Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Cost to replace or repair 96 floor(floor pan?)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 04:51 PM
c4urself
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Floorpan restore

Originally Posted by johno504
go to a marine repair yard. that's a nothing fiberglass fix. It is what they do alllllll day long.

Thanks for the quick reply. Being in a beach community, we have numerous boat shops around. I'll swing by a couple of them and check them out.

Thanks
Tony
Brick, NJ
Old 08-02-2017, 01:53 AM
NJ_Corvette_Kid
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c4urself
Hey,

Sorry to open up an old thread... just curious... what was your result on your floor pan in your Corvette? Did you tackle the job yourself? Did you have a shop do this for you?

I'm in Brick Township, NJ... I've owned my 1985 Corvette since 1988. FINALLY I ripped out the carpets and seats and took a gander at what lies below.

It was not pretty.... after cleaning up the dirt, old matting, glass (from various broken windows thanks to thieves), I see that both driver and passenger side floor pans have cracks and holes... on the driver side, the seatbelt bolt opening (near the center column rear) is completely rusted through... I can put my entire arm through and pick up a wrench on the driveway pavement. This is metal of course and not fiberglass.
So this is something I'd like to have done... and soon...

Should I just go ahead and tackle this myself? or on the other hand, if you had a shop do your, what did you pay?

Thanks
Tony
Brick, NJ
Honestly i can't even remember It was a long time ago. I did get it fixed and i'm pretty sure it was at county corvette as that's the only place I ever take my Vette. However a couple of years ago I sold my LT4 and picked up a 2003 Z06. I don't have any of the documents I did with that car, very sorry! It was not super expensive, however!
Old 08-02-2017, 02:36 AM
c4urself
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1985 Corvette Floor Pan Repair

Originally Posted by NJ_Corvette_Kid
Honestly i can't even remember It was a long time ago. I did get it fixed and i'm pretty sure it was at county corvette as that's the only place I ever take my Vette. However a couple of years ago I sold my LT4 and picked up a 2003 Z06. I don't have any of the documents I did with that car, very sorry! It was not super expensive, however!
Thanks for your reply. Good luck with your Z06.

I've added some images of my ill floor pans..

Although there are many boat repair yards in my area of the Jersey Shore, and as much as we read about everyone who's willing to work... when you actually roll up to these shops, everyone is very quick to turn down the work at hand.
Attached Images      
Old 08-03-2017, 09:27 PM
jpipx
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by c4urself
Hey,

Sorry to open up an old thread... just curious... what was your result on your floor pan in your Corvette? Did you tackle the job yourself? Did you have a shop do this for you?

I'm in Brick Township, NJ... I've owned my 1985 Corvette since 1988. FINALLY I ripped out the carpets and seats and took a gander at what lies below.

It was not pretty.... after cleaning up the dirt, old matting, glass (from various broken windows thanks to thieves), I see that both driver and passenger side floor pans have cracks and holes... on the driver side, the seatbelt bolt opening (near the center column rear) is completely rusted through... I can put my entire arm through and pick up a wrench on the driveway pavement. This is metal of course and not fiberglass.
So this is something I'd like to have done... and soon...

Should I just go ahead and tackle this myself? or on the other hand, if you had a shop do your, what did you pay?

Thanks
Tony
Brick, NJ
If you are good with a welder and can do it, I'd say do it yourself. I had to weld my parking brake assembly back in place. No big deal. If you don't have the equipment or have never done that type of work before then have someone with experience do it for you. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Cost to replace or repair 96 floor(floor pan?)