Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 Vingtage SCCA/IMSA racecar for sale, extensive history, fully restored! Must see

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 03:28 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts
Default 1969 Vingtage SCCA/IMSA racecar for sale, extensive history, fully restored! Must see

Here is a vintage racecar that I've received through a deal I worked on an exotic car I owned. I've decided to sell this Corvettes to move on with other projects and allow someone to own it who will use and appreciate the car.

The first car has quite an extensive history, so I'll do my best to lay it all out here.

1969 SCCA/IMSA racecar

Car has been fully restored to Pre-1972 Vintage racing standards. Car is fully safety wired and passed tech at the Corvette World Tribute at Elkhart Lake (Road America) this past July.

Ran the car at Road America with a lower rev limit after some time breaking in the motor preceding that. Car is now good to go.

Basic specs are:

Pre-72 cam
93 octane driveable compression
Holley 750
Tremec tranny
HD BB rear end
All new suspension joints, bushings, etc

History:

Car has original log book back to 1972 and raced fairly consistently from 1972 up through 1986. While it wasn't a winning machine with big sponsorship, it was consistently driven by self funded guys and really made to some descent events over the years racing next to Greenwoods, Barber, Bondurant, Delorenzo and more. It'd also been raced all over the country through the various owners and been to events like 12 hrs Sebring, 24 hrs Daytona, Mexico City 1000k's, Camel GT Challenge races and more. There's just so much to its history, it's too much to post here.

On to the pics of it then and now.

Original Owner and first logbook photo from 1972. Car raced in the Northeast during this time and was IMSA (no windshield). Pocono, Watkins, VIR, etc

Second owner who raced at Daytona, Sebring, Mexico City and the owner driving it when it was featured in Dick Guldstrands book "Corvette Thunder" for the appearance at the Mexico City race. It was painted black in this photo, but was blue as featured in Dick's book prior to this scheme. Car was raced all over east coast.

Dicks Book and the page it's on.

Just a small piece of the history that's been compiled...complete log books to reflect all this

Car raced and was rebodied through the late 70's into the 80's. Raced throughout the Southwest in this time period.

In the mid 80's the car sustained mild damage to the front end and was taken to a body shop for repair. The body shop was owned by the new owner of the car. Overnight, the shop burned down and was uninsured. The car sustained major damage and the owner financially couldn't recover from it in order to repair the car. The car sat for many years until it was pulled out about 4 years ago.

After extensive work was done, the car was returned to its original appearance to match the feature in D. Guldstrands book. After completion the car was then taken to the Corvette World Tribute at Road America where it was photo'd next to some of the most historically significant Corvettes in existence. This photo was taken and is preserved by GM and other affiliates involved with Corvette Racing.

I enjoyed having the car and had a great time with it, but it's time to move on. I'll be uploading in-car video of the car on the track soon!

Here's how it sits!

Dick G. and I looking at the car and the history of the car. He signed a book to me!

Coming down the hill!

It's in there...Lemans winning cars and many significant others.

Random pics

Price is 55k obo. Car is located near Pittsburgh, Pa
724-970-1760 anytime
Old 10-07-2011, 05:56 PM
jsbwac
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Simply amazing. That is a phenomenal car. I wish it was in my garage! GLWS.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:07 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Looking for a buyer! Hopefully someone sees this and realizes it's just what they were looking for!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:07 PM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

Old 11-08-2011, 07:08 PM
HamadUP
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Nothing like owning a peace of a Corvette's racing history. I really enjoyed reading this post!, GLWS.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:31 PM
69VetteFla
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great story - really enjoyed it, but unfortunately, can't buy your car. Best of luck with a sale.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:46 AM
68ragtop69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
MD Events Coordinator
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
Cruise-In X Veteran
CI-X Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

BUMP!! What a great car and story!!!

Get notified of new replies

To 1969 Vingtage SCCA/IMSA racecar for sale, extensive history, fully restored! Must see

Quick Reply: 1969 Vingtage SCCA/IMSA racecar for sale, extensive history, fully restored! Must see