Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1976 Orange Flame - 19,278 Original Miles - Documented Including Orig. Bill of Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 03:32 PM
Red86Z51
Melting Slicks

Received 444 Likes on 322 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified
C4 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by Greg
Dave,
This has to be the nicest '76 I've seen. I agree with the rest that your price is very fair for this car. These mid-era C3's are fast approaching the half century mark and are thankfully finding their rightful place in the collector market. Examples like yours will certainly help to raise the bar for others.
Excellent ad, excellent history. I would also be reluctant to rack up too many miles on this rare beauty.
Hope you find the right buyer for this terrific Corvette soon.
Greg
Thank you for the compliments and kind words Greg, I really appreciate them!!

Dave
Old 11-01-2018, 03:40 PM
Red86Z51
Melting Slicks

I wanted to add one last example to my list above of yet another area that I believe has never been repainted. It's an area that can NEVER be masked off well on a repaint, and that area is the seal around the rear window. Because the original rear windows were installed with butyl tape, any over-spray on the butyl would be impossible to clean off without damaging the seal, or damaging the new paint. That is of course, unless the rear window was removed and a new seal put into place on the reinstall.

Here is the rear window seal on this car. It sure looks original and untouched to me...with no evidence of paint over-spray on it. (Note the edge where the seal meets the body)

I hope these examples help to give a visual clarification as to why I said that I believe the paint to be mostly original on this car.

Dave
Old 11-01-2018, 07:43 PM
corvette_snoopy
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PM sent to owner
Old 11-02-2018, 05:36 AM
Red86Z51
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by corvette_snoopy
PM sent to owner
PM reply has been sent.

Dave
Old 11-03-2018, 01:01 PM
Red86Z51
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Ed T
TTT

Thanks for gettin' up so early to take those pics, you got up way earlier than me . Your #2 & #4 body mounts/ key hole slots/frame stencils really tell the story on this well preserved time capsule. Amazing that owner #1 spray painted the jack points onto the frame rails, never saw that before... just when I thought I had seen everything re: 76 cars

Let's keep the interest going on this thread and have you show a pic of that original spare. Still got the nubs on it ? If it's a Firestone 500 it got recalled 40+ yrs ago, not that it matters much today , but a seriously cool piece of history to have, along with all your other great original docs.

How about that parking brake ? Does it hold the car / Any fluid leaks ?

Really neat car, try to find another one in this shape @ this price

GLWS

Ed,

Here are those pics of the spare I promised...this is how they look after being mashed in there for 42 years. It's certainly held up well though...not a lick of rust anywhere on the rim. It's a Firestone steel belted radial, but I don't see where it is a indicates it's a "500". I've included the codes for those who like decode codes. I've also included a close-up of the "nubs" you asked about. In fact, I think it's still got some of that rare "factory air" in it too!

ORIGINAL UNUSED SPARE TIRE

Old 11-04-2018, 08:34 AM
Red86Z51
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Ed T
TTT

Dave, thanks for the pics of that spare. You sure have went the extra mile on this outstanding presentation. This original car certainly has all the right stuff going for it and at a swell price, especially with some 1976 air still included in that tire @ no extra charge.

Refreshing to see 42 y/o pillar post trim still in great shape, the door lock anti theft shields in place, a set of door panels that aren't falling apart and all original smog stuff still in place........and the list goes on ! That original owners maintenance log really tells the story about an owner who took great pride in his car and documented his work, just like you have.
Maybe I missed it but didnt see your link in this for sale ad RE: rear spindle bearings that you have done, so I will include it for you

RWB's should be in the top 10 Q's a prospective buyer should want to know regarding maintenance.

.https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1596672675

all the best, i really like this car !

you stated :" I added a brand new Curt trailer hitch when I replaced the rear bumper. It is simply a "bolt on" unit that can be removed if so desired."

let's see how you mounted that to keep the interest going in your F/S ad.

And pics of the door jambs. You are running out of pics to take but I will keep doggin' you for some to get this sale goin'.

Clear title with no lien on it, right?

GLWS
Hi Ed,

Thanks for the kind words! I guess we are about getting "pictured-out" eh? I'm happy to take extra pics of anything of importance that showcases the condition and originality of this car...I just hope there aren't too many more low shots...I'm afraid of not being able to get back up again without the aid of an EMS responder! I'm glad you brought up and included that link to the rear bearings too. It gives everyone an inside look as to the like new condition of the spindles and associated parts. Those rear bearings are one item I NEVER want to worry about on the road!!

TITLE: The title is an Indiana title which is free and clear, and in my name. An important point which I'm glad you brought up....thank you.

Below are pictures of the door jams I took this morning. You can see how clean the weather strip is underneath and around the sides of the doors. On the topic of the hitch, I've included a picture of the install points. It was easier than trying to capture pics of the mounts, because those upper mounts are above the mufflers and would not photograph well. If someone really wanted a look at what's involved with the install, I'm sure there's a Installation Instructions PDF file on Curt's website that can be viewed...and I know Curt did a YouTube on the install.

TRAILER HITCH INSTALL POINTS:

DOOR JAMBS:

Well, my coffee is gone...time for breakfast!

Dave

Old 11-04-2018, 03:24 PM
ZRXGreen
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

What a gorgeous car--love the orange. GLWS! I wish I had some extra money...and another garage.
The following users liked this post:
Red86Z51 (11-05-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Red86Z51
Melting Slicks

SALE PENDING.

I will keep this thread updated as the sale proceeds.

Thanks for all of the interest!

Dave
Old 11-06-2018, 03:46 PM
jpargo
Pro

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist

Dave congrats on the possible sale of that beautiful 76! Someone is going to get a great example of a C3
The following users liked this post:
Red86Z51 (11-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 06:53 PM
Red86Z51
Melting Slicks

OFFICIALLY SOLD as of 11/06/18 !!!

Thanks again to everybody for your interest in the car and all of your kind words and wishes. This car WILL be going to a new owner that I am convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt will continue to care for it as a car of this age and condition and with this low of mileage should be cared for! The torch has been passed!

Regards to all!

Dave

Quick Reply: FS: 1976 Orange Flame - 19,278 Original Miles - Documented Including Orig. Bill of Sale