Digital Dash Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 04:54 PM
VaperWave
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Dash Help

Used 84' With a sun-burnt dash.
was wondering if anyone knows a source for getting the colors on the dash replaced or changed to something custom.

All the other threads of this problem have dead links for there custom colorized dashes.
Attached Images    
Old 04-12-2017, 04:58 PM
CA1992C4
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

This is the person that brought the dash back to new on my 1992 C4. I give him two thumbs up!

http://batee.com/?gclid=CIWNhP7mn9MCFRSIfgodPFMNrw

Last edited by CA1992C4; 04-12-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:29 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by CA1992C4
This is the person that brought the dash back to new on my 1992 C4. I give him two thumbs up!

http://batee.com/?gclid=CIWNhP7mn9MCFRSIfgodPFMNrw
Old 04-12-2017, 05:49 PM
VaperWave
Heel & Toe

The nice folk at batee directed me to http://corvette-craft.com
I am going to see if I can get a custom Pink / Cyan panel set for what I am trying to put together, as well as fix the dash to like new. (my estimated mileage with a full tank says +500 miles so i think that is wrong)
Old 04-12-2017, 08:28 PM
divotdug
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by VaperWave
The nice folk at batee directed me to http://corvette-craft.com
I am going to see if I can get a custom Pink / Cyan panel set for what I am trying to put together, as well as fix the dash to like new. (my estimated mileage with a full tank says +500 miles so i think that is wrong)
That is the only thing I have found wrong with my dash. No matter how much gas is in the tank, my range is always 41.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:44 PM
cuengineer
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Vaperware, I trust that since you talked to the Batee folks that you realize the colors for the dash are on an acetate like sheet that is a layer in the dash along with the polarizing film and the glass layer. BTW, I recommend replacing the original light bulbs with the newer LED bulbs that are available. Much brighter, cooler, and last much longer.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:51 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

Old 04-13-2017, 05:14 AM
cuengineer
Pro

Really nice pics, Joe. Does make me wonder if there are advantages for using any of these or are they just to be different from stock? Day or night use for example.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:52 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by cuengineer
Really nice pics, Joe. Does make me wonder if there are advantages for using any of these or are they just to be different from stock? Day or night use for example.
i'm guessing there are no advantages, just folks wanting to be different. about the only combo i'd consider is the blue/white/red, but for a 120-bucks or so, that ain't gonna happen -

my instrument cluster is desperate need of new front polarizing film - especially the speedometer panel. new film should give it a new lease on life. hopefully with that $50 fix, it will outlasts me. surprisingly, everything seems to be working OK for a 32 year old panel -
Old 04-13-2017, 06:52 PM
cuengineer
Pro

The difference after replacing the polarizing film on dash was absolutely amazing. It seemed to have suddenly gotten unreadable, and I thought the electronics were gone until I put on a pair of polarizing sunglasses and could see it clearly. After replacing the film which wasn't too complicated, just somewhat tedious to make sure everything goes together right and the film is turned the right way so it works. Beautiful when it is right though, and I think the original colors look good.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:22 AM
VaperWave
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by cuengineer
Vaperware, I trust that since you talked to the Batee folks that you realize the colors for the dash are on an acetate like sheet that is a layer in the dash along with the polarizing film and the glass layer. BTW, I recommend replacing the original light bulbs with the newer LED bulbs that are available. Much brighter, cooler, and last much longer.
I did, and that is rather expensive for a sheet of colored plastic XD

if only they made a blue / blue/ pink
Old 04-27-2017, 03:36 PM
VaperWave
Heel & Toe

I guess I need to sent my cluster to BATEE after all, I am getting problems with the light dimmer sensor. (with less light it makes the screen darker, any way I can just manually set the brightness?)
And with all the OTHER electrical problems I am having, I really want it to get checked, I would just feel really REALLY ripped of for paying $50 for polarizing filter, it should be around $15 for the same stuff especially if I did it myself.

Last edited by VaperWave; 04-27-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:09 PM
ls777z
Burning Brakes

Received 315 Likes on 231 Posts
Default gauge cluster

If you can do it correctly the first time, then yes, $50 is too much. But if it takes you 2-3 more times (not to mention down time).... it isn't.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:20 PM
VaperWave
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by ls777z
If you can do it correctly the first time, then yes, $50 is too much. But if it takes you 2-3 more times (not to mention down time).... it isn't.
That is me ordering there kit for (Edit : $60) (Plus 5.95 S&H) and doing it myself.

If I mess up I would need to buy another kit (though on there guide they have you really can't mess this up unless you scratch the glass or break a panel)

I also don't know there business practice well, I have had very expensive parts "break in transit" when I know I packed it right.
It just un-nervs me that its so expensive that if i did it for cheaper, (because its not hard and polarizing filters are cheep) I am sure I would have business in a week.

Edit: ON REVIEW
Buying 3 screens for this would run about $30, plus the acrylic paint they use is about $15, a brush and 3 blades, there only making ~10-15 on each sale, especially having them cut and a direction label on the filter.

Not a bad price at all, and all i have gotten is good reviews from the people here at CF.

As for corvette craft, I am sorry but $135 for a SHEET OF PLASTIC AND BULBS?
No.
You can literally use any clear plastic material, hell a paper protector with highlighter WOULD work.

Last edited by VaperWave; 04-27-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Digital Dash Help

Quick Reply: Digital Dash Help