1985 Third brake light?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Nazgul1010
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 Third brake light?

Hello all!
I am in the middle of making a number of changes to my 85. Bumper upgrade and interior color change included. Before I decided to upgrade the bumpers I purchased a third "high" mount style brake for 86 and up cars with grommet,rubber seat etc....with the intention of using that....I have sort of given up on that now that I have one to install in the new 96 bumper I have. I was working on changing the carpet yesterday when behind the passenger seat, just behind the retainer for the roof I saw just below where the halo trim is a two wire and empty connector just sitting there. Does anyone know what this is for? Could it be an early provision for the brake light to come in 1986? I have covered it over now and I have been considering how I will generate the signal for the new brake light. Anyone with an 86 or newer who has had his halo trim off remember seeing any wiring in there? I couldnt think at the time what it might have been for and am thinking I might be able to use it for my extra light location. Thanks in advance for any input anyone can provide.
One other quick question.....with the gas door up, looking down into the rubber boot that has the fill tube coming through should there be any gas tank visible?, Or should that boot be the only thing you can see? I can see a sticker on the tank that says "briskin" on it. When the new bumper goes on could this be adjusted with I am assuming straps that hold the tank in place? Thanks again all.....
Geoff

Quick Reply: 1985 Third brake light?