Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unlimitedvettes - Info Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 01:03 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Miljoe
i wish i saw this string 1st. i just bid on a 72 coupe from this guy. i hope i don't win.
Call him and tell him you're going to send an inspector to look at the car - I'd bet he cancels your bid.... If he doesn't, then you need to follow through and get it inspected: www.magoos.net.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:11 PM
corvgreg
Emerging Vendor

Received 108 Likes on 82 Posts

Everyone doesn't know what to look for themselves if they look at it An inspection done by a professional would give you more peace of mind and maybe even some leverage in negotiating the price.
The local guy that did the inspection works for Automobile Inspections LLC, phone number 1-860-456-4048. They have nationwide inspectors. He also said if the car is a long drive away there may be an additional mileage charge.

Greg
Old 05-11-2005, 03:42 AM
DMONSVETTE
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good heads up! Becareful out there folks.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:22 AM
69396Chevy
Instructor

Take the neg feedback and dont follow through or cancel your bid all together!!!

Forgot to add . . . . Is getting scammed 1000s of dollars for a piece of crap really worth more than a negative feedback?? After he leaves you negative feedback just reference this forum for people to come and see for themselves! I too was interested in some of his cars but fortunately I live in Michigan and it would have been a big hassle to get to CA and look at them. Id have NEVER EVER purchased a car without seeing it firsthand unless it was for sale by a very reputable company.

I'm also thinking maybe we should all place ads on Ebay with information about this person but obviously not charge for it. Just put the ad in the form of an auction so that so that ebay hopefully wont delete it and people will contact you and we can refer them to this site and all the posts. What do you all think???

Last edited by 69396Chevy; 05-11-2005 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:01 PM
brighteyes
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got a great car

I bought a car for my husband about four months ago and Michael was very helpful. He helped with shipping and the car got here without a problem. My husband was very happy and we enjoy the car a lot!
Old 05-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Miljoe
i wish i saw this string 1st. i just bid on a 72 coupe from this guy. i hope i don't win.

Even if you win, just dont pay....well worth the negative you may get. This guy seems like the kind you DONT want to buy from.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by brighteyes
I bought a car for my husband about four months ago and Michael was very helpful. He helped with shipping and the car got here without a problem. My husband was very happy and we enjoy the car a lot!

Michael is that you? What do you have to say about all your unhappy customers?
Old 05-14-2005, 11:34 PM
WhichVette?
Pro

Originally Posted by Chevy Guy
Michael is that you? What do you have to say about all your unhappy customers?
Yeah, really. One post here and this is it? Not even a little bit convincing...

At least we know he has a husband...
Old 05-15-2005, 09:02 PM
tleetoo
1st Gear

Default michael montrief

I feel bad for all of you out there that bought a car from Michael. I own a transport company and use to haul his vehicles, but the honorable Michael stopped payment on his last check when I told him that I no longer wanted to haul his cars because his customers were always mad at us for the condition of his cars, and if there were any problems, Michael would blame us. Michael is someone you only want to buy a car from if you have a vette mechanic and body guy look at the car first and make sure he has the title.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:28 PM
early shark
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It sounds like this guy works out of California. I live in Northern CA. Let me know where he is and I will take a look at these cars for anyone. I have owned 7 "early sharks", 3 '70 LS-5's, 1 '71 LS-6, 1 '71 LS-5 & 2 '72 ZQ3's.

Hate to see the Corvette community get a "black eye" because of this guy!
Old 05-16-2005, 06:16 PM
more_cc's
Instructor

He's based out of Orange County, 10 minutes down the road from me. I'd gladly go and look if I thought he was worth it but I've delt with him once and I'll never go near him again. I suggest you don't.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:24 AM
early shark
Melting Slicks

Thanks. I'll probably steer clear and tell any prospective buyers to BEWARE!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:24 PM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Originally Posted by brighteyes
I can see michael putting on a wig and makeup before he typed this up. Probably spoke out loud in a whiny voice when he typed it.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:55 AM
TXredc3
Pro

I took a look at his feedback on ebay. It's 98%!!! How can this be?
Old 05-20-2005, 02:09 PM
ps1
Intermediate

Default 98 Percent Feedback

Look at how much of his feedback is from sellers and buyers. He buys lots of things on ebay as well and this all counts towards his good rating. You have no idea if the items that show as sales from him are even legitiamate since all of his auctions are private. Hmmm..... Also if you read all of the posts in the forum you will notice that all of his unhappy customers were convinced to purchase outside of ebay and they have no chance at leaving feedback. Hmmm..... seems kind of fishy now doesn't it?
Old 06-07-2005, 11:04 AM
lager99
Team Owner

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

I would never by anything used, sight unseen.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Scoob
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you post the pictures he used to represent the car and also pictures you've taken of the car?

Get notified of new replies

To Unlimitedvettes - Info Anyone?

Old 06-07-2005, 11:39 AM
formul89
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jcoulter
I took a look at his feedback on ebay. It's 98%!!! How can this be?
One thing some bad ebayers do to up their feedback rating is buy alot of cheap items. They can win maybe 20 auctions for $2-5 items and basically buy themselves a good rating for cheap when the sellers leave them a positive.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:48 PM
iknowvettes
Heel & Toe

Default This posted under "off topic" 6-7-05

I signed up yesterday because of all of the great information that is being posted by the members AND to post some of my own. I have jumped on the bandwagon to get Michael Montrief off of e-bay and out of the business of screwing people out of their hard earned money. I will make it my full time job. My story is long, so I won't post it today, but those who would like to file a complaint to the people who can really hurt this guy, here are the addresses and web sites to go to:
Division of Investigation
18231 McDurmott West #100
Irvine, CA 92614
(this is part of the DMV and from what they told me on the phone you have to have a license to broker cars in CA, he does not have a license)

Orange County District Attorney Office
401 Civic Center Drive
PO Box 808
Santa Ana, CA 92701
714-834-3600

The FBI Internet Fraud Division: IFCCFBI.gov (this is a form you fill out on line)

Complaints.com

The IRS!!! 800-829-0433 yes folks, already a number of complaints have been made. We've given them all of the e-bay information and information about how the cars went out with open titles...they can still trace the money wires and cashiers checks.

And , of course continuing to post comments here on the forum regarding your experiences will show up on web searches too. There are far too many people who have lost money to this crook.
D
Old 06-07-2005, 09:33 PM
ps1
Intermediate

Default Michael Montrief address

Mike Montriefs parents address is;

19832 Chesapeake ln
Huntington Beach CA, 92615

I have heard that he lives nearby, within ten minutes of them. Anyone wanting to report him may use this to help authorities identify where to find him.

Hi Mike, have a great day.

Rob

Quick Reply: Unlimitedvettes - Info Anyone?