Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 09:15 PM
vader86
Team Owner

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,017 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Default some kid backed into the vette

Walked up to the car to leave school today at 5, to find a little korean girl standing beside the vette, and knew something was up...went around the nose and saw huge scrapes all over nose and hood on the drivers' side. She said her BF had backed over the nose about an hour before and left her to wait there. He drives up and looks scared half to death and afraid to speak (hes about half my size), then tries to talk me into letting his guy repaint it, I told him "f*** no, its going to my bodyman, its going to need the whole nose repainted, a new absorber in the nose, new trim, and maybe a new nose altogether"-then i tell him (honestly) what I think it'll cost and he freaks. So he says he needs to go home again to get his insurance stuff (why wouldnt you have it with you?) and left his GF there with me. Cop came out and took it all down, didnt write a ticket. I thanked his GF for waiting there, most people wouldnt have.

How the F*** do you back into a parked car, at 4 o'clock when the lot is EMPTY! If he'd have taken off the wing of his riceburner, he might have seen the damn car sitting there. Theres no way he couldve backed into it if he'd have even turned his steering wheel.

*** DAMN college kids! Baton Rouge has the worst f'ing drivers on the planet.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:19 PM
topgunvette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear but at least the guy had the decency to stick around alot of ppl just take off if nobody is around, i hope your car gets fixed up soon
Old 08-29-2006, 09:21 PM
RonVette2
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about that, that sucks. I hope there will not be any problems with the boys insurance.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:21 PM
NEVRL8T
Race Director

Oh Vader - SORRY to hear that!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:36 PM
MaSTeRofDZaSTeR
Drifting

Location: "Drive like Hell, you'll get there faster." Tucson AZ

Lmao.... they said it perfectly in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Seriously sounds like another dumbf*** riceburner with a shopping cart wing and no hand-eye coordination. I bet he did try to take off, but his gf threw a "conscience tantrum" and stayed. He probably thought if he left her there, she'd take off on her own. You're lucky for her. I woulda told his stupid azz the same thing. And If his friend's got double the intelligence he does, I wouldn't let him with 100 feet of that vette with a paint gun. It's one thing when vettes get wrecked in a moving accident. It's another when they get wrecked from stupid s*** like this. Only a f**** idiot hits a parked vehicle to begin with.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:36 PM
TOO_HOTTVETTE
Burning Brakes

Dude, chill out. I know it seems like it sucks but it could have sucked WAY worse..like if the hadn't stuck around. You actually made out okay. I'm sure it will be better than new. ( just think...now you get to fix all those pesky stone chips ) heck I redo my front nose every couple of years just because of those chips #$?*&@##
Old 08-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Grease Monkey
Team Owner

Cruise-In 8-9 Veteran
aka/Trunk Monkey/Banned For Life/Corvette For Life

Originally Posted by vancityguy
sorry to hear but at least the guy had the decency to stick around alot of ppl just take off if nobody is around, i hope your car gets fixed up soon
Old 08-29-2006, 09:39 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Accidents happen and he was a decent enough guy to make sure he got into contact with you. Cut him a little slack.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:42 PM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=TOO_HOTTVETTE]Dude, chill out. I know it seems like it sucks but it could have sucked WAY worse..like if the hadn't stuck around. /QUOTE]

Also, its probably easier to hit a parked car in a nearly empty lot than one that's full. You tend to loose concentration because there seems to be so much room around you.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:47 PM
SJW
Le Mans Master

Received 1,389 Likes on 920 Posts

In this day and age, it's a rare person who has the integrity to make you whole when they could have pulled a hit and run. I'd suggest you do what you can to make them walk away from this feeling that they did the right thing. We need more people like these folks.

What happened was an accident, plain and simple. We're all capable of screwing up, and sooner or later, we're all gonna. Pat 'em on the back for doing the right thing, and being decent in a bad situation when they could have cut and run.

Be well,

SJW
Old 08-29-2006, 09:53 PM
87 rag
Drifting

At least you know who did and it will be looked after.
You could have come back to your car to see a note on your windshield that said "The people standing around watching think I'm writing my name and phone number on this paper but I'm not."
Old 08-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Kinkajou
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It sucks when the car gets hurt! But It sucks more when it is a hit an run.
I once had my mirror blown into pieces by a woman that drove very close to the car. My neighbors told me that she hit it, stopped for some seconds to see the damage and get away proudly without any remorse.
Come on, that must suck more!

The guy that hit you must be learning, without excuses on bad ability but I have to admit that honesty is a virtue and he stood there to make it right to you.

Hope have the problem solved soon.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:49 PM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Was nice of him to let you borrow his g/f while you were waiting. Did you make the most of it?

My vette got sideswiped, and they left a note. I was bummed before seeing the note. I was very fair with them because of their honesty. I got 4 estimates the next day and let them pay me the average amount.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:53 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Except for the "names" and the fact that your car was damaged, I like the tone of this thread. I echo the sentiment of how bad it would've been to be in an empty lot WITH a damaged Corvette AND no one around other than yourself.

I hope your car gets fixed, wonderfully.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:10 AM
vinnies87
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Bummer man, at least someone was there, and they didn't leave in in the learch...
Old 08-30-2006, 12:28 AM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TOO_HOTTVETTE
Dude, chill out. I know it seems like it sucks but it could have sucked WAY worse..like if the hadn't stuck around. You actually made out okay. I'm sure it will be better than new. ( just think...now you get to fix all those pesky stone chips ) heck I redo my front nose every couple of years just because of those chips #$?*&@##
I here, too!

Stone chips fixed, scratches cleaned up... seems pretty cool to me.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:01 AM
Yakko
Le Mans Master

sorry to hear but at least the guy had the decency to stick his girlfriend with the job of waiting
Okay, fixed

Get notified of new replies

To some kid backed into the vette

Old 08-30-2006, 02:18 AM
86PACER
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lucky they didn't just take off and vanish. They could have just high tailed it and you would have never known who did it. It happened to me with my other car.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:21 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Bet he regretted coming back after seeing a dude your size tripping on him. Last time he does that I bet!

Hopefully your car gets fixed to even better condition than it was before he hit you.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:52 AM
topgunvette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bogus
I here, too!

Stone chips fixed, scratches cleaned up... seems pretty cool to me.
oh dude i got stone chips like crazy... seems these cars love the stones grrrrr

Quick Reply: some kid backed into the vette