C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Video: spirited drive in the vette!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 12:51 PM
cwyates4
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Midnight 85
Do you have a link to that module? I'd like to at least check it out. If you remember, mine was running great after replacing the MAF. The last week or so it's been showing some of the old signs again so today I checked it all out per the FSM and it is defective and has been for some time apparently. No codes whatsoever either.
Never mind, I found it, the seller is talking BOM but has an ECM in the picture so I don't know what he's actually selling.
Yeah, thats why I didn't want to give you the link...too many loose ends.

Thanks Polo, it does get good traction. 11" MT et streets seem to do the trick!

I'm thinking a 150 shot and a better launch at the track should produce 10s with ease. 4.10s in the rear instead of the 3.45s would probably help too.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:54 PM
aboatguy
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Speed cameras in Jasper Texas, wow that sucks.

Sounds like you have a decent engine.
I make my runs deeper in the sticks IOT avoid; people, cameras and the mobile tax collectors.

I wish you luck with the speed camera.

Mike
Old 10-05-2008, 08:02 PM
cwyates4
Melting Slicks

Mike, the road I was when I did the launch is the most deserted road around. Its suprised the mess out of me to see a camera there. I understand though, tons of people go flying down that road daily as a shortcut, and there are burnout marks everywhere, but they aren't from me...

Oh well, it was fun, and now i know a decent baseline for 0-60 and 0-100 times, and they look good! Now I gotta get this thing on the juice and get to a track!
Old 10-05-2008, 08:45 PM
96polovette
Drifting

Originally Posted by cwyates4
Mike, the road I was when I did the launch is the most deserted road around. Its suprised the mess out of me to see a camera there. I understand though, tons of people go flying down that road daily as a shortcut, and there are burnout marks everywhere, but they aren't from me...
They aren't from you, yeah sure they aren't.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:10 PM
aboatguy
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cwyates4

Oh well, it was fun, and now i know a decent baseline for 0-60 and 0-100 times, and they look good! Now I gotta get this thing on the juice and get to a track!
I drive to another state for my deserted road; however, considering the size of Texas that can't be an option for you!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:43 AM
C4happy
Instructor

There is nothing like a chevy small block at 6k man that sounded good, Keep up the good work and stay away for Houston I remember when you got you car stolen that could have been tragic with all the time and money lost
Old 10-08-2008, 12:38 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

You ever cruise down 87 out of burkville? It's a great winding road. I'm hoping to make that cruise when I'm in town during christmas...that is if the heater is working in the vette by then.

Quick Reply: Video: spirited drive in the vette!