C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Buying my 7th Vette - My first C4!!!

 
Old 11-28-2016, 09:30 PM
  #1  
NiteriderFRC
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
NiteriderFRC's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: So. Cali Ca
Posts: 5,636
Liked 48 Times in 37 Posts
Default Buying my 7th Vette - My first C4!!!

Owned the C5-C6 gen cars. And ill be honest I was never a fan of the C4. I sold my last Corvette back in July and recently got the itch to get back on a project car... wasnt planning it but here she is lol

I am now the 3rd owner with just under 111k miles. 1996 model year

Anyone want to guess or determine price.... again Im new to C4s and only had a short period of time to research before I pulled the trigger. Cali car of course
1996 LT1
My first automatic Corvette !!!

Last edited by NiteriderFRC; 11-29-2016 at 09:49 PM.
NiteriderFRC is offline  
Old 11-28-2016, 09:38 PM
  #2  
BrandensBeast
CF Senior Member
 
BrandensBeast's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,220
Liked 142 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Wow very clean car, with that mileage and condition that's about a 7-10k dollar car where I am.
BrandensBeast is offline  
Old 11-28-2016, 09:58 PM
  #3  
zr1fred
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2006
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 10,311
Liked 52 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Nice '94.
zr1fred is offline  
Old 11-28-2016, 10:30 PM
  #4  
FASTAZU
CF Senior Member
 
FASTAZU's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2002
Location: GA. Lost on 285.. just keeps going around!
Posts: 10,167
Liked 284 Times in 259 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
Default

Grats Looks very clean
FASTAZU is offline  
Old 11-28-2016, 10:32 PM
  #5  
95tealconvert
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 350
Liked 72 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Congrads-from the photos you posted looks like a very well kept example with 111K miles.

The C4 grows on you and gives you a driving experience that is hard to get in the newer generations. Enjoy your new to you C4.

My guess on price is around $6500.00

95tealconvert is offline  
Old 11-28-2016, 10:41 PM
  #6  
ghlkal
CF Senior Member
 
ghlkal's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: Fredonia WI
Posts: 2,453
Liked 115 Times in 105 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
Default

Congrats

I really like the white with gray interior. That C4 looks very clean.
ghlkal is offline  
Old 11-28-2016, 10:58 PM
  #7  
NiteriderFRC
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
NiteriderFRC's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: So. Cali Ca
Posts: 5,636
Liked 48 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Thanks guys! Anyone know the name of the paint? There are a few spots that need touch up.
NiteriderFRC is offline  
Old 11-28-2016, 11:29 PM
  #8  
3JsVette
CF Senior Member
 
3JsVette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,188
Liked 484 Times in 471 Posts
Default

From the pictures it looks exceptionally clean especially the interior.
You mentioned "project car". What are your future plans?
3JsVette is offline  
Old 11-28-2016, 11:38 PM
  #9  
NiteriderFRC
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
NiteriderFRC's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: So. Cali Ca
Posts: 5,636
Liked 48 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 3JsVette View Post
From the pictures it looks exceptionally clean especially the interior.
You mentioned "project car". What are your future plans?
Plan to swap on black with polished lip Zr1 style wheels with new tires. Brake pads, discs are warped. I work full time and so this wont be a daily driver and whatever little time I have between work and family this will have my attention hence the "project car" statement, I wrench on my own cars and all the Corvette's I've had in the past decade.

its a 20 year old car and I assume things here and there will start needing attention soon if not now.

The daily


Last edited by NiteriderFRC; 11-28-2016 at 11:44 PM.
NiteriderFRC is offline  
The following users liked this post: NiteriderFRC
3JsVette (11-28-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 02:40 AM
  #10  
JrRifleCoach
CF Senior Member
 
JrRifleCoach's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2003
Location: For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation
Posts: 18,540
Liked 217 Times in 203 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-19

Default

Originally Posted by NiteriderFRC View Post
Thanks guys! Anyone know the name of the paint? There are a few spots that need touch up.

Ahhhhh.....white?

Check the RPO codes for factory color. And check for a repaint.
Those seats have been recovered for sure.

JrRifleCoach is offline  
The following users liked this post: JrRifleCoach
NiteriderFRC (11-29-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 08:17 AM
  #11  
JungleCat
CF Senior Member
 
JungleCat's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2001
Location: Concord VA, U.S.A.
Posts: 3,700
Liked 104 Times in 100 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-18-'19

Default

Originally Posted by NiteriderFRC View Post
Thanks guys! Anyone know the name of the paint? There are a few spots that need touch up.
Nice looking '96, congrats.

The Corvette Black Book lists the color as Arctic White, exterior code 10.
JungleCat is offline  
The following users liked this post: JungleCat
NiteriderFRC (11-29-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 11:56 AM
  #12  
RIC96
CF Senior Member
 
RIC96's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 1999
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,737
Liked 45 Times in 33 Posts

Default

7th Vette huh. First C4. Finally got it right!
RIC96 is offline  
The following users liked this post: RIC96
NiteriderFRC (11-29-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 12:38 PM
  #13  
BLUDICE
CF Senior Member
 
BLUDICE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Plainfield IN
Posts: 939
Liked 39 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NiteriderFRC View Post
Plan to swap on black with polished lip Zr1 style wheels with new tires. Brake pads, discs are warped. I work full time and so this wont be a daily driver and whatever little time I have between work and family this will have my attention hence the "project car" statement, I wrench on my own cars and all the Corvette's I've had in the past decade.

its a 20 year old car and I assume things here and there will start needing attention soon if not now.

The daily

WOW - what kind of car is THAT!!
BLUDICE is offline  
Old 11-29-2016, 12:52 PM
  #14  
NiteriderFRC
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
NiteriderFRC's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: So. Cali Ca
Posts: 5,636
Liked 48 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Jaguar F Type -




Dad's C7 -



S/C V6 - 340HP - 330 TQ
NiteriderFRC is offline  
Old 11-29-2016, 01:01 PM
  #15  
Greg Gore
CF Senior Member
 
Greg Gore's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: CLT, North Carolina
Posts: 5,682
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I think you will be pleased with your decision. C4 still retained much of the traditional Corvette driving experience some of which was refined away in newer models. Things to check on a C4:

Previous history of water pump and Opti-Spark ignition system replacement
Wet carpeting under the floormats and or rusty seat tracks
Dexcool Coolant still red color unless previous owner changed to green type
Oil leaks under the engine
Greg Gore is offline  
Old 11-29-2016, 01:02 PM
  #16  
NiteriderFRC
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
NiteriderFRC's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: So. Cali Ca
Posts: 5,636
Liked 48 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Thanks again guys for answering questions so far and the warm welcome.

Anyone else running a square set up like this want to chime in with pictures of the stance?

Wheel Size 17x9.5
Wheel Offset 54
Bolt Pattern 5-120.65
Hub Size 70.3
Back Spacing 7.38

Leaning towards these C5 style 5 spokes. Either black or machined
NiteriderFRC is offline  
Old 11-29-2016, 01:05 PM
  #17  
NiteriderFRC
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
NiteriderFRC's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: So. Cali Ca
Posts: 5,636
Liked 48 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Greg Gore View Post
I think you will be pleased with your decision. C4 still retained much of the traditional Corvette driving experience some of which was refined away in newer models. Things to check on a C4:

Previous history of water pump and Opti-Spark ignition system replacement
Wet carpeting under the floormats and or rusty seat tracks
Dexcool Coolant still red color unless previous owner changed to green type
Oil leaks under the engine
Thank you, I've read similar advice on these forums so this more or less validates the importance of inspecting those items.

NiteriderFRC is offline  
Old 11-29-2016, 01:23 PM
  #18  
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Valencia Ca.
Posts: 68,286
Liked 1,156 Times in 1,061 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05
Default

Was that car on CL awhile back?

The fact the miles arent too high and someones spent $ on the interior to me would indicate its been generally kept up on which is good. So many of these are one crushed dream after another that at a point are really unsaveable. 3 owners with 111k says good things, too.

C4s aint bad dailys out here. Noone will steal them can leave them outside without sweating anything and parts cars are everywhere.
Plus they are super cheap. Day they get expensive is the day I lose interest in these.

Last edited by cuisinartvette; 11-29-2016 at 01:23 PM.
cuisinartvette is online now  
Old 11-29-2016, 01:52 PM
  #19  
NiteriderFRC
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
NiteriderFRC's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: So. Cali Ca
Posts: 5,636
Liked 48 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette View Post
Was that car on CL awhile back?

The fact the miles arent too high and someones spent $ on the interior to me would indicate its been generally kept up on which is good. So many of these are one crushed dream after another that at a point are really unsaveable. 3 owners with 111k says good things, too.

C4s aint bad dailys out here. Noone will steal them can leave them outside without sweating anything and parts cars are everywhere.
Plus they are super cheap. Day they get expensive is the day I lose interest in these.
Yes this car was local to me on craigslist, was having lunch on Sunday and it caught my eye since it was so close.
NiteriderFRC is offline  
Old 11-29-2016, 08:48 PM
  #20  
Mayor111
CF Senior Member
 
Mayor111's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2016
Location: Lehigh Valley PA
Posts: 1,731
Liked 585 Times in 359 Posts
Default

Very nice - I love C4's in white...

Sooo..you never said the price you paid...nor did I see what year it was...but I'm going to guess its a 93/94 so you paid $6500.

Cmonnnn tell us...lol
Mayor111 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buying my 7th Vette - My first C4!!!


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: