C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

How do you guys & gals do it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 07:28 PM
mlm0
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by skullandbones
You really need to get over your "budget remorse". In the old days, you could slap on the add ons and "tune" the carb and get away with it. However, these days the tune whatever route you take is part of the cost. It hurts but it's the price of going fast with technology. If you, even begrudgingly, include the tune cost, you will get used to looking at it that way after the initial shock! I did a spreadsheet to itemize the costs for one build. Believe me, it was an eye opening experience when you see it in black and white. Then I had to add about 15% for the incidentals like gaskets. Ouch!!!

Keep us informed on your progress. This sounds interesting.

Good luck,

WEK.
It's not the cost stopping me. I just don't want to go through all that's involved, and not being able to get it tuned correctly to make it all worthwhile in the end. It seems very difficult to find someone to do real time tuning on 89, but I will keep looking. When I do, I will then move on to doing upgrades.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:23 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,965 Posts

Originally Posted by mlm0
It's not the cost stopping me. I just don't want to go through all that's involved, and not being able to get it tuned correctly to make it all worthwhile in the end. It seems very difficult to find someone to do real time tuning on 89, but I will keep looking. When I do, I will then move on to doing upgrades.
Talk to a bunch of tuners and see what they recommend and go with the one that makes you feel warm and fuzzy
Old 04-03-2016, 09:04 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Corey Henderson is out in TX
Does a lot of C4 ZR1s google him and give him a shout
Bet hes had a few L98s through his shop also

Last edited by cv67; 04-03-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:29 PM
mlm0
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Corey Henderson is out in TX
Does a lot of C4 ZR1s google him and give him a shout
Bet hes had a few L98s through his shop also

Thank you very much. I heard about this place before. I looked it up and think I will drive the 75 miles to talk to them this coming week. If they can do it, I will get their ideas of what to mod
Old 04-04-2016, 11:01 AM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
IIRC, they said to get ABS to work with the LS series ECM you have to change the reluctors? Will that be the same with the aftermarket ECM you talk about? Will that work for the FX3, ABS and any other systems that the current ECM talks to?
Not sure on the FX3. The ABS I thought had it's own computer?
Not sure exactly. The C4 is so finicky lol
Old 04-04-2016, 11:24 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,965 Posts

Originally Posted by MavsAK
Not sure on the FX3. The ABS I thought had it's own computer?
Not sure exactly. The C4 is so finicky lol
FX3 definitely takes input from the VSS to decide what to change the rate to for the shocks. ABS might have it's own computer but it might take info from the ECM. At least, VSS data too. Not sure what else. I was told that you have to change the Reluctor Rings to get it to work. The C4 is more picky because it has other systems that are integrated and not stand alone.

Quick Reply: How do you guys & gals do it?