Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1969 427 Auto #s

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 11:26 PM
garrdn
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1969 427 L36 Auto

WTT.....
This car has been in the family since the 80's. It was an uncle's car and he was in the process of a body off when he passed away. It was put back together and then sat for aprox 10 years. I took possession of it a few years ago and have been slowly trying to get it finished. I had it out today (4/18/17) and drove around the block a few times. I have had the engine checked and all is well. The frame is solid and is an 9/10. The carb was rebuilt but still needs tuned, its off a '72. The brakes were redone with stainless inserts and stainless lines front to back. Master cylinder is new. Alternator new. Fan and belts new. I converted to electronic ignition. The block was painted with new correct valve covers, Block is Numbers matching. Plugs and wires new. All vacuum lines working. Tilt and telescoping column, put new key cylinder in that needs to be rekeyed to old ignition key. Dash lights all new, I put LED in instead of old incandescent. There was a repaint in the 80's and there are a few chips on driver door. This year I plan on fixing the bushings and have it aligned. There are F70 15 redlines on it. The horn button needs adjusting. Heater core needs looked at, blows hot just get a hint of antifreeze sometimes, no leaks. I will have the rear end checked and fixed if need be. Trans is not original. Driver head rest has crack. I don't need to sell, just testing the waters. I have had several offers in the low $20's and will not let it go for that. I have been thinking about a newer one and would need to sell this first. I am also thinking of a convertible Camaro, would be nice if I could fit the kids in the back! I have to list a price to comply with the rules of the Forum so $27,500 is the price.
Attached Images     

Last edited by garrdn; 07-11-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:41 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Per forum rules, you have to list an asking price.
Nice car.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:52 PM
garrdn
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
Per forum rules, you have to list an asking price.
Nice car.
I have added an asking price. Let me know if there is anything else I need to add/delete.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:17 AM
dklumpp
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by garrdn
I have added an asking price. Let me know if there is anything else I need to add/delete.
Original engine/trans/rear? Any paperwork? Tank sticker?
Old 04-20-2017, 10:27 AM
garrdn
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by dklumpp
I haven't looked for tank sticker. I have some paperwork and there is a little metal plate in the paperwork. I tracked down the original dealership then to the original owner befor my uncle bought it. I have pictures of frame off from the 80's. Engine/trans original already checked. I haven't checked rearend, was planning on the this year.
The following users liked this post:
C4Coupe (08-24-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 12:09 PM
dklumpp
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by garrdn
I haven't looked for tank sticker. I have some paperwork and there is a little metal plate in the paperwork. I tracked down the original dealership then to the original owner befor my uncle bought it. I have pictures of frame off from the 80's. Engine/trans original already checked. I haven't checked rearend, was planning on the this year.
Take a picture of the little metal plate and post that could be the protect o plate which is great documentation to have especially on a number s matching big block. I sold my 69 vert 427 390 car a couple of years ago on here got 23k with nom and needing paint and interior so i think your asking price is quite fair. Good luck with the sale!
Old 06-17-2017, 01:50 PM
garrdn
Heel & Toe

Take a picture of the little metal plate and post that could be the protect o plate which is great documentation to have especially on a number s matching big block. I sold my 69 vert 427 390 car a couple of years ago on here got 23k with nom and needing paint and interior so i think your asking price is quite fair. Good luck with the sale!
The plate is from a second owner, from father to son and there is no Rear end info or Engine info on plate. I checked for the tank sticker and couldn't find one.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:51 PM
garrdn
Heel & Toe

Block original
Trans not original
Don't know about rear end yet.
Found the Son of the original owner, he is going to stop by next week and give me additional info.

Last edited by garrdn; 06-17-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:45 AM
SXti
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wanted to follow up and see if you were able to obtain any additional details.

[QUOTE=garrdn;1594965997]Block original
Trans not original
Don't know about rear end yet.
Found the Son of the original owner, he is going to stop by next week and give me additional info.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-10-2017, 11:53 AM
garrdn
Heel & Toe

He cancelled on me last min. He said he would get back with me later this year. I am not going to hold my breath though. I have had a few people out to look at and and offer trades. Nothing I was interested though.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:02 PM
Bruce42
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you sell this corvette
Old 08-24-2017, 09:57 AM
garrdn
Heel & Toe

[QUOTE=Bruce42;1595427609]Did you sell this corvette[/QUOTE

No