C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Check your fix from Breathless!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2001, 10:20 PM
Gate2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check your fix from Breathless!

I installed the ring or collar fix that Breathless sent me back in early July. So the other day while washing the car I decided to look at it closely. The ring or collar that they sent has buckled already. It just can't handle the heat generated in that engine compartment. Anybody else have the same problem??
Old 08-05-2001, 10:57 PM
CowboyNVette
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Check your fix from Breathless! (Gate2)

Hey Gate2, where are you in Louisiana? You mean that Breathless fix needs fixing too???
Old 08-05-2001, 11:10 PM
corvettemaster
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like Breathless, but they mainly focus on C5 upgrades. Probably why their C4 stuff never lasts long :D
Old 08-06-2001, 09:06 AM
Gate2
Racer

Default Re: Check your fix from Breathless! (corvettemaster)

Hey CowboyNVette, I'm over here in Mandeville. And yes it appears the Breathless fix needs fixing. They do seem to focus more on the C5 cars. My brother doesn't have this problem with his C5 Vortex system. Much sturdier construction on the C5. I wonder if Breathless will give me my money back? I am not happy and plan to switch to another cold air system.......
Old 08-06-2001, 11:41 AM
kbuicker
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

I say we all get together and demand our money back! I ordered the fix kit.. but if this is what happens to them, I'm not going to bother with them! I didn't buy a vette to strap and tape of things!!!!! That's probably why my car didn't win best club car at the show the other day.. everyone saw the Vortec and it's condition and said, "I'll pass."
Old 08-06-2001, 01:55 PM
CowboyNVette
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Check your fix from Breathless! (kbuicker)

I don't blame you Kbuicker and Gate2, you should be able to get your money back if this fix is just as bad :mad . You know from the service that I have seen on this forum that Breathless has given to C4s I don't think I will ever do business with them. If they think that is ok well so be it. They may be just concerned about the C5 market but I hope they are educated enough to figure out that we will either be C5 or C6 owners one day. Some of us much sooner that others. :yesnod:
Old 08-06-2001, 02:23 PM
C4@your_door
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Check your fix from Breathless! (kbuicker)

I say we all get together and demand our money back! I ordered the fix kit.. but if this is what happens to them, I'm not going to bother with them! I didn't buy a vette to strap and tape of things!!!!! That's probably why my car didn't win best club car at the show the other day.. everyone saw the Vortec and it's condition and said, "I'll pass."
I got one of these setups back when they didn't have a fix. The damn thing would not stay on and it would keep on buckling. I talk to ERNIE there and I told them my problem and at first he was helpful. Then I kept calling because their product kept on coming LOOSE and I guess they were pi$$ed that I kept on calling all the time. ERNIE was cool at first then was a complete A-Hole and said " Well I don't know what you want me to do, I don't have time for this" I then said I'm sending it back he then said go ahead. I bought the system on a Credit Card, I returned it back to them and about 2 months go by and no credit on my CC statement so I give them a call and tell them the situation and they said that they never received it. They then went on a search and guess what they found it. They then told me that they couldn't refund me the whole amount because the black piece was cracked where the air bellow was supposed to attach. I said to him the only reason it's cracked is because the damn thing would not stay on the air bellow. After weeks and weeks of going back and forth with e-mails and phone calls, he says that he can only give me $100 because of the cracked piece. I got pi$$ed and basically told him what I think of his CUSTOMER SERVICE at breathless and told him whatever send the damn hundred bucks. Just for $hits and giggles I call him up later on in the week and tell him that I have the breathless vortex rammer for my C4 and I broke the black piece that goes to the air bellow and I need a new one, he says "ok those are $49.95" damn bastard That's my story and that is why anyone that I know that needs go-fast parts I don't recommend them and I hope this poor CUSTOMER SERVICE story makes a few other people stop and think before they go through them.

IMHO, Breathless= :bs
Old 08-06-2001, 02:45 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

I just checked my "fix" and it is still intact. This does not mean I'm satisfied with it, but it is still intact. I had to use some super strength epoxy, because the tiny tube of superglue they sent was not strong enough to bond the two surfaces. The stuff I used probably strengthened the joint enough to make it withstand the pressure.
Old 08-07-2001, 04:59 PM
89_FX3_6-spd
Pro

Default Re: Check your fix from Breathless! (Mr Dave)

I saw the so called "fix" on a car.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you have every right to be :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

Regards, Jim :chevy:

[Modified by 89_FX3_6-spd, 2:59 PM 8/7/2001]

Get notified of new replies

To Check your fix from Breathless!

Quick Reply: Check your fix from Breathless!