05-28-2008, 05:09 PM
hardworkinman
hardworkinman
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Red 69
I have a red on red 79 L-82 with an auto trans and wouldn't sell it for anywhere near the low price of $16500, and my clock doesn't work. You have what appears to be a beautiful 79 and as others have said, be patient. It will sell when the right buyer comes along. Attend a few cruises in your area with a 4-sale sign and see if that doesn't generate some interest. You might also get an invite to some local Corvette club activities and have your car seen. Good luck with the sale!
After much consideration, I tend to be leaning your way. That is why I am raising my price on this car. I really don't care if it sells or not now, but, if it does, it's gonna cost the buyer. Thanks for everybody's input. Hope to see you at some shows...
Old 06-02-2008, 03:08 PM
tptboy
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I sold my all original L82 with nice paint and everything in original working order for 14K. I think if you want to sell this car you should take care of the overspray in your wheel wells and put some more period style tires on the car with the correct aluminum wheels.

Nice car though...I think your price is pretty steep.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:30 PM
hardworkinman
hardworkinman
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tptboy
I sold my all original L82 with nice paint and everything in original working order for 14K. I think if you want to sell this car you should take care of the overspray in your wheel wells and put some more period style tires on the car with the correct aluminum wheels.

Nice car though...I think your price is pretty steep.
I appreciate your input, but, I am to the point where I don't really care if I sell the car or not. It is what it is. I am actually thinking of raising the price again. One day, it will bring it. In the mean time, I am going to drive this little baby, fix everything that's wrong with it, and if somebody comes along that has got to have it more than me, then so be it. The color of your car makes a difference as well. They only built 6704 Red L82 in 79. One day you'll look back and say you probably sold your car too cheap. I've got some cleaning to do on the car, but, like I said, it is what it is. An original one owner 1979 Red L82.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:30 PM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by hardworkinman
I appreciate your input, but, I am to the point where I don't really care if I sell the car or not. It is what it is. I am actually thinking of raising the price again. One day, it will bring it. In the mean time, I am going to drive this little baby, fix everything that's wrong with it, and if somebody comes along that has got to have it more than me, then so be it. The color of your car makes a difference as well. They only built 6704 Red L82 in 79. One day you'll look back and say you probably sold your car too cheap. I've got some cleaning to do on the car, but, like I said, it is what it is. An original one owner 1979 Red L82.
Surprised to see such a nice car at a fair price unsold. I emailed your code breakdown back when you first listed the car. You are priced about right for the quality and condition. The new paint looks great. The car has come a long way from the initial list. Loved the original wheels you had on it, but the rally's are indeed correct. The louvers HAD to go, and the pinstripes are better off gone as well. White lettered Good Year GT II's would have been more period correct, but the redlines look good, and are easily changed if NCRs is the goal
Passing up that car when they knew the price, over the tach and clock is just silly. Both would cost little to fix.
Ignore the "experts" who tell you some of the ridiculous prices they think are correct.
My 79 L-82 4 speed Red over Black with 15 k miles sold in May for $23,000.00. It was NCRS ready, but yours is not far away from that. Yours would likely earn a second flight without much work other than cleaning, and might even top flight as is, at an NCRS local meet.
Good Luck!!!
I would spend a little time getting it "perfectly clean" inside and out, as well as under the hood. Any overspray in the wheel wells can be corrected as the originals were, with undercoating, just do not go wild with it. If the car has not yet been listed in Hemmings, get it in there, the sooner the better. Some of the "buyers" on the Forum are dreaming if they think they can get a quality car for the prices they speak of. Or maybe what is quality in their minds, is a number 3 car, and that is good enough for them. Look again at the Price guide someone helpfully added in an earlier post. You are not far from the mark.

Marty
Old 06-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Steven_Belgium
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default If I only...

had the money .......
look at your car almost every day
Old 06-06-2008, 07:55 AM
drpokey7
Instructor

Raising the price of a mildly collectable car in the face of a spiraling economy = keeping said car for quite a while to come....
Old 06-06-2008, 11:08 PM
hardworkinman
hardworkinman
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by drpokey7
Raising the price of a mildly collectable car in the face of a spiraling economy = keeping said car for quite a while to come....
it's not eating any grass...
Old 06-06-2008, 11:09 PM
hardworkinman
hardworkinman
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1
Surprised to see such a nice car at a fair price unsold. I emailed your code breakdown back when you first listed the car. You are priced about right for the quality and condition. The new paint looks great. The car has come a long way from the initial list. Loved the original wheels you had on it, but the rally's are indeed correct. The louvers HAD to go, and the pinstripes are better off gone as well. White lettered Good Year GT II's would have been more period correct, but the redlines look good, and are easily changed if NCRs is the goal
Passing up that car when they knew the price, over the tach and clock is just silly. Both would cost little to fix.
Ignore the "experts" who tell you some of the ridiculous prices they think are correct.
My 79 L-82 4 speed Red over Black with 15 k miles sold in May for $23,000.00. It was NCRS ready, but yours is not far away from that. Yours would likely earn a second flight without much work other than cleaning, and might even top flight as is, at an NCRS local meet.
Good Luck!!!
I would spend a little time getting it "perfectly clean" inside and out, as well as under the hood. Any overspray in the wheel wells can be corrected as the originals were, with undercoating, just do not go wild with it. If the car has not yet been listed in Hemmings, get it in there, the sooner the better. Some of the "buyers" on the Forum are dreaming if they think they can get a quality car for the prices they speak of. Or maybe what is quality in their minds, is a number 3 car, and that is good enough for them. Look again at the Price guide someone helpfully added in an earlier post. You are not far from the mark.

Marty

Thanks Marty for your intelligence. and thanks for your help...

Quick Reply: F/s 1979 L82 Low Miles One Owner Must Sell!!!