Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Don't know if I should keep or sale.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 11:05 AM
ineVETTEable
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeez, I think you guys are over analyzing. What a woman SAYS and what a woman WANTS are entirely 2 different things. What a woman SAYS and what a woman MEANS ..what a woman ASKS and what she wants to HEAR…(see above) One has got to learn the fine art of mind reading. This can only be done thru time and experience, trial and error. (guess work) Honey I thought you meant….

BTW FWIW, The wife’s reads like a comic book.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:50 PM
RRT vette
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, it's been two or three days now without looking, touching, or talking about the vettes. Everything seems to be going good, for now. We will see how long this lasts. I think I'm having withdrawals or DT's.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Sunstroked
Melting Slicks

Received 146 Likes on 114 Posts

Good luck to ya. Sooner or later you'll figure out how to compromise. Or not. I sold a camaro I had for 12 yrs when I was a younger man with 3 young kids, helped to buy a mini van and a used Honda Interceptor. I've always had hobbies just had to curtail them a bit and tried to bring the kids into them. It worked to a point. To this day my wife and I do not share any real hobbies together. It does'nt bother me any, kids are grown and gone. I have my vette, and she wont ride in it. It keeps the passenger side spotless. But she actually bought it for me because she knew I really wanted one. By the way she didnt care for either of my camaros I had when we met, or the jeep. And I still married her. 24 yrs later were still married, although the new house we just built knocked us about a bit, but thats another story.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:15 AM
mike's vett
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not a problem at all pay the child maintenance fees
and keep the cars
Old 08-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunstroked
although the new house we just built knocked us about a bit, but thats another story.
oh boy. see what i mean guys? not a knock on you, but the truth of the matter is that all too often a woman will ensure that you're working longer that you want to (ie, can't retire when you wanted) because the killer mortgage payments have to be made. this is a generalization but nonetheless true -- the single guy gets to make his own calls, marrieds cannot, and the person who's typically the driver in the decision for that big-ticket big house is the woman. i don't plan on not being able to retire until i'm 85, thank you very much.

Last edited by Red Tornado; 08-12-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:00 PM
redwing76
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Rod 90
oh boy. see what i mean guys? not a knock on you, but the truth of the matter is that all too often a woman will ensure that you're working longer that you want to (ie, can't retire when you wanted) because the killer mortgage payments have to be made. this is a generalization but nonetheless true -- the single guy gets to make his own calls, marrieds cannot, and the person who's typically the driver in the decision for that big-ticket big house is the woman. i don't plan on not being able to retire until i'm 85, thank you very much.
Brad, I retired at 45. Grey hair = no hire.
Its wierd man, you get a few years on ya and its into the trash with your application.

I know its illegal, but its done everyday.
After you cannot find a job, it dons on ya that you never needed one in the 1st place.

Working people are so busy working that they dont have time to make money.
Ya come home burnt, pop a beer, watch the tube and crash.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:15 PM
DisasterDave
Pro

Call me a p---y, whatever, but usually, USUALLY there will be some validity to a woman's argument. What would I do? I'd sell one of 'em, be mindful to her complaint, touch base on each of her points, i.e. spending a little more time/attention with her and the kids, etc. Search for a halfway point, step over it just a little bit onto her side, and once you've done that, she just might even endorse the time you want to spend with the remaing two Vettes. It's an old Dale Carnagie technique, that guy is/was a flipping genius.

DD
Old 08-12-2007, 05:00 PM
redwing76
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DisasterDave
Call me a p---y, whatever, but usually, USUALLY there will be some validity to a woman's argument. What would I do? I'd sell one of 'em, be mindful to her complaint, touch base on each of her points, i.e. spending a little more time/attention with her and the kids, etc. Search for a halfway point, step over it just a little bit onto her side, and once you've done that, she just might even endorse the time you want to spend with the remaing two Vettes. It's an old Dale Carnagie technique, that guy is/was a flipping genius.

DD
You gotta be kidding?
You can validate a woman's arguement?
When you cave in where will it stop?

"Mom's coming to live with us"?
Tune them out early, its a lot easier.
My ex-wife (thank God) wanted a piano to teach the kid how to play.
I said no, where will I keep my Harley?

We compromised, she keep the piano right behind my panhead.
The kid today can't play the piano but he can ride a Harley.

I' have never ever listened to a woman in my life.
My God man, were men, American men, not some French weasel.

You can't teach a man to be an American man if they listen to women.
The worst thing you can hear when you're selling a man's car is, "I have to ask my wife".

If they had it thier way we'd sit down to ****.
Buck up man, be an American man, park the hog in the living room and clean the Mac-10 on the dining room table.

What is this country becoming?
Were men, act like one.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:29 PM
DisasterDave
Pro

Ok. Easy now. I guess if your idea of being a "man" is forcing your will upon your spouse and completely neglecting your obligations to "love and to cherish", replacing it with "neglect and to completely disregard and persue selfish things" , then I'll go on being a "french" weenie. Thanks for the advice though, it does sound a little reminiscint of Jackie Gleason in the Honeymooners, kinda entertaining. p.s. I hate the French too, we do agree on something. All in good fun.

DD
Old 08-12-2007, 06:29 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

redwing76
Old 08-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Troy.Blackburn
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't read all the replies, so if this is redundant I apologize... I've got a 64 Coupe, 69 Coupe, 77 (they only made coupes), 90 L98 & 90 ZR-1... Ok well the truth is I have a second 69 Coupe as well, but it needs to be restored or parted out.

Oh ya, back to the point...

In my case I have found that... if I make sure and do things that "offset" the vette obsession I don't get so much head about it. For example, where money is concerned the household always comes first. Also being generous with you wife/girfriend definately helps. Example, my girlfriend (of many years, might as well be married) had always dreamed of owning a 3000GT, so when she was away on a business trip one time, I bought one for her. Sure that took a bunch of money out of my vette budget, but then I've NEVER been asked to give up any of my vettes either.

Good Luck
Old 08-12-2007, 07:12 PM
redwing76
Le Mans Master

Ok. Easy now. I guess if your idea of being a "man" is forcing your will upon your spouse and completely neglecting your obligations to "love and to cherish", replacing it with "neglect and to completely disregard and persue selfish things" , then I'll go on being a "french" weenie. Thanks for the advice though, it does sound a little reminiscint of Jackie Gleason in the Honeymooners, kinda entertaining. p.s. I hate the French too, we do agree on something. All in good fun.

DD
Dude, I'm just ****in ya.
You know they're a pain in azz.
That luv and cherish shizt doesn't mean nothin to them.
If it wasn't for the fuzzy visa they would all be downtown begging.
Were all in the same boat.
Congrats on the Wrangler, love those cars.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:16 PM
DisasterDave
Pro

Originally Posted by redwing76
Dude, I'm just ****in ya.
You know they're a pain in azz.
That luv and cherish shizt doesn't mean nothin to them.
If it wasn't for the fuzzy visa they would all be downtown begging.
Were all in the same boat.
Congrats on the Wrangler, love those cars.
Cheers. We're all a bunch of Al Bundy's underneath it all aren't we? I alwas thought it would be cool to be married to a lesbian. At least there would be one thing we could have in common. That don't make a lick of sense, but it's still pretty funny.

dd
Old 08-12-2007, 11:12 PM
redwing76
Le Mans Master

Cheers. We're all a bunch of Al Bundy's underneath it all aren't we? I alwas thought it would be cool to be married to a lesbian. At least there would be one thing we could have in common. That don't make a lick of sense, but it's still pretty funny.

dd
Old 08-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,318 Likes on 757 Posts

dd

Old 08-20-2007, 10:21 AM
VR'92
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03

Been there, done that Dusty.

Believe me, the happiest day of my wifes life was the day you bought my 92.

Ok, maybe not the happiest but it was close.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:33 PM
rickneworleansla
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Family should always come first but everyone should have a hobby or some down time from everything else just to stay sane. Sometimes the things in life we enjoy make the other things more bearable. A hobby can be really good therapy and make the time you spend with your family much more enjoyable. I think limiting the number of Corvette's isn't that bad of an idea especially if you feel it may be an obsession or taking up too much of your time. Remember to balance your time with family, work, and the hobby. Try to take a unbiased look at it from someone else's perspective. Do you then think you are spending too much time on one thing or the other? I would keep the best pick out of the group of Vettes and consider selling the others if it is becoming a problem. IMO

Quick Reply: Don't know if I should keep or sale.