C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

lost my job but am much happier now

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 02:23 PM
PL95
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost my job but am much happier now

On July 25, the owner of my company called me into his office and told me that the company isn't doing well financially. I wasn't getting layed off or fired, but be prepared because if things do not get better, i may have to be layed off. the next day, the ax hit the block and i was jobless. Boy was i pissed. As most working people on this forum can relate, for the first hour I was thinking "how am i going to make my house payment and car payment and ect..." After the initial shock was over, i started to think about what i could do now. So i decided to open a tanning salon. I found a deal on one that the owner wanted to get rid of, so i my wife and i decided to give it a try. Well, the day before we opened, i get a call from my old boss and he just recieved several big orders and wants me to come back. I told him i would think about it while i get my company going. I decided to keep three of the the employees from the previous owner (who are all nice and honest so i do not have to worry about theft) and they work the mornings and i work the evenings. I work my old job during the morning and the salon at night. Even though i put in 113 hours last week and will do a consistant 100 hours a week between the two jobs, it feels great being my own boss and having something that i can call my own. I think loosing my job was the best thing to happen to me in a long time (not including my wife and family).
If anyone here every gets a chance to open their own business, all i can say is that the money, time, and work investment is nothing compared to the feeling of having something of your own.
Is anyone on this forum from the cleveland ohio area? I'm located east of cleveland in Mentor. If your in the area, stop in. I'm Called Xtreme Tans.

Quick Reply: lost my job but am much happier now