Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Window Washing Trick....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Wathen1955
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I did not receive any either, but in an email reply, they told me to go to the web site for instructions. Not a big deal, but a simple small piece of paper with the link to the web site would be nice.

Still impressed with the cloths. Glad I bought some.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:33 AM
Firewalker11
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wathen1955
Yeah I did not receive any either, but in an email reply, they told me to go to the web site for instructions. Not a big deal, but a simple small piece of paper with the link to the web site would be nice.

Still impressed with the cloths. Glad I bought some.
Mine did come with directions but I ordered mine from another site. Same prices.

I doubted that they would work as advertised. I just used them on my Cadillac CTS that just came back from the body shop (imagine the dust). These ultimate cloths worked as advertised. Zero streaks even though I did a really fast wipe down. My son even asked me if I had my window down as they were that clean!

I bought 2 initially, think I will buy a few more. On a side note, they don't look like much, really, almost like a folded paper towel but it isn't paper and it definitely works as advertised!
Old 03-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Richard Raichert
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Windshield wonder

My wife bought me this to clean the inside of our windshield on our deeply raked Honda Civic! Has microfiber bonnet on swivel handle. Came with extra washable bonnet and a spray bottle to slightly dampen the fiber and it works great. You had to be a contortonist to clean the windshield before but with the swivel head it works great. She bought it at a "As seen on tv" retail outlet for $12.

Last edited by Richard Raichert; 03-19-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:37 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by Firewalker11
Mine did come with directions but I ordered mine from another site. Same prices.

I doubted that they would work as advertised. I just used them on my Cadillac CTS that just came back from the body shop (imagine the dust). These ultimate cloths worked as advertised. Zero streaks even though I did a really fast wipe down. My son even asked me if I had my window down as they were that clean!

I bought 2 initially, think I will buy a few more. On a side note, they don't look like much, really, almost like a folded paper towel but it isn't paper and it definitely works as advertised!
Thanks again for the order!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Williamlindsey
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default paddle

i have one of these and love it you dont have to reach and contort to clean the windows
Originally Posted by Richard Raichert
My wife bought me this to clean the inside of our windshield on our deeply raked Honda Civic! Has microfiber bonnet on swivel handle. Came with extra washable bonnet and a spray bottle to slightly dampen the fiber and it works great. You had to be a contortonist to clean the windshield before but with the swivel head it works great. She bought it at a "As seen on tv" retail outlet for $12.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:03 PM
bizaro
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

It is completely reusable and washable. This is one of the best inventions since the paper towel and lasts forever (5 year guarantee).

Why do I need 5 if they last forever?

I also found a 5 towel minimum.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:41 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by bizaro
It is completely reusable and washable. This is one of the best inventions since the paper towel and lasts forever (5 year guarantee).

Why do I need 5 if they last forever?

I also found a 5 towel minimum.
You can order 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 12, 20, 50, up to you. We sell 5 more than anything. Most guys keep one in their Vette, one in the shop, one in the kitchen, etc, etc. Many, many uses. Please don't knock the product if you haven't tried it.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 489 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Raichert
I told my wife that is one thing I would buy...but never did. cleaning the windshield is a pita.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:06 PM
cormorant71
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CREWZIN
None with my order too.
No instructions in mine either. These are good to clean with, after I use them, i like to "buff" the windshield with some blue shop rags (heavy duty paper towels) that really takes off the film/streaks, and just about anything else.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:01 PM
rocco16
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 129 Posts

Wow. It's like deja vu all over again.........
Old 11-30-2014, 04:55 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by rocco16
Wow. It's like deja vu all over again.........
Old 02-18-2015, 10:05 PM
NoTyme
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put 5 of these in my cart but there is a shipping charged attached... I thought shipping was free???

I reread the thread!!! Purchased anyways. Sorry!!!

Last edited by NoTyme; 02-18-2015 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Soulevoker
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a set of Opti-cloths, Regular Cloths, and a "Bad Boy", which is made big to clean your car/boat/RV. I can personally vouch for these cloths, and I might make a video, because I couldn't find any real good videos online.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:49 AM
richauto
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ed Ramberger
Just go to Target or WalMart and buy microfiber cloths - cheap and can be used for windows, computer screens, mirrors etc
I agree just mist the window and use microfiber also a little spray wax on the outside is a good idea
Old 03-30-2016, 06:36 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 218 Likes on 172 Posts

This reply will not be welcome by the OP, but this suggestion may be the answer to clean windows:

Buy a gallon bottle of liquid soap ($2), which will make about 20 gallons+ of useable soapy water.

Brush soapy water on glass to remove residue.

Squeegee the soapy water from glass. No need to wipe.

Watch any professional window cleaner..... all he uses is a cleaner, squeegee, and a towel to wipe squeegee clean after each pass.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:53 AM
ddahlgren
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

If you are or previous owner was a smoker white vinegar cuts just about anything.
The following users liked this post:
BubbaKahuna (08-09-2019)
Old 09-27-2016, 04:58 PM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

Received 493 Likes on 364 Posts

Happy customer, here. A couple of comments, can't over emphasize how dry they need to be to work best. I don't think you can get 'em dry enough just wringing. I roll 'em up in a paper towel then fold 'em in quarters and put 'em in a pint Ziploc.

I live in a area with hard water. When I wash mine by hand I do a final rinse and wring in distilled water

These aren't micro-fiber in the conventional sense. They have the feel of stiff paper

Get notified of new replies

To Window Washing Trick....

Old 03-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Buick350X
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

For exterior [ not for interior with plastic tint ] 0000 steel wool is the best window cleaner you will ever get. Its like clay bar for paint. You may think the window is clean but its not. You will feel when its really clean as it will glide like a wet butt on ice.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:44 PM
rocco16
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Heck it even wiped off the window sticker glue (my new 09 Z06 that I am so proud of )without any effort.
Your eight-year old Corvette still has the glue from the window sticker on it???

Last edited by rocco16; 10-18-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:24 PM
BillDurant
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Windoes

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
If you are like me, washing the windows inside your Vette (or any other car for that matter) is the biggest pain in the butt of the whole cleaning process. There is always that damn film that builds up on the inside of the windows that you do not notice until 12am at night when you are driving home from a party and the oncoming car headlight about blind you because of the film build up on the windows. You tell yourself at that late hour, "damn, I really need to clean the windows". You go home go to bed, wake up the next morning and forget all about the promise you made to yourself about the window cleaning (until the next night drive).

Anyway, I had a customer of mine purchase an exhaust system and he told me about this new Myra Fiber cloth that makes cleaning windows a breeze. Simply slightly dampen it, and wipe....streak free, crystal clear window with no sprays or streaks. Oh, and it lasts forever and is washable. Assuming it was probably a gimmick, I figured I would give it a try....

All I can say is WOW...this thing REALLY does works!!! It wipes your windows perfectly clean. Heck it even wiped off the window sticker glue (my new 09 Z06 that I am so proud of )without any effort.

Guy's, this is not a Gimmick...You are missing the boat if you do not use this handy little towel to clean your windows. It works as advertised, if not better. No more glass cleaner over spray on my dash, ever!!!

I promise you, this will be the best $6 bucks you EVER spent.

They are so good, I immediately purchased a 100 of them, and have them ready to ship out. Order below

The Ultimate Cloth

Order above

Trust me on this one........Just order the darn thing !!!! you will want to personally call and thank me after using it!

Jim Vose
Just Ordered One

Quick Reply: Window Washing Trick....