C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Messed up BIG TIME!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:41 AM
enilator
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Messed up BIG TIME!!

OK, so this weekend I was trying to take off the bellhousing and the damn Clutch Fork Pivot Ball would not come loose. It finally ended up striping and I had to take the cut off wheel to the old throwout bearing. When i finally get it cut to where the bellhousing will come off and get it off I now have a new dilemma. I cant get the Clutch fork off........Well i try and take the cut off wheel to the ball stud inside the bellhousing but it only gets like halfway through it before I bottom out and the cut off wheel can not reach any further in. AHHHHHHH So i try and try to come up with a way to get it out but I had no other means or even thoughts of how it could be done without messing up the fork. So at this point, without knowing made the stupid mistake of cutting the fork in half so i could get the pivot ball out. OMG i wish i would of looked at the price of those things before i made that mistake. WHY are they soooo expensive?? So im thinking i would put an add for a used one on the forum and get a used one but I have had no replies. I take it there is not alot of spares for these. I just cant believe these things cost $150. Is there anywhere that is cheaper? Thanks in advance for any help!!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:23 AM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 202 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

www.vette2vette.com or www.comtemporarycorvette.com or just google corvette salvage yards.
You should be able to save at least 50% buying used.

Quick Reply: Messed up BIG TIME!!