C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

1990 Corvette VS 2012 Altima coupe 3.5 SR

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 09:54 AM
volkswagens-for-life
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
BUMP!!! ok so this race finally took place!! After a year of trash talk and insults. Last week they both went to englishtown (on a day I couldn't make it) jerks, and raced and here is how it went down. They both have their time slips if you guys want to see.

Altima - 14.4 at 100mph

90 L98 - 14.1 at 98mph

Vette got a better launch and even though ran a slightly lower trap speed it got the W!! Go Bowtie!! The altima has a nismo catback and intake and the c4 I am pretty sure just has a catback, either a borla or flowmaster.

I was impressed with the altima trap speed but more happy the C4 got the win!! However there has been a development lol Altima boy is selling his car and ordered a new 2016 volkswagon golf R. Now he is talking even more crap and ALREADY ordered an APR stage 1 kit lol Now these things are no joke and they are fast !! I did some homework and here is what I found.

APR's Golf R was able to achieve a 12.9@105.7 MPH 1/4 mile pass factory stock. Upgrading to APR’s Stage I 93 AKI ECU Upgrade improved the results substantially, coming in at 12.0@111.7 MPH. Furthermore with APR’s Stage II 93 AKI ECU Upgrade, APR Intake and APR Cast Dowpipe, the Golf R broke into the 11’s with an 11.7@114.4 MPH.

He asked me what mods my car has which is just intake/headers/tune and now we have a date lol Kid is relentless. My car dyno'd at 430rwhp and a friend on here has the exact same car and set up and ran 11.0 at 126mph so i'm going to defend the bowtie for us !! Hope you guys have been good.

Chris
With only a few mods that l98 is running low 13's. I'm not surprised at all at the speed differences; thats how the tuned port works. Faster traps, lower speeds.

Also the Golf R, stock, are pretty decent. Modded and it's a pretty gnarly car. That l98 corvette can hit 11's fairly easily though without FI.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:45 AM
sahhas
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

well, i'm glad the '90 vette won.

the funny thing about this, or makes me laugh, is you're talking about a car that's competition is 22 years newer! and the L98 motor was developed in the late 1970s!!!!!
Old 06-26-2015, 11:53 AM
volkswagens-for-life
Melting Slicks

The new 275hp SE-R's are a great piece of engineering and amazing daily drivers... for sure, they can be real killers on the street with mild work... but it's good to see the "turd" l98 walked one by nearly a half-second in the 1/4. That l98 would rock his world with only a header-back, let alone a cam, heads, etc.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:02 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by volkswagens-for-life
The new 275hp SE-R's are a great piece of engineering and amazing daily drivers..
what is this ? got a link?
Old 06-26-2015, 02:35 PM
volkswagens-for-life
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by thegame
what is this ? got a link?
Thats what I get for working and posting. I had gotten out of this habit for the longest time.

I meant the Altima SL, not SE-R. They are quite the ride though! 0-60 in 5.7 seconds, 1/4 mile in near a 14 flat. Certainly not a rocket, but would put up a good fight for our 20+ year old cars.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:40 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by volkswagens-for-life
Thats what I get for working and posting. I had gotten out of this habit for the longest time.

I meant the Altima SL, not SE-R. They are quite the ride though! 0-60 in 5.7 seconds, 1/4 mile in near a 14 flat. Certainly not a rocket, but would put up a good fight for our 20+ year old cars.
Oh I got you. I thought they brought the SE-R altima back because my friend (who is not a moron) had an 05 and it was a prety cool car. Quick also.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:13 PM
volkswagens-for-life
Melting Slicks

Those are cool cars, agreed. Lots of fun on the street.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:48 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Just a funny addition to this thread that went nowhere. When I was running an errand today I took the vette out because it is a beautiful day and long beholddddddd who do I run into but my buddy Alan in his 3.5 Altima that has some top secret mods (according to him) lol

I just got on the side of him and smirked he looked like he saw a ghost because he had a girl with him. LOL Now I could have been nice and let him off the hook but it's been a solid year of nonsense from this guy and he needs a beating. The girl was smiling and I just told him to go... He downshift and I hear the fartcan purring and i mash the throttle and literally stop his pull instantaneous and put bus lengths on him for fun. It wasn't even close to being able to be classified a race.

He took the next exit lol hasn't returned my texts but his friend Candice who is a friend of the group did text me and say awesome car : )

My cars a 15 Z51 A8 Stingray with an ECS supercharger at 8lbs of boost and meth injection. Makes 610rwhp and has plenty left in the set up!!

Chris

Quick Reply: 1990 Corvette VS 2012 Altima coupe 3.5 SR