Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Has anyone gone from a C6 to a C4?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Beach Bum
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have both a heavily modified C4 and a C6 Z06..... I agree with what most are saying about the C4 ride....it gives you a better road feel for just driving around. (Provided your suspension has seen proper maintenance).... My Z06 will feel like that too, but only under pressure, for normal driving around town there is a small disconnect. The GM Engineers did a lot of things good on the C6.... but they did make the mistake on connecting the driver to the road the way a true sports car should in my opinion.

I personally think the market at some point in the future will see the light on C4's and the prices will start rising back-up.... there is maintenance on older cars like any older car, but nothing is very expensive in the scope of things when compared to modern vehicle fixes.

There are good buys for already done C4's if you keep your eyes open. You can get one that has been well maintained, hence the good ride, and also modified so that it runs with a C6 no problem.

Good luck with whatever you decide on.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:46 PM
drd21968
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

i have had a c5 since 98 sold it and purchased a c6 in 06,great cars and i like driving them.i have always had a c4 corvette in my stable.i love driving them and they are a bargin.i have owned 86.two different 85,90,90 383 sr,91 zr1,96 lt4,96 grand sport.currently own a 89 383 sr.i wouldnt get rid of my c6 for a c4.but they are great cars in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Has anyone gone from a C6 to a C4?