Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost my 73 to fire under the hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:39 PM
notsoluckydog
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost my 73 to fire under the hood

I have a couple people interested in buying the car as is for project work. I can not afford to repair it. The rear end is still very good but the interior is completely gone. 350 and ran like a dream. Electrical is likely the cause. Fire Dept used foam on the fire. New rear brakes, mag wheels, and 3 good tires. We live in southern Maine. Any ideas what I should ask for a selling price. I've been offered $1500 but pretty sure that is low ball. Frame was in pretty good condition. T top is also burned out.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:17 AM
jimo
Drifting

sorry to hear about the fire, do you have any pics of the damage?

Old 08-14-2009, 08:57 AM
IcemanZ06
Le Mans Master

Provided the fire didn't get too hot the frame should be fine so there is an easy $750 in value.

I'd say the car is worth between $2500-$3500 but we'd really need some pics to get a good gauge of remaining value.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:00 AM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by notsoluckydog
I have a couple people interested in buying the car as is for project work. I can not afford to repair it. The rear end is still very good but the interior is completely gone. 350 and ran like a dream. Electrical is likely the cause. Fire Dept used foam on the fire. New rear brakes, mag wheels, and 3 good tires. We live in southern Maine. Any ideas what I should ask for a selling price. I've been offered $1500 but pretty sure that is low ball. Frame was in pretty good condition. T top is also burned out.
Bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!! If, I were you.... an had an offer for $1,500...I would take it & the insurance monies.... and call it a day. With no photo evidence of the true condition of the car as it sits today, its hard to say thou....you could try and part it out and make a buck or two more...but your labor is worth something, so, I would just cut my losses and move on. Sorry for your loss.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Highwayman
Racer

If this had the L82 engine I would be interested.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:49 PM
notsoluckydog
2nd Gear

Default a couple of pics coming your way

Sorry Highwayman... it's not a L82. I have more pics of the damage to the front end on my other computer at work... need to look 'em up. But got three uploaded tonight to give you a clue. I like hearing that my original price was in the ball park. I hate to say it but every time I look at that baby, I swell up with a big fat tear. I never dreamed I could be so in love with a car. I will get another one someday...soon if Sugar Daddy comes thru.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Gl!tch
Racer

Hey..if you don't mind me asking..what was your settlement?

We bought an 81 last Friday and before we got it home the engine caught fire and it burned on the Interestate. We owned it about an hour. You can email me at floydbolton@mail.cdelightband.net and I can send pictures of this one. The previous owner offered $1500 for the carcass..rear end, tires, wheels, rear quarter panels, frame, but think USAA will sell it to someone else for more..

Get notified of new replies

To Lost my 73 to fire under the hood

Quick Reply: Lost my 73 to fire under the hood