Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Opinions Wanted: LT4 vs. C5

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:26 AM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Well I can honestly say that as far as driving, I love the way you sit in the C4. It feels like a big go kart. When you slide into the drivers seat it is as though you are sliding into a cockpit. Now I don't recall if you mentioned if the car will be your daily driver or not. If it is, I would definitely go for the C5. And as mentioned, you can get 29-31 mpg in the C5. As for parts, well the C5 is more reliable in some aspects and less in others. Make sure to check and see if it has some of the dreaded problems that plagued C5s such as the ABS/TCS problem, headlight gears, Oil Pressure sensor problem, rocking seat, CLB, etc. On the C4 things were actually fun to work on but that is because it wasn't my daily driver and therefore I had time to work on it when needed.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:21 PM
sampaschal
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have owned both. They are just different cars completely. The LT4 always seems to have more "guts". Is the C5 a 6 speed and how will you drive the car, that would go a long ways in making up my mind. If I had to have just one of the two it would probably be the C5. More comfort and technically better engine. I have always been partial to the LT4 because of its exclusivity in the Vette family. Its is a truly unique car. I presently own a Z51 LT4 it is a bit rough to ride in, but it halls butt and attracts a lot of attention when the rest of the world is in their C5s or C6s...and with just 15K miles, its like new. You can't make a bad choice if both the cars are in good mechanical condition and cosmetically pleasing.

Quick Reply: Opinions Wanted: LT4 vs. C5