C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

94 wipers failed

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 05:59 PM
JRS 94
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 94 wipers failed

Got caught in the rain and was happy to find out that my wipers no longer work. Anyway, 30amp fuse is good, cleaned connectors, still nothing, no wipers, no washer, everything else is fine. Manual says check for juice at terminal B, it is dead. I would think if something was shorted it would take the fuse out. Other thing to note is I just had the trans down for a converter swap but I doubt there is a connection between the two. Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 06-29-2008, 06:14 PM
3D-Aircrew
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 146 Likes on 113 Posts

Default Sounds like an open connection somewhere

The switch is on the driver door on mine. Whereever it is on yours I'd start there.

Wiggle the wires to the switch, jiggle the swtich note any life to the wipes.

The FSM should have a diagram so you can check with a test light where and where not you have power.

Find the relay and tap it with a screwdriver handle. Might be stuck open.

Also ask someone to listen close to the wiper motor...does it make any straining noise?

Good luck.

Last edited by 3D-Aircrew; 06-29-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:56 PM
JRS 94
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been working from the manual, There is power to the appropriate wires for low, delay and high. Starting to think its time for a new motor and cover. Doesn't look too bad to do.
Wish I understood the 3 connectors, top goes to washer, next on passenger side is power and speed from switch stalk, and the bottom is motor power and ground? need a simple schematic. Or proof of C1 C2 C3 and what they do. Wire colors don't appear to be correct.

Get notified of new replies

To 94 wipers failed

Quick Reply: 94 wipers failed