Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

I didn't know what I was looking at until...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 08:52 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by daverulz
To my surprise, Callaway still has many parts for these cars in stock! As expected they're expensive, but that should not be a surprise for a car that was built in such low volume.

EX: Left exhaust manifold ~$1200, Left Intercooler ~$1400

But those are things that I wouldn't really expect to go bad. The little things that go bad on an old car like this are all not that bad...again for a specialty car.

Just look at the parts cost as a torque tax
Over 25 Years later, we do still have parts, or will make the parts our customers need. For part which are often hand-built, we charge a fair price, and for the ones quoted, those seldom go bad or are needed. Usually from crash damage, if ever.

Our commitment is to support the legacy of our cars, which I think we've done a great job. Usually the life cycle for o.e. parts are 10 years, if that.

Looks like the majority of parts are there and presentable. Of course some other parts are missing - exhaust and Dymags from 1988, but they can be found from time to time, too.

To the OP, thanks for posting. Good to see this car still around. Last call, it had about 60,000 miles, so it's been enjoyed
Old 07-13-2014, 01:58 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by daverulz
They really require a special kind of owner...
That may be true but who would rape a Callaway like that? Before the moron drilled holes in the rear deck it may have been worth close to $20,000 but not even close now.The car to have would be the 87 convertible thats for sale elsewhere,that car is worth every penny of the asking price.

Quick Reply: I didn't know what I was looking at until...