Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Flooded engine

Old 08-11-2012, 03:34 PM
jiglesias93

Default Flooded engine

So my battery had died last week do to some ****** electrical problems I'm havin with the car. But when I was jumping the car trying to get it started I had been pumping te gas. So I'm assumin the car is flooded now because the battery is fully charged now and it just turns and turns but disnt start. I tried to start everyday for the past week and still nothing What should I check? And if it is flooded how could i fix that?
Old 08-11-2012, 03:41 PM
383vett
CF Senior Member

There is no "carburator pump" to flood the motors on these cars so most likely it is not flooded. If you think it is, crank the motor with the gas pedal to the floor. This is the "clear flood" mode. The motor will turn, the plugs will fire, but the injectors will not add fuel. This will rid the combustion chanber of excess fuel. You need to check if you have spark and fuel.
The Following User Says Thank You to 383vett For This Useful Post:
dickgi (02-11-2019)
Old 08-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Petees Vette

Originally Posted by jiglesias93 View Post
So my battery had died last week do to some ****** electrical problems I'm havin with the car. But when I was jumping the car trying to get it started I had been pumping te gas. So I'm assumin the car is flooded now because the battery is fully charged now and it just turns and turns but disnt start. I tried to start everyday for the past week and still nothing What should I check? And if it is flooded how could i fix that?
Does it turn over. If not might be a lose battery cable my battery neg was lose at ground and was causing my car to not start. I also had a lose temp sensor causing to flood car it was the one on my water pump . I have a 95 . I had to change my oil to there was gas in oil.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Frizlefrak
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 383vett View Post
There is no "carburator pump" to flood the motors on these cars so most likely it is not flooded. If you think it is, crank the motor with the gas pedal to the floor. This is the "clear flood" mode. The motor will turn, the plugs will fire, but the injectors will not add fuel. This will rid the combustion chanber of excess fuel. You need to check if you have spark and fuel.
check fuel pressure and spark. Pumping the pedal on an EFI car will not flood it.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:26 AM
dickgi

I presume that the clear flood mode also works on the C5?
Old 02-11-2019, 11:27 AM
383vett
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by dickgi View Post
I presume that the clear flood mode also works on the C5?

Yup.
The Following User Says Thank You to 383vett For This Useful Post:
dickgi (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 04:21 PM
ghoastrider1
CF Senior Member

haveyou found the problem and get the car started?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flooded engine

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: