Interior Floor Pan Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 11:30 PM
drcook
Safety Car

Received 959 Likes on 734 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
Default Interior Floor Pan Question

I have a question for those of you that have pulled out the carpet and such. How much damage can water do getting into and laying on the carpet/floorpan. There is 1994 coupe over by Youngstown here in Ohio that has a crack in one corner of the clear top. It is allowing water to get in. You can smell the mustiness and see where they tried to clean it.

If it won't cause any lasting damage, the car might be a good deal for someone. It is a M6 and they have been dropping the price. Right now down to $5999.99. Due to the fact the interior is roached out, it is probably closer to a 4000/4500 car.

The frame and undercarriage are really clean, it came up from down south. I looked under it a little and you could tell it is not an Ohio car that sat outside.

Last edited by drcook; 05-01-2017 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:42 AM
BrandensBeast
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 136 Posts

My 84 sat outside full of water in the back and the floor pans freezing and melting durring the winter, didn't do anything negative to the car as far as I could tell, none of the cracks that were in the floor expanded etc.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:47 AM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Water on cabin floor shouldn't cause too many problems, since it should be contained to only one side. Corrosion of power seat assembly and harness, along with front speaker is possible. It depends on how much water and how it enters. If it drips down on carpet or seat not as big of deal, actually surprised seller hasn't taped it. If water runs down "A" pillar through dash to floor could be a bigger deal. Because the front corners of floor seem to be particularly vulnerable to damage; I would want to be sure they are not damaged.

Get notified of new replies

To Interior Floor Pan Question

Quick Reply: Interior Floor Pan Question