Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wanted ---- c3 corvette project - $10000

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 10:57 AM
67pete
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Might have a documented '69 BB convertible 4sp project for you at 15K
Old 07-30-2009, 07:51 AM
steersdad
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Big Block coupe, mostly rebuilt

This is a 68 t-top/pop out rear window. Originally 427/400/M22. Now has 71 Vette 454/365. Very little to do, running, driving, all new suspension/brakes/steering. If you want to return it to all original, this is do-able, but not sure why anyone would want to. See the youtube video and turn up the volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgVnH3Ki6Q

I bought the car a year ago from a fellow nearby me. He owned the car for 4 years and drove it regularly for the last 2 years he owned it. The body was already redone when he bought it. He had the engine rebuilt ny a local machine shop.

I can't speculate why the body update was done, it was done reasonably well. The 68 reverse lights remain, but the 70+ square exhaust cutouts were put in. The 68 interior/dash was replaced. No more key in the dash, it has the key in the column. Also, the 68 doors were replaced with later doors with power windows.

Engine was rebuilt by the former owner of my car 2 years ago and has < 1000 miles on the rebuild. Engine is + 030. It does have a .540 lift cam, so this is not original. The intake on the engine is from a 66/66 427, cast iron high rise with rebuilt QJet. No exhaust manifolds. Distributor is HEI w/tach drive.

Block: casting # 3963512 Date Code B 4 71
Engine ID = TO2I7 CPH
Vin C115110827.

Heads are identical, casting 3993820, date B1671.

It is a genuine 71 454/365 Vette motor. Trans is the original M22 from my car. I never verified the rear was the original one, but it is a 3.55 big block rear, so I presume it is the original one.

As you may have read, all the suspension, bushings, springs, brakes, shocks, etc., were all replaced by me the past year. Suspension is the Duntov performance suspension. Currently has the early Hooker sidemounts with new inserts. Maybe 5 miles on them.

The car is solid, complete, runs very well. Still a few minor things to do, such as correcting the vacuum lines to the headlights. I have been over it stem to stern, and I found no rust through, anywhere. Still some nuts and bolts to be re-tigtened, re-aligned (pretty accurately done by me with a manual gauge set).

The original color seems to have been Marlboro Maroon, I think, based upon original paint found in hidden spots. Now it is rally red.

Wheels are 15 x 8 rallys with original hubs. 2 Trim rings are good, 2 just OK. Brand new set of Dunlop 245/50/ZR 15's all around. Maybe 5 miles on them. Ditto for brakes.

T Tops still have their storage bags. I have the spare tire tub and lid, but they are not on the car.

Let me know what else you'd like to know.

I have the car up for sale for $12,000. I need to sell it to help my son buy a home. So, I ma flexible. If you don't want the wheels & tires, I'll replace them with a set of Cragar/keystones and old tires to roll it around. If you don't want the side exhaust, I'll take them off and put on a set of under chassis headers, but I don't have mufflers or complete exhaust, so you'll have to put on mid-pipes & mufflers. I'll also sell it withou the motor as I have someone who would buy the engine for his 71.

I am quite flexible on the price and configuration to sell it.

The car looks, sounds, and runs very well. You will not be dissapointed.

Thanks,
Doug
Located in Litchfield, CT (zip 06750)
Old 08-01-2009, 10:21 AM
1976 corvette
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks everyone but i just bought a corvette project

Quick Reply: wanted ---- c3 corvette project - $10000