corvette Stu
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The car will end up at Contemporary Corvette in Bristol Pa
Old 11-11-2014, 10:41 AM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

The cop on that news piece was quick to make it all about them. We had to get wet! Put him under the jail!

L98's make good boat anchors.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:35 AM
BadUmp
Team Owner

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mike100
The cop on that news piece was quick to make it all about them. We had to get wet! Put him under the jail!

Is any of this supposed to make sense, or have a valid point
Old 11-11-2014, 12:17 PM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Makes perfect sense to me. If this happened in Mayberry. they would have given the man a break. Life is hard enough without the brass adding trumped up charges.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:44 PM
BadUmp
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ch@0s
Makes perfect sense to me. If this happened in Mayberry. they would have given the man a break. Life is hard enough without the brass adding trumped up charges.
If this had happened in Mayberry that Corvette would have been a 1950's International Harvester. While Gomer attempts to rescue that tractor and Otis staggers into town looking for Andy who is tying flies; and, Barney be pacing around in his usual befuddled state of mind yelling: "I'm telling you Andy you've got to Nip it! Nip it in the bud!"

But in any event, I think what is being missed is that LOTS of our tax dollars just got wasted on a needless search and rescue recover effort.

I don't particularly care to have my tax dollars wasted as such. So I've no doubt that you'll gladly reimburse me my portion of this expense. Or maybe that is why certain charges will be filed to see to it that the responsible party/person when it's all said and done anti's up for these costs.......... jmo
Old 11-11-2014, 01:16 PM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BadUmp
If this had happened in Mayberry that Corvette would have been a 1950's International Harvester. While Gomer attempts to rescue that tractor and Otis staggers into town looking for Andy who is tying flies; and, Barney be pacing around in his usual befuddled state of mind yelling: "I'm telling you Andy you've got to Nip it! Nip it in the bud!"

But in any event, I think what is being missed is that LOTS of our tax dollars just got wasted on a needless search and rescue recover effort.

I don't particularly care to have my tax dollars wasted as such. So I've no doubt that you'll gladly reimburse me my portion of this expense. Or maybe that is why certain charges will be filed to see to it that the responsible party/person when it's all said and done anti's up for these costs.......... jmo
I would rather give a hard working man my tax dollars than ..well you know.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:16 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Is any of this supposed to make sense, or have a valid point
Have him pay the wrecker for his time, give him the polluting the lake charges and call it a day without all the drama about endangering a diver because he had to wade out in 10 ft of water to hook up a chain. The Man gets paid at the office or in the field...The way I see it is they are complaining...fair enough considering the weather probably just changed out there, but they seem to be more concerned about their feelings than the lake.

Reckless endangerment? I don't think so. Expensive parking ticket-yes.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:18 PM
corvette Stu
Drifting

Move to a Big City and not the p1$$ ant town your from and you should see MAYBE
Old 11-11-2014, 02:21 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Originally Posted by red rock
Move to a Big City and not the p1$$ ant town your from and you should see MAYBE
San Diego is big enough for me. It is practically connected to Los Angeles and Riverside now.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:02 PM
856SPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielRicany
They're going to charge him with reckless endangerment because they claim it was dangerous for the officers to go into the water to see if anyone was in the car and for the divers to see if anyone was at the bottom of the river.

But gee, if that's the case then I guess our tax dollars should stop paying them.

That's part of the job. If they don't like doing it, they shouldn't have joined the force.
Daniel,

Good for you-that's the most intelligent line I have witnessed from you!
Old 11-11-2014, 03:41 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

While we're on the subject of making him pay for the services rendered..Here in West Virginia if you do something idiotic, (like what he did) , you "are" required to reimburst the county for the services they provided... If your burning leaves in your back yard , and it sets the adjacent woods on fire, your responsible for all damage, and for paying the fire department for there services..(In other words, if you do something stupid , you pay for your stupidity)......I'm starting to like this state better the longer I live here, especially after seeing how screwed up other states are........But Lord, we do have alot of rednecks........WW

Last edited by WW7; 11-11-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:44 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Yep, they are also strong truck engines.
That what a member here used to say before he went on hibernation
Old 11-11-2014, 06:02 PM
BadUmp
Team Owner

Interesting that you respond as you do on all days, Veterans Day. Do you feel the same about them?

Here in these parts many people still remember this act of duty/doing his job: http://www.odmp.org/officer/12301-po...ronald-j-siver

Now, if some half-wit hadn't pulled the stupid reckless stunt that he did
police and fire members wouldn't be put in jeopardy.

Then, if the worst case scenario happens it's the tax payers who pay the insurance cost for that lost member and for another member to replace them.

There is also the "Endangering" factor that applies to the boating traffic - since a floating car, no doubt mostly submerged can act much like an ice berg - I think you probably heard of the unsinkable Titanic by now......

..... and, there are many other factors that come into play but I doubt you'd have a clue!

Have him pay the wrecker for his time, give him the polluting the lake charges and call it a day without all the drama about endangering a diver because he had to wade out in 10 ft of water to hook up a chain. The Man gets paid at the office or in the field...The way I see it is they are complaining...fair enough considering the weather probably just changed out there, but they seem to be more concerned about their feelings than the lake.

Reckless endangerment? I don't think so. Expensive parking ticket-yes.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:19 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Interesting that you respond as you do on all days, Veterans Day. Do you feel the same about them?

Here in these parts many people still remember this act of duty/doing his job: http://www.odmp.org/officer/12301-po...ronald-j-siver

Now, if some half-wit hadn't pulled the stupid reckless stunt that he did
police and fire members wouldn't be put in jeopardy.

Then, if the worst case scenario happens it's the tax payers who pay the insurance cost for that lost member and for another member to replace them.

There is also the "Endangering" factor that applies to the boating traffic - since a floating car, no doubt mostly submerged can act much like an ice berg - I think you probably heard of the unsinkable Titanic by now......

..... and, there are many other factors that come into play but I doubt you'd have a clue!
Look, I understand your logical arguments- I just don't like cops all that much. Put me on that guy's jury. The only thing hurt in this case was the environment (and a C4). It has occurred to me that the endangerment charge might be cheaper than environmental fines. At least it would be in some states. I guess they still have to prove he did it.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:39 PM
BadUmp
Team Owner

re: "I just don't like cops all that much."
then I'd have to agree with you if the incident were like this -
http://www.timesunion.com/local/arti...#photo-7124833

Look, I understand your logical arguments- I just don't like cops all that much. Put me on that guy's jury. The only thing hurt in this case was the environment (and a C4). It has occurred to me that the endangerment charge might be cheaper than environmental fines. At least it would be in some states. I guess they still have to prove he did it.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:39 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PLRX
Yep, they are also strong truck engines.
That what a member here used to say before he went on hibernation
Imagine the level of butt hurt it would take to drive a Corvette into a river?? Good thing there weren't any crocs in there....
Old 11-12-2014, 11:17 AM
corvette Stu
Drifting

Originally Posted by Frizlefrak
Imagine the level of butt hurt it would take to drive a Corvette into a river?? Good thing there weren't any crocs in there....
WOW that was funny. Don't miss you around here anymore.

Get notified of new replies

To Man Drives Corvette Into Delaware River

Old 11-12-2014, 11:19 AM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Frizlefrak
Old 11-12-2014, 11:36 AM
corvette Stu
Drifting

Originally Posted by ch@0s
OH no don't encourage him he'll be buying another Corvette again.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by red rock
Don't miss you around here anymore.
Yeah you do...

And since you do, maybe it's time the Posse saddled up and rode into town......Clean up the streets of hippies, trolls, and all manner of miscreants....

Quick Reply: Man Drives Corvette Into Delaware River