C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

User name = gsuuod; 94,C4, LT1 fuel pump install question

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 01:31 PM
gsuuod
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default User name = gsuuod; 94,C4, LT1 fuel pump install question

I have seen "threads" telling how easy it is to install a fuel pump (mine involves a 94-LT1), unfortunately I got mine from mamotorworks and it is an AC Delco which has the same difficult, (drain and remove the entire tank, etc.!). Can anyone help me with my quandry, possibly sending on the easier instructions via this forum or my E-mail which is fgmjr@comcast.net and/or phone number in Atlanta is 770-498-4325. I will really appreciate any assistance anyone can render; one such thread I saw was from Stephen from Plano, Texas stating the ease of this project. HELP!

Jerry Mulderick - fgmjr@comcast.net

Last edited by gsuuod; 04-18-2008 at 01:33 PM. Reason: sppelling
Old 04-18-2008, 05:46 PM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the easy way is to go where you fill your gas. I believe you just need to remove the boot and pull the pump from the gas tank. I will let someone else give you better details.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:46 PM
DVNCI
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

http://www.blowerworks.net/download/GSS340IG.pdf
Old 04-19-2008, 03:10 AM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just take out the 4 torks or phillips head screws from the square lid that holds the gas tank door inplace,then the black boot .Remember to remove the gas cap.Remove the fuel lines,if you can find a set of long nose pliers that have a half cup on each side it would make the job easier when you are removing the 3 fuel hoses.I bought my long nose pliers in a set at COSCO.Remove the #10 metric bolts around the primeter and remove the top and when you are pulling out the sending unit lean it to the left so the float clears the opening.Unplug the wires and pull it out the rest of the way .Don't play with the wires outside the tank those are sealed and not to be removed.Replace your fuel pump and filter sock and just slide the pulsator on and back in place replace the wires and do the reverse.

Get notified of new replies

To User name = gsuuod; 94,C4, LT1 fuel pump install question

Quick Reply: User name = gsuuod; 94,C4, LT1 fuel pump install question