Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1979 Corvette in Beacon, NY

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 06:36 AM
Victor
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: 1979 Corvette in Beacon, NY

Asking $10,000 (firm)

The car is drivable and running and is located in Beacon, NY (about 1 hour north of the city, 15 minutes south of Poughkeepsie, and just across the bridge from Newburgh).

The car:

1979 Corvette
Black exterior in fair condition
Tan/doe skin interior in fair condition
Mileage: approximately 148,000 miles
AC and cruise control have been removed.

Engine:

Runs great when warm.

Originally a L-48 car. The engine was replaced by a previous owner with a rebuilt 350 with a 4-bolt main. I then had this 4-bolt block professionally rebuilt by Baumant Chevrolet (Nuremberg, Germany, http://www.bat-chevrolet.de). The engine is now a 383, with a Holley 750 CFM carburetor, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold, and Trickflow camshaft/cylinder head kit TFS-K314-465-450. The compression ratio is about 10.5:1.

The car is fitted with Hooker-Header Chrome exhaust headers and sidepipes. The quietest mufflers offered by Hooker were installed.

Ignition is provided by a MSD Digital E-curve distributor.

Transmission:

TH350 rebuilt with B&M shiftkit and fitted with 2,000 RPM torque converter. An aftermarket transmission cooler has been fitted to the car.

Chassis:

Body-off restoration of frame. Rust wire-brushed off frame and frame coated with POR-15. The POR-15 was topcoated with two coats of Krylon semi-gloss black spray paint. Engine compartment and wheelwells cleaned and painted with Krylon semi-gloss black. I know it sounds like I went the cheap route with the Krylon, but the end product came out looking amazing. The color will always be easy to touch up in the future!

Exterior:

No exterior body work has been done by me. The car was originally a red color and was painted black by a previous owner. The paint has several noticeable chips and scrapes in the front area. Honestly, the paint could look better but it doesn’t look bad. The car still looks great from 10 feet away. All body panels and emblems are intact. The nose has come paint chips missing as well as the front spoiler.

Interior:

Seat covers, door panels, and armrest replaced by me within the last couple of years. They do show a little amount of ware, but no major rips or scuffs are visible. The dash and console are in fair condition, but show their age. The ceiling pieces (to include the interior pieces of the T-tops) are definitely in need of replacement and/or repair. The driver’s side kick panel is missing and all interior carpet should be replaced.

Receipts covering engine work and engine parts are available.

known problems with the car:

Some of the gauges aren't working either at 100% or can't be trusted. The tachometer doesn't work and the temp gauge appears to be off. The speedometer, as far as I can tell, is fully functional and the gas gauge is fairly accurate.

I don't know if the dash lights work.

The door locks don't work.

There is a transmission leak. I'm still trying to narrow down its point of origin.

Power steering pulley doesn't line up with engine

Just for the hell of it, here are two "before" pictures.

For more information or to arrange to see the car please send me a PM or call me after 6:00 pm at 845-231-2474.

Maybe I don't have a clue, but I believe that the car is worth more than the $10,000 I'm asking for. However, I just don't have the time or patience to try to sell the car for more. My wife and I just had our second kid and there is no way I can find time for my hobbies in the foreseable future. I really just want to unload the car as soon as I can before it gets neglected. It is a nice car and I've spent a lot of time on it over the last 10 years, but it is time for me to devote my time to my family (not to mention that the money could help).

Last edited by Victor; 09-25-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Victor
Melting Slicks

bump!
Old 10-17-2010, 10:00 PM
ylose
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Wow, very nicely done. Love the work you have poured into it...very tasteful.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:14 AM
Victor
Melting Slicks

bump!

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 1979 Corvette in Beacon, NY

Quick Reply: FS: 1979 Corvette in Beacon, NY