Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS 1974 L-82 Custom Paint 3 speed Automatic (Phoenix, AZ)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Carterpiano123
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS 1974 L-82 Custom Paint 3 speed Automatic (Phoenix, AZ)

1974 L-82 C3 Corvette ($20,000.00 asking price)

Here is a video online of the actual corvette from different angles when driving it. Enjoy!

<a src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSXrRfXY5kA&t=31s">Click Here for Video</a>

Or copy and paste this into your browser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSXr...ature=youtu.be

Here for your consideration is a Classic, 1974, original miles, custom painted Corvette. The value you get with this specific corvette is unlike any others on the market that I know of in the area. Sure, you could go spend $7,000 on the fixer-upper, but after the time and effort, you'll have spent enough time and money to have purchased and enjoyed this one to begin with anyways. The odometer currently reads 70,000. The car has a perfect clean title, everything matches. Originally purchased from a guy who bought it from the original owners. It passed emissions, runs well. A lot of time, effort, and money has made this car what it is. A paint job like this would easily run you over$10,000. You're 7,000 fixer upper in need of a paint job easily becomes $17,000. Some paint jobs even cost $20-25k when done through a reputable company! (Do the research yourself, I didn't believe it at first either)
The paint was done a few years back and is still in great shape. It is not a $20k paint job, so there are flaws, but take a look at the photos, it is in excellent condition. The paint is an 8/10 condition. It has a great shine. I've been told it is a 10 footer.

I just had it detailed this week inside and out. A 5 layer polish, and wax is currently on the paint. If not sold by January 15th, it's going to the car show for more eyes to see it.

The tires have about 3/4th of their life left.

Rims are in great condition.

Windows are all in excellent condition.

Luggage rack on the back is mint. (some imperfections on the driver's side paint under the stingray emblem from pressure, nothing major, just worth mentioning)

All emblems are present and in good condition.

Historical Vehicle License plate is an option with this car when registering. (It's about $25 for a pair of plates.) A plus for anyone shipping overseas. Shipping is available.

Interior is easily an 8/10. Leather seats, aftermarket stereo, door and rear speakers, new battery, excellent carpet, refurbished door sills, original windows, newly painted

The dash has a cover that fits perfectly. It was placed there due to some cracking on the dash. (A fairly common issue among these corvettes)

*UPDATE* Dash has been re-furbished. New matching vinyl leather has been added around the dash after hours of work to make sure the results would show the amount of work that went into it. The previously rated 3/10 dash is now an 8/10 dash. I say 8/10 because it is not the original dash material, but it does match what it would've been. The old vinyl had handed and turned into a plastic from the sun. This is no longer the case. It feels like real leather and looks great!

There have been many additions to increase the performance and yet maintain an enjoyable ride in this classic. The engine is in excellent condition, and was recently professionally rebuilt. It drives like a champ. You're buying a car that is ready for the occasional weekend drive, and yet at the same time would take you from Phoenix to Flagstaff with no issues.

The steering wheel is a telescoping steering wheel. (This adds $750 in value and collectibility. Remember, as you look around for your new classic car, you're making an investment. Cars of this age and condition continue to go up in value)

Powered steering! - this is a huge bonus and also adds over $2,500 in value! Remember, these numbers go up as they become more rare over the years. (Especially the L-82 model)

There is no A/C in this car, but there is room under the hood if this something you'd like to install or have installed. As I've mentioned, almost everything has been done in this car. It's in excellent condition. This is truly an investment to consider. I do have some spare AC duct parts that i had just in case i was going to add on to the car. I didn't feel the need, as i drive with the windows down or the t-tops off.

It does have powered windows, but they sometimes need a little help getting up. Motors could use replacing in the future.

The engine is running strong, idles well, very powerful. The upgrades (aftermarket HEI distributor system, aftermarket headers, new starter & starter solenoid, etc...) have both allowed it to have more horse power as well as pass emissions. It's an excellent vehicle. The Holley carb has been adjusted to spec, and drives extremely strong. Float levels are to spec, as well as the accelerator pump. When we began working on this specific corvette, it ran well, but accelerated very slowly. This is no longer the case. It puts a bit of fear into your eyes, and adds a little more focus to the road. It is truly a fun car to drive!

Shifts smoothly when automatically shifting, but can be very quick when needed (by shifting manually, or pressing the pedal harder in automatic)

While I was at the MDV registering this vehicle in my name, i had them look up the value of the car, and the number they came up with (by looking at local classic car dealerships and others in the nation) was $23,975. It's in good condition. It could use a few more hours of work and a couple of upgraded parts, so I don't expect that amount by any means, but I will not sell this classic for cheap. I hope to find someone who will enjoy it as much as we have.

The car is a real head turner. In the first day of owning it, driving around town, I had over 6 people honk their horns, give me a thumbs up, tell their kids to look over at the corvette, etc...

I can't describe every detail of the car, as that would take weeks. I would love to show you the car, and I welcome you to drive it as long as I have cash in hand.

Serious buyers only please. This is not a project car. It is running strong. As I said, it is pure American muscle. Truly a blessing to have owned this classic. If you'd like to see it at the show, let me know. Feel free to call, text, or email.

Interior parts have been re-coated with a beautiful black paint to match original quality.

New shocks/suspension. Handles like a dream.

Tires are nearly brand new. Many more miles of fun to be had.

Headlight vacuum actuators work flawlessly.

Aftermarket mallory distributor, coil, and ignition.

aftermarket headers

Speedometer works, tachometer is not currently hooked up but does work.

Seats are in 9/10 condition. Original leather.

Wiring has been completely gone through. No issues in the electric system.

Starts first try every time.

Float levels on carb are to spec and allow for immediate acceleration.

L-82 emblems come with car but have not been installed yet. (Just in case buyer prefers a clean look)

6 layer cleaner, swirl remover, and wax has been applied to paint. Has an excellent shine.

New battery.

New starter.

Always driven with premium gasoline.

New fuel pump.

New fuel filters.

Oil, temp, battery, fuel gauges all work flawlessly.

No fuel leaks. It has been completely gone through. (When purchased it was getting 2-3 MPG. You can feel comfortable knowing you are getting good mileage for a c3 corvette.)

New water pump.

Rebuilt engine (A good quality rebuild, runs very strong, idles very well)

Aftermarket stereo & speakers

Custom inner doors panels

Adjusted door handle flaps to correct height.

Comes with:

Original 1974 owners manual, service manual, 1974 corvette magazines, and other various documents.

T-top bags.

Custom car cover (If asking price is paid)

Lots of spare original c3 parts.

Corvette floor mats

Corvette feder gripper (to avoid scratches on car when working on it)
8/10 paint

Rebuilt Engine, and trans. Aftermarket HEI ignition system

Wider body, wide back tires

Old 01-04-2017, 09:57 PM
Aaron FTC
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice looking car Good luck selling!

Quick Reply: FS 1974 L-82 Custom Paint 3 speed Automatic (Phoenix, AZ)