C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

AC light flashing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 07:59 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts

Default AC light flashing?

While doing a scan on my 93 C4 LT1, the AC light was blinking. Turned the car off for about two minutes. Started it again, and the light wasn't flashing anymore. I disconnected the datalog, if that has anything to do with it. Also, when the light wasn't blinking, I turned the AC on and it blew cold. Any ideas why it started flashing?
Old 06-04-2015, 08:18 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Run a code test on the climate control it will tell you
Old 06-04-2015, 11:34 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts

Thanks bud! I see you are in the DFW. Are you going to C&C in Plano on Saturday. Anyways, I've been emailing the owner of 1320electronics(John) and he's been a big help. I told him that the AC auto light flashes when I connect the scan. Here's his response in my email

"Hi Mr. Herrera-
The A/C light and ABS doing that I suspect is normal. The A/C and ABS share the bus with the ECM and CCM. The CCM runs the show. To communicate with the ECM, you have to shut down the CCM. When that happens, the ABS and A/C are just indicating that they have lost communication with the CCM. In the future, we can write adx files to communicate with the CCM, ABS, and A/C to get the info out of them too!"
Old 06-05-2015, 01:05 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

Try running the A/C diagnostics:

Old 06-05-2015, 08:44 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1
Thanks bud! I see you are in the DFW. Are you going to C&C in Plano on Saturday. Anyways, I've been emailing the owner of 1320electronics(John) and he's been a big help. I told him that the AC auto light flashes when I connect the scan. Here's his response in my email

"Hi Mr. Herrera-
The A/C light and ABS doing that I suspect is normal. The A/C and ABS share the bus with the ECM and CCM. The CCM runs the show. To communicate with the ECM, you have to shut down the CCM. When that happens, the ABS and A/C are just indicating that they have lost communication with the CCM. In the future, we can write adx files to communicate with the CCM, ABS, and A/C to get the info out of them too!"
I live out in the bonnies west of Fortworth I try to avoid Dallas. If I can not pee off the porch and shoot a shotgun at the same time I will not live there!!!! Try Cliff's trick it is what I was talking about.

Get notified of new replies

To AC light flashing?

Quick Reply: AC light flashing?