Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: F/S 1975 Corvette Project Santa Clara,CA $8000

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 11:01 PM
NothingSpecial
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default F/S 1975 Corvette Project Santa Clara,CA $8000

$8000

This is for the people who want a car that is complete but needs the effort or labor.

Up for sale is my daily driver 1975 Corvette. I've owned this car for 4 years and put about 13k+ into it. I'd rather not sell the car but in the past year I've had a head injury and back injury and I can't work on it nor afford it anymore. I used to work at a corvette parts store and was heavy into them for a while. This was my first car I ever owned.

Cold start & interior electronics status.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26wmvNG-wXo&feature=youtu.be

Composition:
l48 Motor, edelbrock carb. Stock. True dual exhaust. Dewitts Radiator
Super t10 w/ Hurst Shifter. Shifts ok, but is old. Could use new synchro in second gear.
rear end 3.36 Gears w/ heavy duty stub axles.
Suspension 550 front springs, 7 leaf rear. period correct Gymkhana suspension setup.
This car will dance, Fun to autocross. The suspension is a period correct gymkhana setup with the front 1 1/8 swaybar and *not installed but i have 7/16 rear swaybar. 550# front springs and the 7 leaf rear. At mid speeds it handles quite well for an old corvette, minimal body roll. Tires are the limiting factor in this combination.
200 watt rms amplifier. 4 speakers, has an amplifier with bluetooth and aux. Radio is there for mock up purposes.

l48 motor is strong and has many miles of life left on it. Lots of temporary top end stuff right now though. Plugged vacuum holes, ect. This motor always runs at 195 which is where the fan turns on. Never overheats or goes above even in heavy traffic and hot days. Has great oil pressure. 40 pounds at idle, hits 60+ when you get on it. running 10-30w oil, doesnt even need 10-40 to take up slack.

Interior is 2 tone saddle. Somewhat rough doorpanels. Has a 69 corvette ebrake console with the seatbelt holes so you can use it as a cellphone holder. Added kickpanel speakers, an amp and rear deck speakers. sound system is not the highest quality but it works and sounds good.

All electronics work except for door adjar and headlight indicator. The car was originally an AC Car but previous owners removed it. Headlight switch has an issue in its vacuum circuit but the bypass under the dash works.

List of all the work done to it in the past 4 years:
Power brake conversion. Fresh calipers, fresh master, fresh booster. replaced lines that were bad.
Interior freshing, new carpet, recolored door panels, added kick panel speakers, added ground wires for wiper switch, added ground for dash. rear deck speakers, amplifier.
All panels were re dyed, it did not hold up well however.
!!!!!!TRAILING ARMS ARE REBUILT!!!!!! This is a super expense for most c3 builds. Already done. most people charge 600+ per arm.
front end suspension rebuild. New ball joints, new bushings, new everything.
Replaced windshild. Confirmed no upper birdcage rust.
Fiberglassed wiper deck. Needs another go over for leaks.
New 2 1/4 true dual exahust, magnaflows.
Electronics troubleshooting, mostly bad grounds, all fixed.

Tons of extras:
Stock 3/4 front bar.
9 leaf spring, 280 springs, 460 springs
2 drilled slotted front rotors
Brakelines for the whole car.
All screws are included.
Original quadrajet
Edelbrock intake manifold
Extra fiberglass front bumper

Needs:
Top end of motor should be finalized with a throttle bracket, I have an edelbrock intake to install as well. Was going to do the two at once but haven't gotten to it. Maybe replace rubber fuel pump lines with stainless braided hose.
Exhaust leaks plugged
Bodywork & paint (doors line up better than it is right now, with some effort. Rain came and i didnt have time to seat it all proper. the bumpers never fit all that great)
Center console. Normal breakage up by the wiper control. Factory non working clock.... they never work..
Headlight switch assembly (i have two, one gets hot from internal arcing, needs to be cleaned, the current one has a vaccuum issue)
driver side dash needs clips and screws installed.
L/R Headlight Brackets Repaired or replaced.
Vacuum Headlight switch replaced (I just rebuilt original)
MAYBE a right rear ujoint. I hear ticking but no kicking. Probably still good but noisy.
Finish work.

Loving care. I want the person who buys this car to do it right. Run it hard but always improve it. Not a project for the feint of heart, nearly done however. I cannot continue it at this time as life has gotten REAL. No tire kickers. Local people only. First right of refusal when you go to sell it.

Last edited by NothingSpecial; 07-12-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Quick Reply: FS: F/S 1975 Corvette Project Santa Clara,CA $8000