Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Bose Problem, Need Help!

Old 08-31-2016, 07:36 PM
bolling
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bose Problem, Need Help!

I have a new to me 88 corvette with bose radio. Someone had put a bose cd radio from a later generation. The left to to right and the front to back did not work properly and I purchased a different radio and hooked it up and the front to back still does not work right. It seems backward and the left front speaker does not work at all. I checked the wires to the left front speakers with an ohm meter and it checked out OK. I have double checked all the wiring with the new radio and it all is wired correctly but seems backward.
Thanks
Old 08-31-2016, 07:53 PM
94VenomVette
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Bose radios use a CDM module. should be under the pass side dash ion the earlier models. may have and issue with that possibly.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:09 PM
Cruisinfanatic
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Clifton Park, NY ..............Clearwater, FL ... 85 Original Owner
Received 552 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by 94VenomVette
Bose radios use a CDM module. should be under the pass side dash ion the earlier models. may have and issue with that possibly.
if that (bose relay) was bad, there would be nothing working
Old 08-31-2016, 10:11 PM
Cruisinfanatic
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Clifton Park, NY ..............Clearwater, FL ... 85 Original Owner
Received 552 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by bolling
I have a new to me 88 corvette with bose radio. Someone had put a bose cd radio from a later generation. The left to to right and the front to back did not work properly and I purchased a different radio and hooked it up and the front to back still does not work right. It seems backward and the left front speaker does not work at all. I checked the wires to the left front speakers with an ohm meter and it checked out OK. I have double checked all the wiring with the new radio and it all is wired correctly but seems backward.
Thanks
what radio did you put in. Are you sure everything is bose?
Non working speaker can be bad speaker, bad speaker relay, or something wrong with the rado
Old 09-01-2016, 04:38 PM
94VenomVette
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

my CDM module went bad on my 94, radio would turn on but shut off and everything was wacky. Spoke to Dr. Dons radio repair and got it straightened out. maybe give them a call
Old 09-14-2016, 03:17 PM
Rip263
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94VenomVette
my CDM module went bad on my 94, radio would turn on but shut off and everything was wacky. Spoke to Dr. Dons radio repair and got it straightened out. maybe give them a call
I have a problem with very low volume on my C4. Just spoke to Dr. Don he said it was the CDM, Nice guy sounds like ehe knows his stuff!

Get notified of new replies

To Bose Problem, Need Help!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bose Problem, Need Help!