Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1970 Corvette Convertible 383 AFR heads with many drivetrain updates

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 03:25 PM
cqlink
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by centuryoldracer
????
I think you mentioned that the frame needed some "tinkering?" Maybe I read your posting incorrectly.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:27 PM
cqlink
Instructor

Originally Posted by centuryoldracer

I will take more and post them as soon as I can
1970 Convertible 4 speed. Mostly original interior showing it's age. Has a new Black soft top, but the frame was left unrestored, and needs some tinkering. Seats are decent.
The car was set up to be a fun driver that you can take anywhere, and not have to worry, very striking going down the road, but the paint is a 15 footer.
Engine is a 383 with AFR aluminum heads, and all the bolt ons, aluminum intake, headers, full Flow master exhaust system, Holley carb, electronic ignition, serpentine belt set up, trans, and shift linkage rebuilt, and works awesome, Center force clutch, car is fast.
Rebuilt suspension, and brakes, up graded wheels, and tires, all of the drive train stuff is nice, and functions perfectly without any issues.
It has some other tinkering that needs to be done eventually like the wipers, and heater blower motor, but it only gets driven in good weather, and always with the top down. The Distributor is a tach drive, and the tachometer does work as does the parking brake which was addressed when all of the other drive train, and suspension was done. Speedometer is not hooked up.
Also note worthy is the 6,000 red line which i'm pretty sure is the original tach to that car.
If you are looking for a correct numbers car this one is NOT it, but if you want to get in, and haul your butt around in style, and have a fun car that looks, and sounds mean, and will roast the tires on command then maybe this is your type of car.
Located in Hayden Idaho
It is listed for 19,000 but to the Corvette forum I will take 17,500 firm
I will get pictures up shortly
Thanks
805-813-7413 Text is fine also
"Frame left unrestored. Needs some tinkering." Guessing you're referring to the convert top frame?

Old 11-10-2019, 04:57 PM
centuryoldracer
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by cqlink
I think you mentioned that the frame needed some "tinkering?" Maybe I read your posting incorrectly.
The Convertible top frame was left unrestored , and needs some tinkering, should have said minor adjustments, but the soft top is new.
The top frame is fine, as is the cars frame.
The tinkering was specific to wipers,blower motor, and soft top frame

Last edited by centuryoldracer; 11-10-2019 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:03 PM
centuryoldracer
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by cqlink
"Frame left unrestored. Needs some tinkering." Guessing you're referring to the convert top frame?
Correct
Old 11-19-2019, 05:27 AM
simon60
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 30 Posts

ttt
Old 06-10-2020, 11:33 AM
savannahz
Cruising

Is this car still available? Thanks

Quick Reply: FS: 1970 Corvette Convertible 383 AFR heads with many drivetrain updates