Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Want To Find: Donny Boy 1970 LT-1

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 11:33 AM
71 Green 454
Le Mans Master

Received 1,186 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by Midyrman
Does anyone know who purchased this LT-1 or who currently owns the car? I gave Donny Boy his name, regrettably sold, and would like to attempt to get him back.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
Tom
Did you ever find Donny Boy? Looks like it went to Pennsylvania, then back to Florida. New FL title was just issued 2 months ago.

Old 12-29-2019, 12:14 PM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by 71 Green 454
Did you ever find Donny Boy? Looks like it went to Pennsylvania, then back to Florida. New FL title was just issued 2 months ago.

Looks like it lost a little weight as well...
Old 12-30-2019, 12:37 PM
Midyrman
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Default In the vicinity

Getting closer to my garage but like a lot of things, close doesn’t count for much. 😊

But thank you for tracking the car.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:20 PM
Sir Keith
Racer

Received 204 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Midyrman
Apparently the current owner is not interested in selling since he has not responded to Sotheby’s letter expressing my interest in the car.
I agree with your assessment. In my opinion, the car has gone to a collector who is not interested in selling the car, and moreover, does not want its location to become public. That would explain his lack of a response to your query, which on the face of it seems like bad manners.

I live in the greater Seattle area, and through friends in the local car community, I have had the privilege of touring several of the many significant car collections in this area. We all know about Jon Shirley's spectacular Ferrari collection, but for every one of those well-known collections, there are ten others that are invisible to the public eye. There is a significant Corvette collection on the Olympic Peninsula, perhaps the best BMW collection in the world just north of Seattle, several notable classic collections on Bainbridge Island; the list goes on and on. But the point here is that the vast majority of collectors I know have one thing in common- they want to keep their collections out of the public eye. Perhaps that is what is going on with your car. The silver lining, if there is one, is that you know the car will be well cared for.
The following users liked this post:
SeeThrees (01-08-2020)
Old 01-02-2020, 06:14 PM
Midyrman
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Default Yup

Originally Posted by Sir Keith
I agree with your assessment. In my opinion, the car has gone to a collector who is not interested in selling the car, and moreover, does not want its location to become public. That would explain his lack of a response to your query, which on the face of it seems like bad manners.

I live in the greater Seattle area, and through friends in the local car community, I have had the privilege of touring several of the many significant car collections in this area. We all know about Jon Shirley's spectacular Ferrari collection, but for every one of those well-known collections, there are ten others that are invisible to the public eye. There is a significant Corvette collection on the Olympic Peninsula, perhaps the best BMW collection in the world just north of Seattle, several notable classic collections on Bainbridge Island; the list goes on and on. But the point here is that the vast majority of collectors I know have one thing in common- they want to keep their collections out of the public eye. Perhaps that is what is going on with your car. The silver lining, if there is one, is that you know the car will be well cared for.
Yes. Thanks for your thoughts. Could very well be the case.

Old 01-03-2020, 09:07 AM
redrdstr72
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts

Good luck on your search. I REALLY hope you find it. Actually, I sorta hope you find it and then don't pull the trigger on it, thereby giving me a shot at it (not really, just funnning).

I must say, while I realize we each have our own ideas and preferences for these beautiful automobiles, this one is absolutely the most beautiful C3 specimen for me. Perfect look in every way, right down to the body-colored hard top and original style white stripe sidewalls. IMO, Donnybrooke Green is the best color ever on these cars, seconded by Steel Cities Gray.

The following users liked this post:
71 Green 454 (01-03-2020)

Quick Reply: WTB: Want To Find: Donny Boy 1970 LT-1