Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Vacuum line routing on '90 - Help Please...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 12:34 PM
jonecap
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Vacuum line routing on '90 - Help Please...

On my vacuum canister located on the front driver side of the car underneath the headlight assembly, there are 3 vacuum lines coming out of the top of the canister and one out of the bottom. I know where the top 3 lines go due to the diagrahm on the radiator shroud, but cannot determine what the line coming out of the bottom of the canister is supposed to connect to.

Can someone with a C4 tell me where the line coming out of the bottom of the canister goes to? Thank you in advance Corvette brethren.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:06 PM
mseven
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 01-22-2006, 01:10 PM
jonecap
Drifting

mseven,this is a great diagrahm, but it does not show the hose coming out of the bottom of the canister. It just shows the 3 on the top.

Does anyone know where the hose on the bottom of the canister goes?
Old 01-22-2006, 01:19 PM
mseven
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jonecap
mseven,this is a great diagrahm, but it does not show the hose coming out of the bottom of the canister. It just shows the 3 on the top.

Does anyone know where the hose on the bottom of the canister goes?
oops I must have mis read your post sorry, w/out looking at mine, I believe the one out of bottom goes to outside between frame extension and lower trim above the front spoiler on drivers side, vent to fresh air.

Last edited by mseven; 01-22-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:23 PM
JeffM1243
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonecap
On my vacuum canister located on the front driver side of the car underneath the headlight assembly, there are 3 vacuum lines coming out of the top of the canister and one out of the bottom. I know where the top 3 lines go due to the diagrahm on the radiator shroud, but cannot determine what the line coming out of the bottom of the canister is supposed to connect to.

Can someone with a C4 tell me where the line coming out of the bottom of the canister goes to? Thank you in advance Corvette brethren.
Do you have one hose into a tee and two hoses off to nowhere? Open at ends? My 90 was the same, car ran fine with these hoses plugged or unplugged, no codes ...I plugged them anyway....This hose does not appear to be on the emissions schematic....
Old 01-22-2006, 01:44 PM
JeffM1243
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correction.......Took a look at the FSM, page 6E3-C3-1, the lower tube on this vapor canister is an "air inlet/drain tube" and should be left open...Diving under the hood with pliers now....
Old 01-22-2006, 05:22 PM
jonecap
Drifting

Originally Posted by JeffM1243
Do you have one hose into a tee and two hoses off to nowhere? Open at ends? My 90 was the same, car ran fine with these hoses plugged or unplugged, no codes ...I plugged them anyway....This hose does not appear to be on the emissions schematic....
Yep. Mine is the exact same way. 1 hose out from the bottom of the canister into a T and two hoses connected to nothing. My car is running fine...just doesn't seem right.. Thanks for looking it up JeffM1243...

Get notified of new replies

To Vacuum line routing on '90 - Help Please...

Quick Reply: Vacuum line routing on '90 - Help Please...