Carpet Options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 06:36 PM
beerme
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Carpet Options?

Hi,

Anyone do anything different for carpet? Specifically anyone every use indoor/outdoor carpeting or other type of carpet? If so any insight that can be shared?

I am looking at buying a carpet set but am thinking I could do it a lot cheaper if I just think outside of the box.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide....

Old 03-13-2014, 11:17 AM
ejscarfo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I initially thought about doing that, then decided the time involved with cutting and gluing, etc. wasn't worth when carpet sets were readily available and rather inexpensive. I went with the cheaper plastic backed carpet set from Willcox and couldn't be happier. I wanted to install sound deadener as well and the plastic backed carpet set I used fit perfectly over the Dynamat. The contours and cuts of the carpet set allow you just to literally drop it in. The only pieces I had to glue were the ones under the dash and the on the console sides.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 373 Posts

plus the carpet sets are already formed to fit the contours of the floors and console area.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Silver96ce
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

Please do yourself a favor and forget your current idea of indoor/outdoor carpet. The time and effort will result in a mediocre outcome unless someone has the requisite equipment and skills - and in that case they would use proper carpet.

If you are trying to save money at this time try contacting one of the breakers/part out companies in the "C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted" to see if they have good condition used carpet in the color you need. For example "See4Parts" is constantly posting used parts. Or post a wanted ad - someone may be upgrading to new carpet while the old carpet still has life in it.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:05 PM
cokeholic
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mmmm i too would love to put new carpet in my car but living in Australia and even with a wilcox kit im looking at around $1000.00 landed at my door i dont under stand why carpet in the states is so expensive.We can carpet a car for a couple of hundred dollars with molded carpet.Just a pity the local remakers here dont have floor mouldings for vettes
Old 03-16-2014, 03:52 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by cokeholic
Mmmm i too would love to put new carpet in my car but living in Australia and even with a wilcox kit im looking at around $1000.00 landed at my door i dont under stand why carpet in the states is so expensive.We can carpet a car for a couple of hundred dollars with molded carpet.Just a pity the local remakers here dont have floor mouldings for vettes
The shipping to you is the killer... Australia will not allow a package through the postal service larger than 79" combined length and girth.. Most countries will allow it to go up to 109" and even that is pushing it for a c4 carpet set. Putting a C4 carpet set in multiple boxes is not an option either. The only choice is UPS or Federal Express. The mass backed carpet is not that cheap to make either, it's not just a plastic backed carpet like the C3 cars used...
Old 03-16-2014, 04:43 PM
cokeholic
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Willcox Corvette
The shipping to you is the killer... Australia will not allow a package through the postal service larger than 79" combined length and girth.. Most countries will allow it to go up to 109" and even that is pushing it for a c4 carpet set. Putting a C4 carpet set in multiple boxes is not an option either. The only choice is UPS or Federal Express. The mass backed carpet is not that cheap to make either, it's not just a plastic backed carpet like the C3 cars used...
Yep so I am discovering this is the price I pay for owning an imported car I spose even though I landed 4 brake rotors and full pad set for $48.00 postage still don't know how they did that one

Get notified of new replies

To Carpet Options?

Quick Reply: Carpet Options?