Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Anyone dealt with Corvette Shop and Supply, Tampa?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 11:03 AM
Daleford
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Anyone dealt with Corvette Shop and Supply, Tampa?

What is the word on these guys? I am possibly interested in one of two cars they have n stock, but they won't get back to me! I have provided tel. number, fax and e-mail!! :confused:
Old 03-27-2002, 12:33 PM
Springer's LT4
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corvette Shop and Supply, Tampa? (Daleford)

Almost all of their cars have rebuilt titles on them. I've dealt with them on parts and some minor repairs, but I would look else where if I was buying a car.
Old 03-27-2002, 03:18 PM
BiZ
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corvette Shop and Supply, Tampa? (Springer's 95)

I would look else where if I was buying a car
I concur. Just take a gander out back behind the place. That alone should make your decision. As for parts, they got a lot of parts.
Old 03-27-2002, 05:29 PM
Daleford
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corvette Shop and Supply, Tampa? (Springer's 95)

Oh, I don't mind a rebuilt title, and actually expect it on a damaged car. This is to be a poor man's Corvette.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:04 PM
ModRed405
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Little story....
I'm new to the Tampa area and I pass this place every day on my way to work, so I stop in to see what this place is all about. I'm thinking about putting high-pollished wheels on my 01 coupe instead of the standard wheels, and maybe they have them. First, it's very trashy inside - made a mental to never to buy anything there unless it's absolutely necesary. But that is kind of a side issue. Well, i'm inside checking the cars out and apparently a customer was very politely trying to return something (I can't recall what). Whoever the middle-aged guy was that worked there had to be the rudest, most unprofessional person I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED in my life! His language was profane to say the least and his attitude was literally unbelievable. I can't understand how peolpe like this stay in business. I know he wasn't "the owner" because he kept telling the customer to get the **** out and come back when the owner is in. I got the hell out of there and would NEVER buy ANYTHING from those guys. I;m nvere even going in there again.

my $.02
Old 03-27-2002, 08:05 PM
MY 95
Team Owner

CI 2-3-4-5-6-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

yep, i looked at a few cars there but they were all rebuilt
Old 03-28-2002, 03:38 PM
GSDreamin'
Safety Car

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corvette Shop and Supply, Tampa? (My 95)

I travel to Tampa qiute often on business. If this is the place on Dale Mabrey, then I've been in there a bunch of times. I'd be very hesitant to give them any money for a car, they don't seem to be 'into' the business. I've often wondered how they stay in business.

And, as the post said above, the friggin' place is trashed. For a business that deals with 'high-end' American made sports cars, they don't send a very good first impression.
Old 03-29-2002, 08:57 AM
Daleford
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corvette Shop and Supply, Tampa? (GSDreamin')

Thanks to all for their responses, all of which seem negative, but it's better to know the whole story. :smash:
My little story: I was travelling from West Palm to Eastern Canada and dropped into their shop. Mr Personality said they had 2 of what I was looking for comming in soon. When I returned to Canada, I sent him an e-mail for further information.---- No response.
I then phoned and was told 1 car was not in yet, phone back next week. I did, the additional car was in but he had no particulars on it. I suggested that I make up a check list and fax it down. He said he would fill it in and return it promptly, as I explained that I knew of an auto transport compant that was leaving Tampa on the 28 th. To this date no response.
I can't believe it, I told him I wanted to buy one of those cars! If they show this much enthusiasm before I send the money, what are they going to act like after they get it!

CORVETTE SHOP AND SUPPLY ---- BAD
Old 04-03-2013, 11:59 PM
vettekid81
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Nothing but GREAT Things

Wow, this thread was 2002, GREAT News, it is 2013, and Corvette shop and supplies is still running strong.

Look at there website every week, you will see cars come and go, they sell them all the time.

I do not agree with some of the negative comments on, i for one really like corvette shop and supplies.

You decided not buy from them because there showroom is dirty?
We if thats the case, then i sugjest you not go any where.
What i find is the companies that are the best do not have time to worry about the showroom becuase they are to busy doing real work in the back.

let me tell you a a few stories
I just got out of high school, i had a 94 camaro, LOVED corvettes, since the first day me and my dad worked on one as i was a kid. The C5 had come out in 1997 and i really wanted one. I could not afford a new one, a friend of mine gave me the idea of buying a rebuildable one. So i saved for year, sold my camaro. I called dino at dino corvette salvage to bid on one for me through copart. The owner " dino" assured me the car he was bidding on me for was great. Dino tells me the airbags did not deploy, so the frame is not damaged bad, those were his words. Well lets just say that was not the case. You think corvette shop and supplies is bad? Google dinos corvette salvage, see what possibly could be a NEW definition to the word BAD. When i got my 97, it had 30,000 miles on it, yes the airbags were not deployed, but lets say the frame damage was not minor, it was not hit straight on, it was hit at a angle on the passenger side, so it did not crush the sensors in the tbone.
So i was really young, just spent 5 grand getting the vette, bidding, fees and shipping, barley enough to get it fixed. Every company i called told me we do not do that work, its a special way to repair the frame on corvettes, we do not do, or ask me to send them pictures, and the costs over close to $10,000 to fix. So my car sat until i saved up more money, then i moved to tampa, and passed corvette shop and supplies every day. One day i called and spoke with a man named mike, he told me to email him lots of pictures from around the car, so i did. I must have spoken to this man and his wife a dozen times. He tells me ship the car over here, i do not see it being more then a half of what others told me. I figured really under $5,000? everyone else told me twice as much. So i sent it to him, within one week, he called me and said come get your car chris, and bring me some cash, hahaha.
I was so amazed, excited, never owned a corvette of my own, could not WAIT to drive it, when i got there it was FANTASTIC. The car was rebuilt, the body panels were on, you lift ther hook and you would never know it was fixed unless you really spent the time to look. The total, $4,000 !, he helped me redo the title with there business licences to deem the title rebuilt, under $5,000 of what he told me, i had enough to register it, it was great!!
I still own the car, still is my favorite, five years later, almost six, i have had two major problems with the car since, TWO, and both times, mike at corvette shop and supplies help me all the way.
About a year after it was fix, i was parking in parking deck in atlanta, 7am, when to get in the car, and the steering wheel would not unlock, so i called mike, they were not open, it was 6 am there. So i called a tow truck to take me to bill heard chevrolet, people that are familure with bill heard know EXACTLY what i am talking about. Needless to say not a regular tow truck, cost me $100 bucks, then it gets to bill heard, they park it in the corvette" Special" lane, haha. an hour later $85.00 for checking it, then they tell me its a software issue, and i need new software and a new steering column, WHAT!!!!!, $600 they claim, so i called mike, he tells me chris, tow your car home, ill send you what you need. So i told bill heard to go fly a kite, paid the $85.00 and towed the car to my familys house, $65.00. Two days later i get a fedex package, did not pay a THING. Mike tells me install it, and send me the $14.00+ Shipping. I put it in , the " Steering wheel bypass" has worked ever since, mike saved me hundreds.
If you are familiar with Bill heard chevrolet, they had a clear showroom if that is the place you wish to take your car, you could have eaten off the floor. BUT bill heard is now CLOSED, defrauded customers out the back door, feel free to do a search.
The second time i was driving on the interstate, doing 70+, cars behind me riding the wind, haha, and all of a sudden the gass pedal became light, and the car goes in to reduce engine mode, would not let me go over 45mph. Without getting hit, i go over three lanes of traffic and off at the next exit at a gas station.
So i called mike, he tells me it is a bad sensor in your accelerator pedal, drive home and be careful. Ill send you the part, i get the package, its a full gas pedal with the sensor. I put it in and it still to this day, works great!

So basically if you have read this far, corvette shop and supplies, has been good people to me, mike one of the owners, jennifer, mikes wife, family owned. I am not to sure which employee that was cussing with the customer, but it sure was not mike or the people i have dealt with. Mike is honest, dependable and i would trust corvette shop and supplies with my cars any day of the week.
The internet is full of so much garbage and slander these days, when i was searching corvette shop and supplies, it was rumored they were opening another location, i came across this thread, i HAD to add my two cents.
For those of you that was asking " Why they are still in business", if you read this far, THAT IS why they are still in business, eleven years later, haha
Over the years, ive been very happy with there work, and everytime a gas station, or store, people have come up to me, nice car, i wish i could afford one.
I ALWAYS tell them, call mike at corvette shop and supplies, talk to them, be polite, this man will try to help you if you are serious in wanting one.

Its ALWAYS good to keep good business.
Now, i have a c6 rebuildable, i guarentee they will be fixing

If you decide to do business with mike at corvette shop and supplies, tell him chris sent you, haha

Thanks for reading, god bless
Old 04-05-2013, 09:57 PM
vettekid81
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default not sure

Vettething
I do not know any danny, never have met a danny

All i know is, i have had great service from i am certain are the owners.

And will continue to bring my business there.

If some people have had bad service, sorry to hear that.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:37 PM
vettething
Cruising

vettekid. be glad you never met danny. if you did you would no what im talking about. but mike is a very cool guy. we even had a one on one talk about danny. i think mike is the only reason this shop is still around. but glad to here you had a good experience. you are the first person i have ever heard this from.. I hope somone that works there read this post. it go's to show them they need to treat others like they want to be treated. real chevy guys help each other. maybe they should sell ford mustang. and then there attitude will fit there product.

Last edited by vettething; 04-05-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:39 AM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

YOU GUYS REALLY NEED TO READ THE RULES. Dredging up a 11 year old thread is against them. Next time, start a new thread , instead of opening a old one.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...s-or-more.html

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone dealt with Corvette Shop and Supply, Tampa?

Quick Reply: Anyone dealt with Corvette Shop and Supply, Tampa?