Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Air Conditioning System electronic control temperature and button lights.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 11:19 AM
Dan The Corvette Man
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioning System electronic control temperature and button lights.

Hi,

I have a 1988 Corvette Coupe. My Air Conditioning System electronic control temperature and button lights sometimes go out. The system always works with hot air and cold air. I have to feel my way around when the lights go out. Half the time the lights are on and half the time they go out. When they are out I press the auto button on the far left and that will most often make the lights come back on. Usually after a few pushes of the button or holding it down. Then after some time they go back out. And might sometimes even come back on by themselves. Or I'll push the auto button again.

I checked the fuse box and it was okay. I want to take the panel off using the steps in my Haynes Repair Manual. Perhaps there is just something loose. I did this with some courtesy lights and it worked.

Any advice though on how to make the lights stay on all the time?

Thank you very much.

Cordially,

Dan
Attached Images  

Last edited by Dan The Corvette Man; 05-17-2017 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Double Check Post.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:58 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

The HVAC panel gets power for the lights from the radio. If you have a non-stock radio there might be a problem with the wiring.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:07 PM
Dan The Corvette Man
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks.

Thanks Cliff,

Sounds right. The previous owner had a remote control 12 disc cd player installed in February 1994. It was located in one of the the back storage compartments and the remote receiver was installed under the tach. The wire runs underneath. The manual said not to install new stereo equipment. Perhaps that did it. The Delco-Bose stereo radio cassette seems to be the original. My air conditioning was nice and cold today and the heat was hot all winter. Both defrosters work great too. Thanks.

Cordially,

Dan

Get notified of new replies

To Air Conditioning System electronic control temperature and button lights.

Quick Reply: Air Conditioning System electronic control temperature and button lights.