C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Corvette = Please hassle me

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:37 AM
davidnclearlaketx
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dchildress
I agree. But they should be watching rice rockets with fart cans hangin' off coat hanger wire.

You got that right!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:40 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by davidnclearlaketx

You got that right!
Biggest thing I see down here is ricer body kits falling off on the freeway.

Also unsecured loads, mattresses, ladders, pipes, couches falling off trucks on the freeway causing accidents. Try hitting a fiberglass ladder on the freeway at 70mph.

Dunno if it is, but this stuff should be one of CHP's top priorities.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:40 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Teddydog
I took the Corvette out today and when I was coming home, I got pulled over. I was in my neighborhood and stopped at a Stop sign, then turned left. As I was going through the turn, a State Patrol cruiser arrived at the intersection on my left. I saw that he was eyeballing me as I went past him. Of course, when I saw him turn around in my rear-view mirror, I knew he was going to pull me over.

I thought for sure he was going to hit me up for no front plate. Instead, he walked up and ASKED me if I had stopped at the Stop sign! I said, "Yes, sir, I did."

COP: "Are you sure? Because it didn't look to me like you did".

ME: "Yes, sir. Absolutely."

COP: "Huh. If you ask me, you were going too fast to have stopped."

ME: "I stopped, rocked back, put it in 1st and pulled out."

COP: "OK, then. Be sure you do."

ME: "Yes, sir. I will."

And then he walked away. Didn't even look at my license, registration or insurance! I think this guy lives in my neighborhood and was on his way in to work. Sheesh. The way this intersection is set up, where I was stopped at the limit line I couldn't even see him. He was just arriving at his side of the intersection when I was about halfway through the turn. There's no way he could have seen whether or not I had made a complete stop. But I did. I really did--this time.

Rob
I'm not too suprised about this type of activity given the DuPont/Ft. Lewis area. I would have expected that behavior from the DuPont police rather than WSP but I guess there are over-zealous Troopers too. Tumwater (WA) police are another example of over-zealous officers. Most all of them have the uber-tactical look like shaved heads, sunglasses and appar to spend all of their off-hours at local gyms.

Bogus is right about reporting heavy-handed acts by some LEO's. Here in WA, the WSP is very serious about how their Troopers act and how they treat the public.

I did just that a number of years ago. I was on my way to work one day driving on I-5 when a WSP car passed me doing a good 100+ with no lights or siren and weaving in and out of traffic.

When I exeited the freeway the patrol car was there waiting for a light so I rolled my window down and honked at the two Tropper inside. I asked them why they were going so fast with no lights and then simply exited the freeway. The guy in the passengetr seat told me that he didn't think they needed a reason to go fast.

So I took the plate number and called the WSP Headquarters and reported what I saw and what was said to me. Two weeks later I get a phone call from an Assistant Chief of the WSP who told me that the two troopers were called into the Chief's office, got absolutely hammered by him and their actions went on their permanent records. Turned out they were late for a meeting!

He askd me if I wanted a personal apology from them both in front of the WSP Chief. I said no and the fact that the incident was handled was enough at that point.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:36 PM
kdf1986
Safety Car

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

I put my front license plate on just for the reason of this thread. I dont need any extra reasons to give the police to pull me over. Without a license plate, they could pull me over just because they can.

With a front license plate on, I figured I removed some of the possibility for added agravation.

kdf
Old 04-16-2007, 01:43 PM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
So I took the plate number and called the WSP Headquarters and reported what I saw and what was said to me. ...
I called in on a San Luis Obispo Police unit before and reported his erratic driving to dispatch. Weaving through city traffic, no lights/siren, cutting off me and other cars and running a red light. I followed him to see where he was going, and got his car number. Dispatch said they would have a chat with him.

You know damn sure he'd have pulled me over if I was driving like that.

He was headed to the local taco shop.

So few people probably call this stuff in, that I bet they take it pretty seriously when one actually does, especially if you're not the first to report the guy.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:07 PM
dchildress
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
If he was smart he could've wrote me up for numerous violations, no front plate, illegal tint, etc. Totally off guard. He didn't look so tough then, I guess he didn't have enough time to put on his game face.

You have a good point Coaster. I know my tint is illegal, my taillight covers (when I run them) are illegal, and my horn does not blow so I do my fair share of hustling when I get pulled over. In my area of Kentucky cops were cracking down on lowered cars and lifted trucks. If a cop wanted to be a real jerk, he could write me for improper equipment for the tint, the lowering, & the covers.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:14 PM
PBnf
Racer

If he lives in your neighborhood you should try and bump into him when he's not at work. Then try and gage if he thinks he's the neighborhood cop. If he is, I'd tell him he's just a cop and not the mayor.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Repzard
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He just wanted to check out your Vette
Old 04-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Teddydog
Instructor

Sorry, guys, I didn't mean to post this and then disappear.

I'm not really that pissed about this, it just rubbed me the wrong way. I know that cops have a difficult job and I'm not knocking them in general. Since he didn't (really COULDN'T, the way the intersection is layed out) see whether or not I had stopped , he should have assumed that I had. NOT the other way around.

Rob
Old 04-17-2007, 08:10 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Nosey bastard. You should've pulled your gun on him and made him dance.
Perfect response!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Road Agent
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 04-17-2007, 08:30 PM
nitecruizer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sort of reminds me of a police story. The car made a Texas Stop (just slowed down real slow) and continued on. The Police Officer stopped him and told him of the violation. The motorist could not understand what the problem was. The Police Officer politely told him several times but the motorist could not understand what the problem was, after all he had slowed down. The Police Officer drew his baton and started wacking the motorist over the head and said "Do you want me to slow down, or STOP" Immediately the motorist understood what the Officer was trying to tell him and said "STOP">

CRUIZER
Old 04-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Repzard
Safety Car

Originally Posted by davidnclearlaketx

You got that right!
X2

A lot of those out here in Mass.
And the great thing is when they try to race my Cobalt SS\SC
I love laughing at them as i fly by them.

Honda-h are torqueless and slow as S*** and they think they're fast because they add a big *** wing and a FART CAN ...PSSSZZZZZZ -Fart ...

I guess they dont know about the Cobalt SS\SC too much whats under the hood .... Chevy is taking over the TUNER market now

I put Gas in my car not RICE

Ps i got hasseled already in my Cobalt because of these POS honda-h
So i agree with poster of thread cops hassel you because of the car you drive

my .002

Last edited by Repzard; 04-17-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:10 AM
jhammons01
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

sheesh! Ha!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:09 AM
ruffneckxx
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

There are two cops that live across from me in my apartment complex. A townie and a sheriff. No worries, everyone in town knows my car because it wakes up half the town when it starts (small town). I'm just glad there's a couple other c4's around to throw off the fuzz. Seriously, though....anyone dumb enough to speed or some other moving violation in a small town in the south deserves a ticket
Old 04-18-2007, 05:02 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Anyone with that for an avatar deserves a ticket.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:03 AM
McKVette
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Teddydog
I took the Corvette out today and when I was coming home, I got pulled over. I was in my neighborhood and stopped at a Stop sign, then turned left. As I was going through the turn, a State Patrol cruiser arrived at the intersection on my left. I saw that he was eyeballing me as I went past him. Of course, when I saw him turn around in my rear-view mirror, I knew he was going to pull me over.

I thought for sure he was going to hit me up for no front plate. Instead, he walked up and ASKED me if I had stopped at the Stop sign! I said, "Yes, sir, I did."

COP: "Are you sure? Because it didn't look to me like you did".

ME: "Yes, sir. Absolutely."

COP: "Huh. If you ask me, you were going too fast to have stopped."

ME: "I stopped, rocked back, put it in 1st and pulled out."

COP: "OK, then. Be sure you do."

ME: "Yes, sir. I will."

And then he walked away. Didn't even look at my license, registration or insurance! I think this guy lives in my neighborhood and was on his way in to work. Sheesh. The way this intersection is set up, where I was stopped at the limit line I couldn't even see him. He was just arriving at his side of the intersection when I was about halfway through the turn. There's no way he could have seen whether or not I had made a complete stop. But I did. I really did--this time.

Rob
When I had mine(had 2 from age 18 to 23) I found as long as I wasn't doing anything wrong.... They(and I really don't like cops...no offense officers in here, just how i've been treated in the past)

Like I was saying I've been pulled over for slightly over the speedlimit where the cop actually admired the car, and said "I'm sure its hard to keep this thing under the speed limit" and let me go (only happend 1time)

Allthough when I was younger, and use to drive more.....lets say "harder" when I'd get pulled over they would do the calculation of

Young + Vette = I hate you and am going to give you every ticket I can

I was up to 13 points in 2003, all in one year!

Now I'm at ZERO O oooooo Yeaaaa

What I hated more was being "younger" and getting the "whats that your daddy's car" or "did your daddy buy that for you"

Where in reality I busted my tail to pay for the car myself...

my .02

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette = Please hassle me

Old 04-18-2007, 08:18 AM
silver86
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 04-18-2007, 12:29 PM
ruffneckxx
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

No love for the Hoff
Old 04-18-2007, 12:44 PM
84number2083
Pro

Originally Posted by kdf1986
I put my front license plate on just for the reason of this thread. I dont need any extra reasons to give the police to pull me over. Without a license plate, they could pull me over just because they can.

With a front license plate on, I figured I removed some of the possibility for added agravation.

kdf
That CAN work the other way for you though....a few years ago I was stopped by a cop in the village for speeding (I think I was probably going around 40 in a 30 just exiting the 30mph zone). The cop was pretty friendly so after he ran my license and registration he came back to the car and asked if I had painted it because the reg. said black and the car was/is grey. I told him it was the original color and the reg. was wrong (which it is) and took the opportunity to ask if he could "give me a break....sir?". He said "too late, I've already started writing the ticket and I don't see any other violations". I said "um, I don't have a front plate".....he walked around to the front of the car then said "I'll be right back". I thought...oh no, is he going to give me 2 tickets now or did I get lucky?.....well, he came back with a ticket for no front plate...a $25 fine! woohoooooo! I thanked him multiple times for that ticket!

Quick Reply: Corvette = Please hassle me