Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS 1980 RED T-TOPS $6500 83k miles JAX FL

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:36 PM
corvettetimmy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS 1980 RED T-TOPS $6500 83k miles JAX FL

1980 Automatic, T-Tops, Doeskin interior.

The car appears to be all original on the inside and under the hood. The following parts have been replaced in the past 200 miles:

1. New stainless steel brakes (rotors, 4 piston calipers, wheel bearings, pads, lines, master cylinder, booster)

2. Front suspension (controll arms, bushings, ball joints, shocks, springs, tie rods)

3. Tires (brand new BF's)

4. Alignment

5. Body bushings

Rebuilt Q-jet carb (less than 200 miles ago)

Headlight actuators look to be new and both headlights work perfectly.

The interrior is in good shape. The seats covers are torn at the seams but the seat tracks, bases, and adjusters function normally. The dash has a small crack above the glove box.

All of the gages and instruments work. The turn signals, wipers, headlights all work properly.

Under the hood looks to be all original GM (except normal tune up parts) nothing is molested or rigged up.

The engine runs great and has great oil pressure. The cooling system keeps the car cool in the 90 deg days here in Florida.

The ac works (could stand to be a little cooler but works none the less)

The factory AM/FM radio works (i havent put a tape in it yet.. i dont have any )

Cruise control works.

The transmission shifts firm and functions properly with no funny business.

The frame is in great shape and is solid front to rear.

The paint looks ok from 10 ft. it needs a re-paint to be a real solid original car. It still looks great driving around and from a distance. It has the usual 30yr old spiderwebbing and cracked paint. There is one 2inch crack in the right rear wheel well.. Again, it looks fantastic in pictures, looks ok from 10 ft, and looks good driving around. The pics are only 3 weeks old but the paint isnt as good as it looks in the pics.

All in all its kinda like stepping back 30 years in time.

Check out the pics and stop by any time to check it out and drive it. I have the title in my room if you happen to like it. The car is located on the east side of Jacksonville, Fl at Lantern Square Apartments if you want to stop by.

email me any time corvettetimmy@gmail.com
Call me at 513-967-5959

TIM

Old 07-30-2011, 11:38 PM
doctorgene
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I like this car, give me some of the history of it. Would this car be drivable for a 2000 mile trip?? thanks Gene

Quick Reply: FS 1980 RED T-TOPS $6500 83k miles JAX FL