FS (For Sale) 1972 Coupe 454, 4sp - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1972 Coupe 454, 4sp

Old 12-12-2018, 07:23 PM
thirdmach1

OK what about rust. I don't know how the Wyoming/Utah area treat a car. I'm from the rust belt I know what happens around this area Not Good. So a honest evaluation of rust please.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Keith Sharp

I know about the rust belt. Had a 68 that the frame had nearly rusted through, and had to be repaired in front of the rear wheels. Wyoming and Utah are dry climates and, at least decades ago, didn't use much salt on the roads. This car has a very solid frame. Attached is a picture of that typical problem area. Note that the edges of the metal are full thickness.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:27 PM
thirdmach1

Trying to save more Bitcoin to make you a better offer... Just the short block was changed? OG heads. intake and so on?
Old 12-30-2018, 06:50 PM
JJEXP

Thatís a beautiful car. Any recent maintenance and or upkeep done? Iím thinking about things like brakes, clutch, belts, hoses, etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 1972 Coupe 454, 4sp

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.